“Feels Like Family”

Brownstone Colonial Inn
Ranked #1 of 3 Reinholds B&B and Inns
Reviewed 6 February 2014

We have stayed at the Brownstone Colonial Inn on two different occasions during January 2014, one time for 5 nights. The inn itself is cozy and comfortable, the breakfasts where awesome (the baked oatmeal is the best) and ample but the most important reason we came back after the first time and will stay there again is that Brenda and Mark just seem like family to us. The reason for our time in the area was not necessarily a happy one but even though we didn't know the Millers before we happened on The Brownstone Colonial Inn they were a comfort to us during a difficult time.

Dan C.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Brownstone Colonial Inn

Reviewed 4 February 2014

I spent a night at the Brownstone Colonial Inn in January 2014. I had business about 20 minutes away and was delighted with my choice of staying at the Inn. When I arrived, I was offered a beverage and given a tour which ended with my room (Grandma's Room). The room was ample and quiet, the hosts Brenda and Mark were warm and welcoming, and you couldn't beat the price ($89)! Although the Inn was built in the 1700's, it has been completely updated with modern conveniences yet holds all the charm of a farmhouse. The room did not have a tv, phone, or hair dryer but I was able to manage without them for the night. Breakfast in the morning was lovely and complete with coffee, juices (orange and cranberry), a main course (mine was egg-based), and dessert (fruit pizza). It was really nice to have some friendly conversation with breakfast as business travel is usually so solitary. This was a welcome change. I also want to add how nice it was that Mark & Brenda lived there and knew the area. They recommended a great restaurant for dinner (The Black Horse) and helped with directions. Their knowledge and friendliness were a welcome change from the usual impersonal corporate hotel selection. I would recommend their B&B and stay there again.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 January 2014

My daughter and I chose the Brownstone Inn mainly for the location when we visited our family in nearby Ephrata for Thanksgiving. My niece had stayed for a romantic getaway with her husband earlier in 2013 and couldn't say enough about the inn and the innkeepers, Mark and Brenda. I am so tired of impersonal hotels at ridiculous prices for a less than comfortable stay, so we decided to give the Brownstone a try. What a wonderful change! The "Grandma" room was very comfortable and as modern as any hotel, but had the original 18th century charm throughout the whole inn. Mark and Brenda were wonderful hosts, friendly and very knowledgeable about the area as well as very good cooks. My eleven year old is not the most adventurous of eaters but each morning her first sentence was "what are we having for breakfast this morning?". She is still talking about Brenda's grandmother's recipe for the baked oatmeal served there. I loved relaxing and sitting at breakfast, talking with the other guests and Mark and Brenda about the area, antiquing and the lifestyle in Lancaster County. I have driven across the US 6 times, to and from Alaska 2 times and throughout Canada and can definitely say this was one of the nicest, friendliest places I have ever stayed at. Mark was extra nice to my daughter the morning we left and showed her those week old boxer puppies.
Thanks again for a great stay. We'll definitely see you again soon.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Sandra L
Reviewed 31 December 2013

Me and my wife visited Christmas Village on the 25th Dec and were contemplating which motel to book (not so good past experiences with some Motels and Hotels make us give more than just 2nd thoughts before finalizing one), heard about Brownstone Colonial Inn in this area, checked the reviews, looked at pictures and any information availiable about this place spoke very highly about it.
Brenda and Mark are exceptional hosts, we loved the 18th century (yet very solid) architecture, every small part of this building is brilliantly worked on to sustain the vintage feel. It definetely felt like we travelled back to the colonial period with all the modern convenience. We like to meet people and share stories so the most beautiful moment for me was the breakfast time where we got to share the table with other guests including the hosts. Sipping coffee and sharing your experiences and listening to others (rejoicing flurries falling outside the window). it's just not possible to put everything into words but the feeling that "we were there and lived it" is there to stay for a lifetime within me.
In this modern world and flashy lifestyle, how i wish we had more places and people like these.

Keep up the awesome work Miller & family !

God bless your family
Bhatts

Room Tip: We stayed in "Grandma's room" which has two windows with an open view of country area...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Gaurav B
Reviewed 14 December 2013

We had a wonderful time at the Brownstone. We love B & B's and this one was no exception. It's a beautiful, old stone house, updated for today, but all the old charm still there. I could almost picture myself there back 100 years. But besides the "Grandma" room I stayed in (which I hope is a premonition of what's to come), the best part is getting to meet the innkeepers, Brenda and Mark. Like at many B & B's, we had a lovely breakfast, but the exception was that they joined us for breakfast and we had such a lovely, enlightening, warm conversation with them. We could have sat there all day instead of the antiquing we had come for. We hope to get back there again.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 December 2013

Great place...Beautiful and relaxing...Away from all the hustle and close enough to the sights.Breakfast was wonderful and it felt like home. The best was their boxer had puppies after we left and it was fun seeing her and sharing her last moments.

Room Tip: All rooms are different and unique. Slept on a rope bed and it was a new experience and very com
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 December 2013

While visiting a relative at a Caron Treatment Center the hospitality of the innkeepers went above and beyond. It was a short ride every morning for my visit and I couldn't of asked for more comfort when returning in the evening. The room was extremely comfortable and immaculate. The breakfast and snacks were fresh homemade and so delicious. The innkeepers Brenda and Mark were so kind and made my stay with them I cant say enough about my whole experience at Brownstone, I would return there again without hesitation and have recommended it already to friends and family.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Reinholds
Eden Resort and Suites, BW Premier Collection
Bird-in-Hand Village Inn & Suites
The Inn at Twin Linden
The Inn at Twin Linden
#1 of 1 in Churchtown

Been to Brownstone Colonial Inn? Share your experiences!