“Fantastic for Business or Pleasure!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Reeders
Mountain Springs Lake Resort
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Reeders
Reviewed 24 May 2012

A great find in the Poconos! Attended a business function and was VERY impressed. Set in a peaceful, rustic setting, yet located within minutes to I-80. Ideal for business meetings or social functions. The main area is quite spacious with plenty of natural light. There's also 2 private rooms, which again, is ideal for either business meetings or social functions. Excellent customer service and the food - SUPERB! Wish they were also open as a fine dining restaurant, as I could see that definitely taking off! Business or pleasure, I give this the highest rating possible....

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business

Reviewed 20 May 2012

This was our first Poconos trip even though we live in Philly area. We rented the hemlock cottage #64. We drove in after passing through a beautiful rustic roads by the lake side & the outside of the cottage looked very uninviting but....
When we stepped in we are amazed how clean the cottage was, every room we went we were gasping out of excitement to see such a loaded & well maintained cottage. Upstairs was even lovely with the best master bathroom that i have ever seen, Clean, Neat & Authentic wood everywhere. Kitchen was fully equipped which was one thing i was hoping it would & we hardly had to use any toiletries we took along as a backup.
Every room has a thermostat & an attached bathroom which makes it very practical for all needs. Terrific lake side view & this cottage is at the end of the lake which meant we had complete privacy at all times. we had requested for extra air-mattress & an infant crib and everything was in-place without having to make any phone calls.
I would definitely recommend this place & this cabin is more than than just an ordinary cabin but more a 5-star comfort cottage with fully loaded amenities.

Room Tip: #64 is the best hemlock cottage
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank ypavankumar
Reviewed 8 May 2012

I was looking for a nice cabin for me and my husband to get way for the weekend. I found this place on the internet and fell in love with it, but I was weary on if it still looked like the pictures said it did. Well, it did and was even better looking in person. We were put in cabin #53 and it was the most cleanest, nicest, cabin i ever rented. We had a great time taking a romantic walk thru their nature trail, boat ride on the lake, and just sitting on the front porch drinking coffee and admiring the view. I would go back in a second. The only thing is that it is a little above my budget and I will not be able to go back as often as I would like, but if any specials come along, we will definitely take advantage of them. I totally recommend it.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lisa H
Reviewed 26 September 2011

I stayed up at MSL Resort for my uncles wedding where every cabin was rented for the wedding weekend. I personally stayed in cabin 38 which was a 3 bedroom w/ one bath. The cabin was very nice and had tons of amenities. When we walked in it was a musky smell in there but i understood it was a cabin in the woods. All i did was go around and open all the windows to get some air circulation and a couple hours later everything was fine.

On the other side of the lake closer to the lodge another family member had cabin 53. Everyone thought our cabin 38 was really nice since i was able to check in a little early alot of people hung out with us. Well after walking into cabin 53 it was like damn this is an awesome cabin. A perfect view of the lake, extremely comfortable leather couches and chairs in the living room. One bedroom had the master suite bathroom, and the other bathroom had a soaker tub for 2.

I also saw some smaller rooms like cabin 18 which were tiny and kinda funny how the "2nd" room had 3/4 walls about 7ft high. But you get what you pay for if you are paying $150 a night don't expect the amenities of the $350 cabin.

A couple of my family members went fishing and caught an array of fish. All in all the place was awesome. I would go back with my wife to have a quite weekend or couple days.

SIDE NOTE:
For the people that complain of the smell what do you expect they are cabins in the woods that the insides build up moisture from not being aired out. Just open the windows and it will be fine.
To the other people that complained there were field mice in the cabin. If you leave food out when in the outdoors animals will come. Also when it is cold out in the winter time the mice have to go somewhere to keep warm lol.

Room Tip: Cabin 53 was incredible
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
4  Thank yotafan
Reviewed 19 September 2011

We were scheduled to stay in one of the apartment cottages for several nights and arrived late to find that it had among the most pungent mold smells I've ever experienced. We survived one night with the windows open but the next morning it had thoroughly infused our clothing and was making us sick. We travel frequently and are very accommodating; this mold was absolutely terrible.

The owners acknowledged the mold problem but refused to refund us the deposit for the nights that we did not stay! We agreed to pay for one night but they simply refused to negotiate with us in good faith and return the unused portion of our deposit. Beware of paying the 50% deposit because they absolutely refuse to refund this money.

Our extended family had many other problems and we all found the owners to have a complete lack of interest in helping us. We experienced power outages, mice, mildew and generally outdated facilities all while the owners treated us with complete disdain.

Save yourself the hassle and find a better place to stay.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
19  Thank Rick V
Reviewed 22 August 2011

We just stayed her for a long weekend family get together. I stayed
in studio cottage #12 , other family members stayed in two of the apartments. The studio was quite nice, clean & breezy. The apartments could use some updating but were still clean. We stayed in the least-expensive acommodations because of last-minute booking, however there are much nicer (and more expensive) cottages on the huge property. The bedding, towels and dinnerware provided are all very clean. You can grill outside or cook on the kitchen stove if you like.
The best thing about the place however are the beautiful, pristine, park-like grounds and lake. With a few exceptions, all the cottages are spread out on the vast acreage, so the place seems "undercrowded" . The lake is crystal clear with plenty of row boats to use (included). Nature trails and gravel roads thru rolling hills all add to the quaint, quiet beauty.
I was a bit hesitant about booking the place, and kind of expected throngs of noisy kids splashing and running the place, but it was not like that at all. It was very calming, peaceful, relaxing and quiet. The area has plenty of good restaurants & things to do for all ages.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank torino72
Reviewed 18 August 2011

Stayed at the cottage suite for one night, and thoroughly enjoyed the experience. The room was secluded, well-appointed, and modern. The resort grounds, including the lake are beauitful and well-maintained. Staff is friendly and non-intrusive. MSL is a real nice option for a quick getaway or longer, especially if someone is looking for nice accomodations without the typical Poconos all-inclusive charges. It is close to I-80 and thus convenient to other Poconos activities as well.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Reeders
Pocono Manor Resort & Spa
#1 of 1 in Skytop
Mount Airy Casino Resort
Mount Airy Casino Resort
#1 of 7 in Mount Pocono

Been to Mountain Springs Lake Resort? Share your experiences!