Yesterday's Restaurant & Hotel
US$144
US$130
Fairfield Inn
Best Western Lock Haven(Lock Haven)(Great Value!)
US$116
Econo Lodge Motel(Bellefonte)
US$86
US$69
EconoLodge
Rough Cut Lodge(Gaines)(Great Value!)
US$167
US$144
Best Western Plus University Park Inn & Suites(State College)(Great Value!)
US$112
US$96
US$129
Carnegie Inn & Spa(State College)(Great Value!)
US$177
US$135
AscendHotels
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Visited the restaurant for lunch where this place serves the typical diner fare, with just OK quality, not bad, not great. Decor is circa 1950 as the building's exterior also broadcasts and could use a good refresh. Service and prices were OK. Nothing to write home about, just sustenance until the next meal.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank fearlessbob
Reviewed 13 October 2013

My wife and I spent the weekend in RENOVO for the FLAMING FOILAGE FESTIVAL and we were very HAPPY with our room. The HOTEL was built for the PRR for its crew members. There is NOTHING FANCY just CLEAN ROOMS SOFT BEDS CLEAN TOWELS & SHEETS with very good maid service.We will reserve our room for next year just like we have for the last 5 years.This IS NOT THE HILTON but its best deal in town.Cell phones work inside the building the ppl are GREAT the FOOD is good.So enjoy RENOVO and its natural beauty. Remerber JONWAYNE stayed here :-)

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
5  Thank Wayne B
Reviewed 23 April 2012

We stayed at this hotel this week to be in town for the Hyner Challenge. BIG MISTAKE. I have never written a review before and am only doing this because of how awful this place is. The owners are like slum lords and do absolutely nothing to care for the rooms that they rent. The place is old, which I really don't mind, but seems to have a layer of scum on everything. I wouldn't have even minded that. I'm ok with roughing it, but she" accidently" booked to have a benefit fundraiser in the bar below the night before the race. Starting at 10 o'clock the music was so loud that it shook our room so much (because the walls are so thin and the music was so loud). It was very, very difficult to get to sleep. I talked to several hikers who decided it was better to sleep in the car than to tolerate the hotel environment. If you're looking to be rested the night before a hike in the area, I wouldn't recommend staying here.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
7  Thank Hiker C
Reviewed 24 December 2011

