“Best-kept secret in the Poconos”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Reeders
Mountain Springs Lake Resort
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Reeders
Reviewed 2 July 2012

To say that this resort exceeded expectations is an understatement. I was almost discouraged because the price was so reasonable I figured it would be too good to be true, but in fact it was better. The lake is beautiful and secluded. The grounds are well-kept and the cabin (#19) was immaculate and comfortable -- this coming from a frequent traveler who spends half his nights in HIltons. My girlfriend and I agreed that it was the best weekend trip we've ever gone on. Stop reading and book your relaxing vacation.

Room Tip: We stayed in one of the apartment rooms which was surprisingly rustic and charming. The studio cabin...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Joe E

Reviewed 26 June 2012

Relaxing, beautiful setting. I enjoyed that we could self cater in our small but perfectly clean and adequate cabin. Would recommend to family's and people who want a nice quiet break.

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank NewZealandishome
Reviewed 24 June 2012

After staying for two nights at The Inn at Pocono Manor, we couldn't have asked for a more peaceful place to stay for 5 nights. Our cottage was 3 bedrooms and 1 1/2 baths, just perfect for 5 adults. The view from our lakeside cottage was beautiful - so serene. The cottage amenities were all we needed for family dinners and family fun. The cabin was neat and clean, with no bugs - - except for a few that we brought in with us when we walked to the beach at night to see the stars. The lake water was so clean and clear, and although the two beaches were small, they were plenty big enough for the guests who used them. The resort is located centrally, so restaurants are easily accessible, along with all that the Poconos have to offer. I would go back here in a heartbeat!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank FunTimesTravelLady
Reviewed 28 May 2012

Our trip started by waiting for over 20 minutes to check in. There is only 1 receptionist that must be on commission because they ignored us and was applying the hard sell on some poor soul on the phone. The gist of the call was that customer wanted to stay 3 nights and the receptionist kept quoting better deals that were 5 to 7 nights in duration. I digress, after check-in, we got to see the lake view cabin. Quaint from outside but in need of a coat of paint. On the inside the promised 3 bedroom accommodation were appalling. The best bedroom was a queen size bed just off the front door. The other 2 were cramped in the steeply pitched A frame loft. If you are taller than 4 feet you will bang your head in the roof repeatedly. Sleeping is difficult up there. Your head is up against the roof and if you roll too far your head hits the A frame beams. In addition the mattresses are either so hard it is like sleeping on a cement block or worn out to the point you are forced into a sleeping position by the mattress. The worst part is that you get all these amenities for over $500.00 per night. Each cabin it taunted to be "fully equipped" but don't expect any of these 500 per night rentals to include tissues. One of the perks a lake view cabin promises is an included row boat. To use it you have to go to the rental office to pickup life jackets and oars. If you check in at the earliest time of 4 PM you have a mere 60 minutes to move in and return to the rental office to pick up the life jackets and oars you need for a early evening cruse around the lake. Even if you manage this the office will tell you that the oars are under your boat. This was not true in our case. In fact is was not true for all the boats we looked under and that was most of our nearby neighbors. My wife and I like to hike. All the brochures said we could hike all the way around the lake. From our cabin was started our by heading south. This took us over the out flow where the trail was obvious. Once we got to the north side things were less obvious. There was only 1 sign for the "nature trail". We followed some obscure paths until we finally retreated to the main road through someone else's rental muttering our apologies for cutting through their space. When we finally found the trail again we had to resort to Google Earth on our smart phone to find the way. There are NO TRAIL MARKERS! The final bridge which forges a wide stream had collapsed but not yet fallen totally into the stream. It was also slippery where you step on the bridge and where you step off the bridge. There is no hand rail, but with a lot of concentration we struggled across. In summary we would not recommend this resort. You would be better off staying at a local B&B and going to a local park. Save yourself a lot of expense and grief and go somewhere else. Also tell your friends.

Room Tip: Don't go here
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
8  Thank flyinggoatfarm
Reviewed 24 May 2012

A great find in the Poconos! Attended a business function and was VERY impressed. Set in a peaceful, rustic setting, yet located within minutes to I-80. Ideal for business meetings or social functions. The main area is quite spacious with plenty of natural light. There's also 2 private rooms, which again, is ideal for either business meetings or social functions. Excellent customer service and the food - SUPERB! Wish they were also open as a fine dining restaurant, as I could see that definitely taking off! Business or pleasure, I give this the highest rating possible....

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 May 2012

This was our first Poconos trip even though we live in Philly area. We rented the hemlock cottage #64. We drove in after passing through a beautiful rustic roads by the lake side & the outside of the cottage looked very uninviting but....
When we stepped in we are amazed how clean the cottage was, every room we went we were gasping out of excitement to see such a loaded & well maintained cottage. Upstairs was even lovely with the best master bathroom that i have ever seen, Clean, Neat & Authentic wood everywhere. Kitchen was fully equipped which was one thing i was hoping it would & we hardly had to use any toiletries we took along as a backup.
Every room has a thermostat & an attached bathroom which makes it very practical for all needs. Terrific lake side view & this cottage is at the end of the lake which meant we had complete privacy at all times. we had requested for extra air-mattress & an infant crib and everything was in-place without having to make any phone calls.
I would definitely recommend this place & this cabin is more than than just an ordinary cabin but more a 5-star comfort cottage with fully loaded amenities.

Room Tip: #64 is the best hemlock cottage
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank ypavankumar
Reviewed 8 May 2012

I was looking for a nice cabin for me and my husband to get way for the weekend. I found this place on the internet and fell in love with it, but I was weary on if it still looked like the pictures said it did. Well, it did and was even better looking in person. We were put in cabin #53 and it was the most cleanest, nicest, cabin i ever rented. We had a great time taking a romantic walk thru their nature trail, boat ride on the lake, and just sitting on the front porch drinking coffee and admiring the view. I would go back in a second. The only thing is that it is a little above my budget and I will not be able to go back as often as I would like, but if any specials come along, we will definitely take advantage of them. I totally recommend it.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lisa H
Also consider these accommodations in or near Reeders
Pocono Manor Resort & Spa
#1 of 1 in Skytop
Mount Airy Casino Resort
Mount Airy Casino Resort
#1 of 7 in Mount Pocono

Been to Mountain Springs Lake Resort? Share your experiences!