“Terrible Customer Service; Outdated and in Need of Cleaning”

Days Inn Lancaster PA Dutch Country
Ranked #16 of 16 Hotels in Ronks
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
“Terrible Customer Service; Outdated and in Need of Cleaning”
Reviewed 21 August 2011

I booked this hotel through the Wyndham Rewards website, and found a deal for what is titled a "$10 Gas Card Package". I was to receive $10 per night (we stayed 3 nights) in gas cards upon check out. Of course when I went to check out, the girl at the front desk said they didn't have gas cards. She called her manager, telling him, yes, it is their hotel and the paperwork indicated that I should received three $10 gas cards upon check out. The manager said they don't have gas cards and he never heard of this. Imagine that... so, who is pocketing the money that is supposed to be given to a Wyndham Rewards remember? Hmmm... Believe all the reviews that tell you to take your paperwork with you and be prepared for a confrontation. Frankly, this hotel is not "up to par" and should not be considered a property for Wyndham Reward members. There was thick dust on the a/c system, and the bathroom was in need of vast improvement. There is a sign attached to the wall in the bathroom indicating, "if the toilet is about to overflow, please turn the knob located to the left of the toilet and then call the office." Are you kidding me? Their hot breakfast is a joke compared to a Wyndham property. There were no coffee cups available the first morning. The woman working there apologized. I called Wyndham, Days Inn, and anyone else I can think of to let them know this place is ripping people off of their "package" deals. My next stop is the Better Business Bureau. I will NEVER stay at this property again and I urge anyone considering staying there to think twice.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank Biz-e-Momof2
MyGHMhotels, General Manager at Days Inn Lancaster PA Dutch Country, responded to this review, 22 August 2011
Dear notfrequenttravelers,

I'm sincerely very sorry about the inconvenience that was caused to you which led your vacation and your year on a wrong footing. I would love to make it better for you, if given the chance.

I understand it is frustrating that you booked your reservation with assuming to receive a gas card. However, after researching further into this program which was mentioned by Wyndham Worldwide, is truly not by Wyndham Worldwide and is by traveler's advantage. I have attached supporting documents and links to show how to process for your gas card program and how they are not through the hotel. Please see bottom of email for link.
This is also an excerpt I found online for your reference.

"Travelers Advantage is one of the best programs that you could ever join, I frequently travel as I am in a long distance relationship and I found information about this program when I booked a stay at my local [Wyndham Property] and I was contacted by a representative of the company by a chat who told me that she would be willing to give me a discount on the hotel stay that I just booked if I was willing to chat with her and all I had to do was say hi and of course I responded by saying hi and she informed me that my account showed that I would benefit from joining travels advantage and that it could offer me a lot, she said that I had thirty days to enjoy the program without any charge and that if I decided I liked it then I would have to pay just $ 12.00 a month but I would get a lot back in return and enjoy the program. So, I went ahead and signed up to try the program and she sent me a coupon for $30.00 off my stay that I had booked. I filled out the form which only required a receipt and my name and date of stay and mailed it off. I got my check back within 10 days for the full amount of $30 which I was very happy with because my one night stay went from costing me $65 for one night to almost half of the price. The coupon is sent to you in an email so you have the ability to use it more than once and I have done so twice for stays of just one night which have cut my hotel costs in half. They also send you a package of coupons for car rentals that will give you 10 % off or two days free when you week a car for a week. With coupons like this you can see that the program pays for itself if you do travel, most of all I loved the $30.00 coupon because it makes it affordable to actually stay for a night when your traveling. I am happy with what I got and also with the quick turn around once I mailed the coupon out. They also gave me a coupon code when I called up and asked if I qualified for any additional discounts. I was able to apply the coupon code that the representative gave me when booking a hotel night which made it even cheaper. I have been a member of this program for just a short while but I must say I am considering staying because the $ 12 fee is a small asking price when your using the coupons that they send you to book cars and the $ 30 discount coupon to slash your hotel stays to half the price. So, if you travel a lot then this program is well worth the keep for what it can offer you because the longer you stay the more coupons you get for hotel stays and meal vouchers. If you do not travel a lot then I suggest you sign up for the program and get the coupon so that you can use it to your advantage but I will probably be keeping this program because it gives you discounts on an extensive network of hotels."

After researching further for your convenience I spoke to Wyndham and they agreed that this program is only through Traveler's Advantage and the gas card is through them. Please let me know if there is any other way I can best support or help you. I know how frustrating it can be. Please do honestly believe me that we are truly here for you. However, this program is not from us it is from Traveler's Advantage.