I didn't experience the restaurant but the hotel was the worst "deal for the money" that I ever got. We booked this room sight unseen because we were far away at the time, and after being charged just shy of $60.00, we figured we were going to get a $60.00 hotel room. We've stayed in enough hotel/motel rooms to know what we ought to get for $60. *** Instead, we got a hotel room that was worth MAYBE $30.00 total. Here's what you can expect, if you book a hotel room at Yesterday's: *** -The rooms appear not to have been updated or refreshed since the 1970's. That would be okay except for... *** -The carpet appeared not to have been shampooed in ages... perhaps since it was installed. *** -The towels in the bathroom had stains on them... which made them look dirty even though they seemed clean. *** -The room FELT dirty even if it was clean. There were ancient fixtures and furniture which looked like they'd been painted and repainted numerous times, repaired, fixed, etc... let's face it, eventually this stuff reaches the end of the road and needs to be replaced. This stuff was already at the end of the road, for a hotel. The room also smelled like stale cigarette smoke even though it was supposed to have been a non-smoking room. (Why was there an ashtray in a room specifically designated as non-smoking?) *** -There is no phone in the room. Couple that with how Renovo has VERY poor cell phone reception throughout the whole town, and this could mean serious trouble. (What if you have to call 911?!) *** -The sheet on our bed, though it appeared clean, had a dark reddish-brown stain which resembled (or actually was) a blood stain. *** -To get into the room, we had to jiggle the key in the lock and turn it just right. *** -Add to this that you have to open the door using BOTH hands, because the deadbolt lock is spring-loaded. Forget carrying luggage into the room with one hand as you open the door with the other hand. *** -Some rooms are very small. Ask about the size of the room before you give your credit card information. (Some of them are a reasonable size for the $60 price tag.) *** -The first floor has a bar (rooms are on the 2nd and 3rd floors- you'd better be able to climb stairs), and the people can become EXTREMELY loud and boisterous. It's a non-smoking bar (a good thing) but that means the smokers will go outside and hoot and holler at the top of their lungs while they take yet another "breathing treatment"... which leads me to... *** -The windows are old-school and they do not insulate well against sound. So, sometimes you get to hear the boisterous drunks who are outside, and you also get to hear every vehicle with a loud engine that cruises down the main road to which this hotel is immediately adjacent. You'll be trying to get to sleep..... and then.... VVRRRRRRRRMMMMMM!! *** -There is no entrance to the hotel away from the bar area. So you're forced to contend with the loud, rowdy drunks as you try to get into the place. ("If you get there after 9:00, just ask the bartender. She'll let you in.") Okay. You can't even hear yourself THINK in that bar, meaning it ain't easy to get the bartender to understand that you want to get the key to your room. *** -If you try to ring the "front desk" (from your cell phone of course, if you're lucky enough to have reception), they don't always answer the call... probably because they can't hear the phone (which is in the bar, naturally) over the cacophony of drunks. There may have been a phone in the restaurant but if nobody is in the restaurant area to hear it, it'll go unanswered also. *** -Some rooms need portable electric space heaters to augment the furnace heating. (Makes you think "I paid sixty bucks for THIS?!") *** -At least half of the electrical outlets are two-prong, not three-prong. So if you have to plug something in which requires three prongs, you'll have to hunt for a three-prong outlet. (We found ours in the bathroom.) *** -The heating in the rooms is forced hot water radiator or baseboard. Our room had a radiator. So, when the furnace kicks on and the radiator heats up.... just as you're trying to go to sleep.... CLUNK! CLANK! CLUNK!!! wwwoooooooosssshhhhhhhhhhhCLANK CLANK!! CLANK! (Y'ever have a home with radiators and a forced hot water heating system? You know what I mean.) *** -Back to those old-school windows. Charming, yes. But when there is no shade covering one of the windows, it still does a great job of BEING A WINDOW, which means, if sunlight wakes you up, you ain't sleeping beyond about 7:30 AM. *** -The TV remote did nothing except change the channel and display channel information. It did not adjust the TV volume, nor did it power the TV on or off. (No sleep timer, either.) See, it was a poorly programmed "universal remote" which looked like it was meant for a cable box. *** -The shower head was very loose and wouldn't stay in place unless the shower water was running. *** -The mat in front of the shower was an old frayed white towel with the word "MAT" written on it in black permanent marker. (Again: "We paid sixty bucks for THIS?!") *** -Bring your own shampoo. The only soap in the room was those cheap hotel soap bars that are made on the other side of the world. *** -The car had to be parked across the street, in the same parking lot used by the drunks (which had one way in, and the way out was the same as the way in). Even in a town like Renovo known for being relatively safe, we didn't feel like our car was safe in that parking lot with all of the stuff we had in it. *** -The owners, while pleasant enough people, seemed very harried and not too happy to be involved in this business. (To their credit, if my financial future were dependent upon people who let themselves get so drunk they couldn't walk straight, and who shouted at each other- loudly enough to drown out a jet engine- about who was better at arm wrestling, I'd probably be perpetually low on "good cheer" myself.) *** -There was no continental breakfast. Sixty dollars, and you can't even get any bagels, danishes, and generic Cheerios. *** -When I checked out, they were just going to let me leave. I had to ASK for a receipt... and what they gave me was just a credit card slip. ****** IN CONCLUSION... if you want to book a room at this place, and they quote you a price like "fifty-something plus tax" or higher, offer them $30 flat... not $30 plus tax, $30 flat. If they don't take it, tell them to have a nice day and call the next place on the list. I have had $40 motel rooms in much more expensive / bustling areas which were better than this place... I'd go there again if I only had to pay $30 or less for the room. (But, of course, I'm fairly certain that they wouldn't take an offer of half of the price they quote... so I figure I've paid my last visit to Yesterday's.)

Room Tip: Offer them $30 flat for the room. That's what it's worth. If they don't take it, call a different place.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
11  Thank TruthTeller_11
Reviewed 22 September 2011

Yesterday's is just that, a trip back in time. Nothing fancy, just charming downhome old YMCA that has been rescued and is slowly being upgraded where you can find a very affordable room, some with private baths. The diner downstairs provides a tasty fare of all the basics at a reasonable price and the addition of the Railhouse Bar off the lobby gives the old place an up to date place to watch football and Nascar while enjoying drinks and wings or many other food items available. On nice days you can sit out on the new deck with your drink enjoying the weather and people watching. It's located within walking distance to many clubs, (Elks, Legion, Eagles) the grocery store, and just across the street from the river which is a great place to take a stroll.
If you are looking for a clean friendly place to enjoy the mountains, this is it!
*NOTE since it is such an old building there are only steps to climb to your floor so not handicapped accessible for the rooms but the restaurant and bar are!

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with friends