“Pleasant surprise”

Ranked #15 of 16 Hotels in Ronks
Baltimore
“Pleasant surprise”
Reviewed 25 September 2011

Needed a place to lay my head between rounds of golf so I was looking for the best "value"(cheap without problems). There are a lot of hotels and motels in the area and found a great deal on the Days Inn Pennsylvania Dutch Country. The location is close enough to all the outlets and restaurants. They only had one of two rooms we booked in the system but we had no problem getting the second room. A call ahead might be advised. The rooms were good; two queen beds with good linens, ref and microwave - both very clean, towels - a mix of better newer ones and older "time to turn into a dust rag" ones, smallish older bathroom but with an ergonomic shower curtain rod, waterpik shower head, and heat lamp.

I've stayed in enough resort area type hotels to know this is by far one of the best kept hotels at this star rating. There are small housekeeping issues like the dryer cord needed a wipe down, a couple cheerios behind the ref, and stains on the floor - it seemed clean just permanently stained. And there seems to be a slight problem with the plumbing, the toilet seemed to kick on every so often but I just closed the door.

The breakfast is cereal, waffles, toast, bagels and fruit. The breakfast area is small and just inside the door so taking breakfast back to the room is most likely the norm.

This is isn't a a five star hotel but is a very good economical hotel.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
  • Korean first
Voorheesville
Reviewed 23 September 2011

This was the only hotel I could prebook on a cross country trip to Wyoming..I got it for $54 and wish we could have stayed all the way over in Hotels such as this one! The experience could have been awful ,as we arrived in a rain storm and wet due to leakage from our roof carrier and I was dreading our first stop as I didn't know the area. The front desk person greeted us cordially and after confirming, sent us off to our room. It was very nice..clean and smelled fresh ( one of my pet peeves, being an exsmoker). Sleep came easily and breakfast was just right. Hotel situated just back off the main road enough to be away from traffic noise and close enough to restaurants and shopping. We will stay here again on next Wyoming trip!!!!

Room Tip: KNow that you will be on a side road and NOT on the main road
Watsontown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 20 September 2011

My wife & I have stayed at this Days Inn a number of times. For us it is very well located. The outlets shops and major restaurants are located within blocks. Longworth Gardens, antique shops and many other tourist places are close by. Our last stay we had our two grand children along after a busy day at a local amusment park. Check in was easy, the room as always was clean and without the smell of chemicals. The four of us had a relaxing night in anticipation for another active day!

Room Tip: Rooms facing south receive early moring sun.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
MyGHMhotels, General Manager at Days Inn Lancaster PA Dutch Country, responded to this review, 16 October 2011
Dear Dennyl236,

Our Team at the Days Inn Dutch Country are extremely excited to read your review and to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We highly promote positive and impeccable cleanliness here at our property and commend our staff for it. We are one of Lancaster's best priced hotels in the best location. Thank you once again for the positive feedback.

Yours in Travel,
Dave Gandhi
Rowlett, Texas
Reviewed 17 September 2011

My husband, son, and I needed somewhere to stay overnight during the Bird-in-Hand "Amish Country Run, Ride, and Soar Festival," in which I was running the 5k Friday evening after our arrival and my husband was running the Half-Marathon EARLY Saturday morning (comfy beds were a MUST). All the Bird-in-Hand accommodations recommended on the event website were way out of reach for our budget, so we looked five minutes away and found this Days Inn to be just what we needed. The staff seemed like one, big, happy family, very pleasant and polite, and the 6 a.m. promised breakfast was actually ready when my husband rose to prepare for his race at 5 a.m.!! Our only reason for not giving a higher rating is that the cleaning seemed as if it was done by the same family members who are running the hotel and are therefore stretched too thin to be thorough. Delightful decor was hampered in leaving the desired first impression by the musty smell of the room, seemingly un-vacuumed floor and less than stellar bathroom (whose door didnt close all the way, but that doesn't bother us, being one big happy family ourselves!). The water pressure was great, but it just wasn't the professional level of clean I expect in any hotel. Great staff, location, and parking, comfy beds, no noise from other guests, definitely a good deal!

1 Thank GMCmommy
Roanoke Va
Reviewed 16 September 2011

Had a reservation for Sept.10th. This was when area was flooding. Called on Sept. 9th to cancel. This was not enough notice and they charged my card anyway. I canceled because the news was advising against unnecessary travel. I called the local emergency center and they advised flooding of roads I would have to use and the river was not to crest until something Sat., the day I was to arrive. I felt it was not necessary to go and potentially get into the public safety workers way. Motel refused to let me cancel, wanting me to travel anyway. Says a lot for what they think of their customers and the local public safety workers.
Called Days Inn coporate and they were going to try and help. Promised a call back but still have not heard form them.

Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank JAD555Roanoke

Travellers are raving about these Ronks hotels

Fort Ashby, West Virginia
Reviewed 15 September 2011

Ice machine broke, wi-fi down, toilet continuously ran,and breaker out for fridge and micro-wave. Anything else!

