Trenthouse Inn Bed and Breakfast
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$53
Econo Lodge Somerset(Somerset)(Great Value!)
US$64
A1Economy Inn(Somerset)(Great Value!)
US$283
US$54
Priceline
All reviewsseven springsthe blue roomstate parkb bomeletwedding partybaked eggsnext morningchef jeffcrepesbreakfast was excellentvisit fallingwaterhousehostbrunchskilletoktoberfest
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 July 2013

My husband and I were in the area for a family reunion and we stayed at the Trenthouse Inn because it was recommended by a family member. It was my first time staying at a B&B and I wasn't sure what to expect. Well, I can tell you that it was a wonderful experience. The accomodations, the food, and the family that keep the Inn running like clockwork were amazing and as nice as can be. Mary Ann made me feel that I'd made a new friend after one conversation. The breakfasts she prepared for us were amazing, especially the stuffed french toast and I'm craving one of her homemade donuts right now while I'm writing this review. If you have an opportunity to stay at the Trenthouse Inn, do yourself a favor and enjoy this beautiful home and the wonderful ambiance of the home and gardens.

Room Tip: We stayed in the red room on the ground floor. It was convenient and had a private bath.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Beverly F
Reviewed 14 June 2013

My husband and I had a quick 2 day anniversary trip, and stayed at Trent House Inn at the recommendation of a friend. Mary Ann felt like family the instant we met her. I seriously wanted to give her a hug right away, and help her with our laundry before we left! We stayed in the Red Room which was beautifully furnished and we were glad to have a private bathroom. Mary Ann did show us the rest of the rooms and there was a picture book in the sitting room that showed the renovations. The inn itself was homey and gorgeous, the atmosphere pleasant, and the food at the delicatessen DELICIOUS! (we both enjoyed breakfast made to order...we had the Western Omelet with toast, and the cook even added a slice of watermelon and a powdered donut!) I would definitely want to go back there again. It was such a wonderful stay!

Room Tip: The Red Room does not have much light, and has a private bathroom if you prefer (3 of the 4 upstairs rooms do share a bathroom.), but is next to the hallway where the washer and dryer are kept, so there was some noise. But Mary Ann (the owner) apologized as she washed the muddy clothes of a group of bicyclists who were staying at the Inn. For her to even do that for her guests was amazing! Just like home!
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 June 2013

My husband and I had the absolute pleasure of attending a wedding in the area and along with 3 other couples, stayed at the Inn. It was wonderful- felt like we were staying with family! The entire house is beautiful, immaculate and welcoming. We had a delicious breakfast and had the opportunity to enjoy the company of Mary Ann - seriously...this woman puts Martha Stewart to shame. I would recommend a stay - can't wait to revisit in the Autumn!

Room Tip: Every room has its own charm - we stayed in the green room, shared a bathroom but it worked out beautifully.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank mj w
Reviewed 13 June 2013

We stayed at this wonderful B&B, which is located within walking distance of Laurel Hill State Park, and a 7 mile drive to Rockwood on the Great Allegheny Passage bike trail. This was a mid-week visit, and we were the only guests, which was perfect for us. Several rooms have private baths, while a few others share. The rooms upstairs have lots of natural light and ventilation. We stayed downstairs in the “Red Room” which is not as bright, but allows easy access to a cozy living room, small parlor, and formal dining room. The house is next to a grove of tall spruce trees, making for a shady and relaxing area for visitors. We were treated to an ample breakfast cooked to order by our host and served in the attached country restaurant. The Brown family lives and works here. A highlight of our visit was Granny Violet, the owner’s Mom, who will celebrate her 94th birthday next week. She loves to share her wit and wisdom with visitors. These kinds of pleasant surprises make the Trent House so much more interesting than corporate lodgings in the area.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BurghDoc
Reviewed 17 May 2013

Stopped here and was delighted. Family operated, and were made meals like family! Granmother at age 94, was assisting, mother was so gracious to show us through the charming house and grounds. But truly the food was made to please. Great kitchen, deli area. You gotta stop!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple