“ABSOLUTELY DIRTY /DISTURBING!!!!!!!!!! FROM NEW JERSEY”

Econo Lodge Northeast
Ranked #8 of 10 Hotels in Reading
Northfield NJ
“ABSOLUTELY DIRTY /DISTURBING!!!!!!!!!! FROM NEW JERSEY”
Reviewed 25 June 2012

I travelled from south jersey to this hotel for a wedding that was held in Reading.. The wedding was BEAUTIFUL~~~.. The HOTEL is Disgusting...................I am very appalled that I made a reserveration, I was quoted a different price to start out!.... Then we checked in and found BUGS in the comforter and sheets!!!!!!!!!!!Gave the bugs to "Drew" the night worker... He was very nice and gave us new linens out of the washer... and felt BAD... Then, we come back from the wedding and there were 3 police officers in front of the building, and had a man cuffed on the police car...we had children of all ages there and DIDN'T appreciate it... Then we get woken up at 8:30 am by a women who juggle the door and opens it up and says "Housekeeping"...are you kidding me check out wasn't until 11am... I know this is her job and I do appreciate that but I would have assumed that the hotel had a master list of who is leaving and staying............My whole family was awoken....Then we all get something to eat of where we are having a conversation with each other~~ and the manager "Mervin" aggressively interrupted our conversation regarding the prices we were all charged... DIDN'T appreciate that as we were sitting with the Groom and Bride and they didn't need to be bothered...VERY UNPROFESSIONAL~~~I called the office as soon as I returned home...they said they are checking into all of these complaints!! I will follow up with the owner and GM of choice hotels...Finally I immediately washed everything that touched that room and my family...

DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY OR INTEGRITY~~~DISGUSTING AND DIRTY AND UNPROFESSIONAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Don't make a reservation here until they clean their hotel! There is a hotel right next door I w...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Durham, North Carolina
Reviewed 14 June 2012

Friends and family of mine recommended the Econo Lodge for my children, husband and myself to stay this past weekend. We were visiting from North Carolina. We were pleasantly surprised on how clean the room was for the price. Unlike other reviews I didn't see any paint chips, or mold, nor did we have any complaints about the outside noise. The room had a refrigerator and microwave which was an added bonus for our stay. The beds were comfortable, and seemed as if they were brand new. The hotel was also accommodating with ensuring the crib was already placed in our room before check in. Which made it easy for us to put our children to bed as soon as we came in. It seems as though the owners and staff take pride in their hotel. Everyone there was nice, even when my children ran around the breakfast area. We make a few trips to P.A to visit family, I will continue to stay at this hotel every time!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
Hohenwald, Tennessee
Reviewed 10 June 2012

I was in bad need of a shower, and no truckstops for miles....I should have borrowed a hose! The halls had paint chips everywhere, trashy, dirty.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Lonnie M
Stafford, Virginia
Reviewed 31 July 2011

We were given a room that had a noisy air conditioner. When we called the office Tracy immediatly changed our room. The next morning we were greeted warmly by the staff as we went to breakfast.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank fjsnyder12
nyc
Reviewed 31 July 2008

This hotel was the worst place I have ever stayed. It was disgusting. There were people barbequing in the parking lot until 3 in the morning. The bathroom ceiling was full of mold and I think bugs were nesting in there too. The bathroom walls were bear unpainted sheet rock. There was no towel rack. The TV didn't work.
The beds were filthy. I slept on top of the comforter. I felt dirty coming out of the shower. The only good thing about this hotel was that they allowed me to check out after staying one night when I had prepaid for three and they refunded me the balance of the money. If you must come to reading there is a much cleaner Comfort Inn down the block or down the road in Wyomissing, a 5 minute ride away, there was a large selection of decent hotels.

• Liked — My refund
  • Disliked — The filth
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
6 Thank acc0rdNyc
PA
Reviewed 23 June 2008

Dirty...Dirty...Dirty!!

I went out a bought sheets, pillow and blanket for the bed. Their linen looked terrible. It looked as if someone just got off of the sheets.
The towels were old and nasty.

There was no alarm clock, no iron, no hair dryer, and I think that the advertisment included all of the above. I have never been in a hotel room that did not have an alarm clock!!

The only good thing about this place is that they except animals.

But I had to worry about my dog catching something from that dirty carpet.

• Liked — they excepted pets
  • Disliked — cleaniness
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
MA
Reviewed 1 August 2007

Price was right and it was mostly clean and quite..Did hear from a friend on the second floor his room wasn't clean. A bit of a problem checking in as they had a rate $11.00 more per night and ended up charging me $2.00 more than my confirmation said..Suggest you bring a copy if you book online..Breakfast was decent with juice , good coffee , pastry , fruit and cereal ..I'd stay here again.

• Stayed July 2007, travelled on business
1 Thank randy4cc
Also consider these accommodations in or near Reading
Comfort Inn
Inn at Reading
Inn at Reading
#5 of 7 in Wyomissing
Homewood Suites by Hilton Reading

Been to Econo Lodge Northeast? Share your experiences!