“Beautiful.”

Ranked #2 of 8 Reading B&B and Inns
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Beautiful.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 November 2013

Breathtaking well kept grounds and a beautiful mansion with antique furnishing. Rooms are tastefully and richly decorated. Fireplaces and delicous food. Peter was the perfect host.
It was the perfect time of the year for foliage change, weather was cool and crisp.
We were there for my son's wedding, it was the perfect setting for the event.
Will love to go back to relax and explore a bit more. It is a lovely area.

Room Tip: All rooms are suites. I got to look in some of them and they all looked wonderful.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Rosa B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Gettysburg, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2013

We recently stayed over night for an event that we attended at the Stirling. Check in was very smooth and fast. The event featured great food scallops and bacon, quesadillas and a few other things. The rooms was very nice and clean. Breakfast is a must, don't pass this up! Highly recommend.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Nathan M
Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2013

I spent much of my childhood in Reading, PA. In fact, my grandparents lived within walking distance of this hotel. I always loved walking through some of these old, grand neighborhoods with the beautiful Victorian homes. I decided that on this most recent visit I would treat myself to a night in one of these houses. It was well worth it. The Stirling is beautiful. My room was well appointed. It was very clean...and I am very picky. The bed was comfortable and afforded me a great night's sleep. In the morning, I enjoyed a very nice breakfast in the dining room. The only request that I might make is for the guest suites to provide an ice bucket and access to some ice from the kitchen. I would have enjoyed a nice cold beverage as I read in bed that evening. I highly recommend this B and B. I plan to send my daughter and her husband here next summer as a gift. I know they will enjoy it.

Room Tip: Try to stay in the main house if at all possible.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank turtlehill
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2013

We were in the area shoping for cigars (at Cigars International in Hamburg). We did not want to stay in the area, but needed a place for the night. I found Stirling Guest hotel here and do not regret believing in the great reviews!

The scenery going from Hamburg to Reading is not very attractive, but... As soon as we saw the mansion, we were amazed!

The staff is welcoming and helpful. The service is impeccable. We enjoyed the garden and the pool, the room was luxurious, and the breakfast memorable. The mansion is an "Historic Place" and it was a privilege to be able to stay there as if we were in our home.

The place deserve to be visited if you are in the area, and if you're not, consider the detour.
There is absolutely no reason to go anywhere else. The price is reasonnable and the place is amazing.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank reviewed_by_annie
Belcamp, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2013

Do yourself a favor and spend at least one night at the Stirling. The staff; Jeff, Mary and Chef Ron were wonderful. The Mansion is beautiful. It was clean, dust free and not what I expected from a century old Mansion. The floors did not creak, the ceilings did not leak, and the windows did not rattle. I like that the renovations did not take away from its historic features. It's not the McAlister but it's still a wonderful get away even for a night.

Room Tip: If you like antiques, the Mansion is where you want to be. Whatever you decide, you will not be dis...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank JYRyce
Cardiff
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2013

We stayed for two nights from 21st May. The main house was absolutely fantastic. We stayed in what would have been the coach house, the main room was large with a mezzanine level which was the bedroom, everything was very nice, but in our opinion there were a few things which could have been better. The bathroom could have an extra shelf as there wasn't room to put any of your things. Coffee making facilities would have been nice and there were no curtains(drapes) on any of windows which meant you woke up as soon as it was light.
On the upside, the staff were very pleasant and the breakfast was excellent.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank cardifftravellers
Philadelphia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2013

The Stirling Guest Hotel is the antithesis if cookie-cutter rooms and so-so service. We had a great experience over a PSU college graduation weekend. The extended family - grandparents, siblings and more - all stayed at the hotel. On Friday evening, TJ graciously set-up a beautiful area for us to enjoy appetizers and wine (we provided food / wine and they had plates, napkins, utensils and a beautiful table) prior to going out to dinner at Say Cheese in West Reading. The next morning, we enjoyed a wonderful breakfast. Overall, it was a great experience and I would heartily endorse the hotel! Thanks for a wonderful stay!

The only reason I gave it 4 stars is the quality of the towels and the bed itself. Not everyone had a super-comfortable bed...

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank CityTravelers999
Also consider these accommodations in or near Reading
Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Reading
#1 of 7 in Wyomissing
Inn at Reading
Inn at Reading
#5 of 7 in Wyomissing

Been to Stirling Guest Hotel? Share your experiences!