Econo Lodge Northeast
Comfort Inn(Reading)
Rodeway Inn(Reading)
  • Pool
View Hotel
Penn View Motel(West Reading)
View Hotel
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 16 May 2014 via mobile

All I can say is that your better off under a bridge than at this hotel. The minute you walk in you are greetef with the stench of mold and humidity take over. Once you look around and see the terrible condition of ALL of your surroundings and the dirty bathtub, stained towels, and nasty stained bed sheets followed by months of settled in dust on the furniture you will realize that you would be better off under a bridge! Do not stay here no matter how cheap it seems is not worth bringing home a disease or bed bugs!!!!

Stayed: August 2013
3  Thank Adventuref
Wilmer K, Manager at Econo Lodge Northeast, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2014

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write your review 9 months after your stay. I really hope after all this time you have the right hotel.
All of our guest bathrooms and vanity areas have been remodeled in 2010 and this year all our guest rooms have been freshly painted. If you would have come to the front desk with your concerns we could have resolved any issues immediately.
We at this hotel take all reviews and comments seriously. For this reason our hotel is inspected on a daily basis. Thank you for taking the time for your review.

Reviewed 4 September 2013

I was quite impressed at the quality of my stay and that the staff were very helpful.

The room was clean and very spacious and the AC worked very well, if only for it humming a little loudly.

The location is a little remote, however, it was exactly what I was looking for.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Kigol
Wilmer K, Manager at Econo Lodge Northeast, responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2013

Thank you for your review with trip advisor. Our Econo Lodge strives to accommodate each guest with a clean, friendly, affordable stay. I hope you visited our continental breakfast from 6:00am to 9:00am in the morning during your stay. We look forward to seeing you again if you plan to revisit Reading,PA.

Reviewed 19 June 2013

My boyfriend and I enjoyed one night's stay while in Reading for a concert. Rooms were clean, relatively spacious, nice furnishings. Some paint chipping, but who cares. It fit our needs and budget perfectly. Staff as courteous and quick for checkin/checkout. We did notice there was no HBO as advertised.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 May 2013

Everytime I go to this Econo Lodge, I always look forward to my stay. The staff is nice. Tracy and Wilmer are excellent. They really know how to run such a nice establishment. The rooms were clean. They go above and beyond to serve the customer.

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed 29 June 2012

I was very pleased with the presentation of the hotel and the employees. After reading some other comments below I was shocked to see other people had unpleasant experiences. I had stayed the weekend of June 22 to the 24. The only police officer I seen was one circling the parking lot, my prior understanding is they do this to keep order. The room was very accommodating for my quick visit home for my father in laws birthday. The room was clean and the beds were comfy. We enjoyed the continental breakfast, the staff was very pleasant! I had no problem with the staff they were all nice and helpful. Since I have been gone things in Reading have changed, the manger was great at filling us in on the changes. I would recommend this establishment, it's a great price and close to many restaurants. I tend to take bad reviews at face value, because sometimes their are parts missing from the story. Which is why I am glad we didn't let the negative feedback make our decision for us!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family