I apologize many times because we the Days Inn team feel really terrible that you were unable to rectify with us, even though we tried so much.
Please let me know if there is anything else I can personally do for you. I would love to.
Best Regards,

Dave Gandhi, GM

Best Regards,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
  • Korean first
Baltimore, MD
Reviewed 14 August 2011

Hotel is located near major outlet malls. Room was decent. Managers live in house adjacent to hotel. Door did not lock unless slammed. Parking was somewhat limited. Tub had slow drain that took 2 requests & 2 days to resolve. Ice machine was broken. Employees did not keep breakfast area stocked then got uppity when guests tried to find cutlery. If you get a good price then stay here. Otherwise there are lots of other hotels in the area.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
MyGHMhotels, General Manager at Days Inn Lancaster PA Dutch Country, responded to this review, 15 August 2011
Dear verrine,

We want to first thank you so much for the positive feedback you have given us. We truly appreciate it and want to strive even harder to serve you better. Just for thereasons you mentioned we have recently appointed a 24/7 MOD on site to better serve you and your needs. We really apologize that your stay wasn't perfect and we just made Par. We want to make sure we go above and beyond. We will ensure by the next time you stay with us, my hope is we would have exceeded your expectations.
Thanks for your time.
Bainbridge, New York
Reviewed 13 August 2011

We originally booked here because the price was right, we were needing adjoining rooms for extended family, and the location is ideal. But the staff was so great and eager to help that we booked our next family trip here right away!

Dear Kate47267,

We the Days Inn Team at the Dutch Country were very excited to hear that your stay was nothing less than exceptional. We appreciate the positive feedback as it motivates our staff to strive better and better.
They say encouragement will motivate a person for a lifetime.
Thanks and hope to see you soon.
Slippery Rock, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 3 August 2011

This hotel was very nice. Check in was a little slow but staff were very friendly. The continental breakfast was good. The rooms very clean but a little pricey.
We stayed 2 nights and one was free with our Wyndam Points. Probably wouldn't have paid the price for 2 nights.

Linda Harris

Room Tip: There were quite a few steps to get to the second floor so if you can't walk well, ask for the f...
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
Millville, New Jersey
Reviewed 1 August 2011

we stayed here for 5 days with 3 kids and 2 adults. it was very well priced and is in a very good location. it is basically across the street from the rockvale outlets, bird-in-hand is 10-12 minutes and strasburg is 15 minutes. we went to hershey and it took about an hour. it is a no-frills hotel, the rooms have what you need and the hotel workers are very friendly. it has the basic breakfast bar with hot waffles. it is an older hotel with no elevator but it is quiet and safe. i would stay there again.

1 Thank emtstormy
MyGHMhotels, General Manager at Days Inn Lancaster PA Dutch Country, responded to this review, 2 August 2011
Thank You so much for a positive response. We truly appreciate the positive feedback on the cleanliness of our facility. We strive harder day by day to be impeccable at what we do. Responses such as these really motivate our staff in doing an excellent job. We hope to keep moving on up with your help!
Southwest Virginia
Reviewed 30 July 2011

We have stayed there a few times and enjoy this location. The staff is friendly and the rooms have all the ammenities. Even a safe in the rooms. It is in a good location and close to all the sites. It is the best Days Inn I have stayed in so far. Very good price.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
New York
Reviewed 27 July 2011

I thought the rooms were pretty large. We had 2 queen beds and a rollaway. It was a little tight but not bad. Room had a fridge and a microwave. I found the room clean and neat if a little worn. On the plus side - NO BEDBUGS!
I thought that the pillows were a bit uncomfortable but that didn't prevent me from getting a decent's night's sleep.
My one and only real complaint is that the temperature outside was 100 degrees and the hotel didn't have a working ice maker! Good grief, get that thing fixed and pronto!

1 Thank LindaTon
Dear Lindaton,

Dave Gandhi
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ronks
La Quinta Inn & Suites Lancaster
Eastbrook Inn
Eastbrook Inn
#4 of 16 in Ronks
Comfort Inn Lancaster - Rockvale Outlets
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lancaster (Amish Country)
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Lancaster
Fulton Steamboat Inn
Fulton Steamboat Inn
#2 of 39 in Lancaster

Been to Days Inn Lancaster PA Dutch Country? Share your experiences!