“Diner fare”

Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
“Diner fare”
Reviewed 17 September 2012

My partner and I have eaten more breakfasts than I can count over the last several years.
Keeping in mind that this is a diner style restaurant the food is excellent. The food is hot, generous and cheap.
Service is extremely good with friendly staff. There are many "regulars" who go here for Sunday breakfast.
This restaurant is only 1.5 miles from the route 30 bypass around Lancaster, PA.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank Quatermas

Lancaster, PA
“Overall, my experience was great....”
Reviewed 15 February 2009

Overall, my experience was great. The food was good, reasonably priced and the service was top notch. The waitresses were so friendly and you can tell it was family owned. Not so sure about the prior post of $11.95 being expensive for a full meal and then some (especialy in these hard economic times!), but I think in comparison to other places that is a deal. I would definitely go back.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“person waiting on us wasn't to great & the food wasn't either.....won't go again!!”
Reviewed 29 July 2008

1 Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
State College, Pennsylvania
“Nothing fancy, but some great food...”
Reviewed 5 March 2008

Though I've lived much of my life a few miles from Louis' Family Restaurant in Rohrerstown, PA, I never ate there before March of 2008. I ate there with six members of my extended family, and we all left very full and satisfied.

My critiques are two-fold. First, the waitress seemed to be totally overwhelmed, even though we were there at a non-peak time and there were only a few occupied tables in the entire restaurant. She couldn't remember who ordered what and needed to be reminded several times to bring out parts of our order. Also, as far as local diners go, the food is relatively expensive here.

With those two caveats aside, we had a wonderful meal. I ordered the veal parmesan with spaghetti platter, which included one side order, delicious hot rolls and butter, a huge side salad, a refillable soda, and a dessert, for $11.95. The veal, mashed potatoes, rolls, salad, and chocolate ice cream were all fantastic, and I left the restaurant absolutely stuffed, which is rare for me at non-buffets.

I really had a wonderful meal at Louis' Family Restaurant. I'm happy to recommend this place, and I hope to go there again (especially if someone else is paying).