“"Under Renovation"”

Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in Reading
Springfield, Pennsylvania
“"Under Renovation"”
Reviewed 11 June 2014

The Hotel should be called Hotel Renovation. Upon check in in I asked if there was a restuaramt and gym and both were under renovation. As I was waiting in line I heard a customer compalin only so many TV channels worked on his floor. He was looking for the finals and his floor did not get the channel. Our toilet ran all night and I advised the fron desk upon check out. We were in a suite and overall the rest of the room was acceptable.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts

2 Thank Victor C
Vanessa S, Manager at Abraham Lincoln Hotel, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Hello Victor,

Thank you for taking the time to give us some feedback. We greatly appreciate it. I do apologize about the issues that you had experienced. We strive on customer satisfaction and we want our guests to enjoy their time with us. I hope that you will visit with us again soon. If you have any questions please feel free to email me directly at: events@abrahamlincolnreadinghotel.com

Best,

Vanessa Sheidy
Special Events Sales Coordinator

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Pittsburgh
Reviewed 11 June 2014

I bought a travelzoo coupon 2nights for $169. The hotel looked nice from the pictures, and even when we arrived into the lobby we thought it was nice. But it was a nightmare! We get to our room and turn on the tv. Come to find out the TV remote is missing. No big deal, we can change the channels using the buttons on the TV......WRONG the tv doesn't even have any channel buttons only a power button and volume. (We got stuck watching infomercials with 2 children under the age of 5) the room was large and the location was right in downtown reading. The city itself sucks and nothing exciting to do unless your an old lady. The carpet in the room was filthy. (Don't walk on it without socks) when getting ready to give the kids a bath we found out the bath did not stop up and was broke. We called the front desk from the room and told them about the TV and the tub they were very polite and said they would send up a remote and someone to fix the tub. I asked of we could change rooms and they said they were 100% booked because of WW2 weekend. 2 hours later with no call or anyone coming to fix the problems. My wife went down to the front desk and spoke to the hotel "manager" his name was Demerius. He told my wife he would have it fixed right away. Upon returning to the room from dinner (2+ hours later)it still wasn't fixed. I then went to the desk and Demerius said hotel maintenance had left for the night and he was still "looking" for a remote. Demerius told us he would refund us one night but they had to bill travelzoo and ravel zoo would refund me the money. Well I called travelzoo and that's not how it works and the hotel "manager" demerius never even contacted travel zoo. We wound up staying elsewhere. Demerits said something under his breathe to me but didn't make out what it was. He is nothing but a thug dressed in a cheap suit. DO NOT STAY HERE!

• Stayed June 2014
3 Thank Steeltown239

Travellers are raving about these Reading hotels

Beltsville, Maryland
Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

A group of us came for a reunion. Breakfast was good. When we checked in we were told about the store. Very Convenient and cheap. Also there was late night music to which my friends and I enjoyed. We will be back.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Partyall
Intercourse, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 6 June 2014

The staff is unprofessional and inept. My room did not have a working TV, in fact the entire floor did not have televisions that worked. I was not told this at check in. I realized it at 7PM when the hotel was fully booked. So, I could not get another room. It was like being in prison, except convicts get tv privileges. Additionally, the place is very run down, it is in a terrible area, and all in all it is a FIRST CLASS DUMP !!! I would not stay here again or recommend it to my enemy.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Princess O
Dover, Delaware
Reviewed 1 June 2014

First off i would like to say don't let the outside fool you. as soon as i walked in the building i was amazed by the stunning beauty of the main lobby of this hotel made me feel if i were royalty. The room i was in was a decent size but the floor could of used some TLC but wasn't terrible and also the rooms come standard with flat screen tv, fridge and a microwave. The next morning i had breakfast in the restuarant and let me tell you I did not expect to get a hot breakfast let alone a full buffet and i was told by the waiter that there would be no charge it was included in my stay I almost felt guilty for getting so much for nothing and also Miguel the other waiter was also very knowledgeable about the history of the hotel and also told me some interesting facts about the city. I look forward to returning again within the next few months

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Charles L
Also consider these accommodations in or near Reading
Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Reading
Crowne Plaza Hotel Reading
Crowne Plaza Hotel Reading
#1 of 7 in Wyomissing
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Wyomissing

Been to Abraham Lincoln Hotel? Share your experiences!