3 Thank levii
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 21 August 2011

I booked this hotel through the Wyndham Rewards website, and found a deal for what is titled a "$10 Gas Card Package". I was to receive $10 per night (we stayed 3 nights) in gas cards upon check out. Of course when I went to check out, the girl at the front desk said they didn't have gas cards. She called her manager, telling him, yes, it is their hotel and the paperwork indicated that I should received three $10 gas cards upon check out. The manager said they don't have gas cards and he never heard of this. Imagine that... so, who is pocketing the money that is supposed to be given to a Wyndham Rewards remember? Hmmm... Believe all the reviews that tell you to take your paperwork with you and be prepared for a confrontation. Frankly, this hotel is not "up to par" and should not be considered a property for Wyndham Reward members. There was thick dust on the a/c system, and the bathroom was in need of vast improvement. There is a sign attached to the wall in the bathroom indicating, "if the toilet is about to overflow, please turn the knob located to the left of the toilet and then call the office." Are you kidding me? Their hot breakfast is a joke compared to a Wyndham property. There were no coffee cups available the first morning. The woman working there apologized. I called Wyndham, Days Inn, and anyone else I can think of to let them know this place is ripping people off of their "package" deals. My next stop is the Better Business Bureau. I will NEVER stay at this property again and I urge anyone considering staying there to think twice.

3 Thank Biz-e-Momof2
MyGHMhotels, General Manager at Days Inn Lancaster PA Dutch Country, responded to this review, 22 August 2011
Dear notfrequenttravelers,

I'm sincerely very sorry about the inconvenience that was caused to you which led your vacation and your year on a wrong footing. I would love to make it better for you, if given the chance.

I understand it is frustrating that you booked your reservation with assuming to receive a gas card. However, after researching further into this program which was mentioned by Wyndham Worldwide, is truly not by Wyndham Worldwide and is by traveler's advantage. I have attached supporting documents and links to show how to process for your gas card program and how they are not through the hotel. Please see bottom of email for link.
This is also an excerpt I found online for your reference.

"Travelers Advantage is one of the best programs that you could ever join, I frequently travel as I am in a long distance relationship and I found information about this program when I booked a stay at my local [Wyndham Property] and I was contacted by a representative of the company by a chat who told me that she would be willing to give me a discount on the hotel stay that I just booked if I was willing to chat with her and all I had to do was say hi and of course I responded by saying hi and she informed me that my account showed that I would benefit from joining travels advantage and that it could offer me a lot, she said that I had thirty days to enjoy the program without any charge and that if I decided I liked it then I would have to pay just $ 12.00 a month but I would get a lot back in return and enjoy the program. So, I went ahead and signed up to try the program and she sent me a coupon for $30.00 off my stay that I had booked. I filled out the form which only required a receipt and my name and date of stay and mailed it off. I got my check back within 10 days for the full amount of $30 which I was very happy with because my one night stay went from costing me $65 for one night to almost half of the price. The coupon is sent to you in an email so you have the ability to use it more than once and I have done so twice for stays of just one night which have cut my hotel costs in half. They also send you a package of coupons for car rentals that will give you 10 % off or two days free when you week a car for a week. With coupons like this you can see that the program pays for itself if you do travel, most of all I loved the $30.00 coupon because it makes it affordable to actually stay for a night when your traveling. I am happy with what I got and also with the quick turn around once I mailed the coupon out. They also gave me a coupon code when I called up and asked if I qualified for any additional discounts. I was able to apply the coupon code that the representative gave me when booking a hotel night which made it even cheaper. I have been a member of this program for just a short while but I must say I am considering staying because the $ 12 fee is a small asking price when your using the coupons that they send you to book cars and the $ 30 discount coupon to slash your hotel stays to half the price. So, if you travel a lot then this program is well worth the keep for what it can offer you because the longer you stay the more coupons you get for hotel stays and meal vouchers. If you do not travel a lot then I suggest you sign up for the program and get the coupon so that you can use it to your advantage but I will probably be keeping this program because it gives you discounts on an extensive network of hotels."

After researching further for your convenience I spoke to Wyndham and they agreed that this program is only through Traveler's Advantage and the gas card is through them. Please let me know if there is any other way I can best support or help you. I know how frustrating it can be. Please do honestly believe me that we are truly here for you. However, this program is not from us it is from Traveler's Advantage.

I apologize many times because we the Days Inn team feel really terrible that you were unable to rectify with us, even though we tried so much.
Please let me know if there is anything else I can personally do for you. I would love to.
Best Regards,

Dave Gandhi, GM

Best Regards,
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ronks
Comfort Inn Lancaster - Rockvale Outlets
#2 of 39 in Lancaster
Rodeway Inn Amish Country
Rodeway Inn Amish Country
#28 of 39 in Lancaster

Been to Days Inn Lancaster PA Dutch Country? Share your experiences!