“April visit”

Days Inn Lancaster PA Dutch Country
Ranked #16 of 16 Hotels in Ronks

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
  • Korean first
Cleveland Heights, Ohio
Reviewed 7 April 2014

Chose this location because of it's location right in the thick of Amish tourist country. It's within walking distance of the outlet mall, and long walking distance from Good N' Plenty, one of the best places to eat! It's on the east side of Lancaster closer to Bird in Hand and Miller's where everything is. The property was spotless, the staff especially enthusiastic despite some mechanical problems with the laundry equipment which when I got there was causing them to have to shuffle around for early check in (I knew I was early). I'd stay there again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 April 2014

Location to amenities was excellent, not fat from outlets and tourist area. Lots of eateries in walking distance.
Hotel/motel was very clean and no road noise.
Breakfast was basic but there are lots of places to go if you want hot food near by.
Staff were really helpful and friendly.

Warning - I booked via hotelplusportal.com who have a very user unfriendly web site, changed my dates but did not apply this at bottom of booking page. Booking defaulted to their system default days! Call centre staff really rude and only interested in charging €25 to make changes!! They are never wrong and not interested, buyer beware was there attitude!!

Days Inn staff were lovely, really angry how we had been treated and advised they would have amended booking without charge had we contacted them.... Next time ill book direct with Days Inn

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Julie D
Montoursville, United States
Reviewed 31 March 2014

I arrived on a Sunday night. received my key and made my way to side parking lot. Tried to enter building by side door. Took 3 tries with key card before door would open. Entryway inside doorway covered with dirt and leaves. made my way to room. Entry of room was hassle free. Carpet in room was stained and worn. Bathroom was serviceable. Bathroom vent extremely loud and annoying. refrigerator and air conditioner in room OK. Microwave works but most button on front were so worn as to be unreadable. During my weeks stay key card would not work more than one day at a time. first time i went to desk because card wouldn't open side door was told by manager that the side door frequently doesn't work but would work in room door. I walked all the way to the back of hotel and found out card didn't work on room door. had to get card re keyed. did this several times during week. I could here the bathroom vent in other rooms all during my stay. occasionally the pipes when others were using their bathrooms were noisy. Sign in bathroom advises guest not to put anything in toilet or it will cause to overflow and to contact front desk. Obviously problems with plumbing as I saw other rooms being cleaned and vented out by staff.
The worst thing was when i checked out; I requested a receipt and was told no. that since i ordered online that my confirmation email was my receipt was my receipt and they couldn't provide me one for my employer. I contacted Wyndham rewards who i booked through and was told this is untrue. My employer requires a receipt and will not accept my confirmation email.
Last year for work i stayed in Wyndham properties for 75 days and never had any problems.
I am staying in his area for the next 5 months for work and will not patronize this hotel again.
The operators of this hotel obviously do not spend the money to keep up this hotel and i only expect things to get worse here

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

1 Thank Stephen P

Travellers are raving about these Ronks hotels

Youngstown, Ohio
Reviewed 31 March 2014 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel hoping for an affordable stop-over when seeing friends. What I found was quite nice! A very clean room, newer carpet and linens, a very friendly staff, and an overall relaxing experience! If you want to stay in this area but do not want to hear the noise from route 30, this is the place for you! Rockvale outlets, Tanger outlets, Dutch Wonderland, and Amish country are extremely close as well. Highly recommended and affordable!

Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Montoursville
Reviewed 29 March 2014

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Stephen P
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ronks
La Quinta Inn & Suites Lancaster
Fulton Steamboat Inn
#2 of 39 in Lancaster
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,859 reviews
Comfort Inn Lancaster - Rockvale Outlets
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lancaster (Amish Country)
Eden Resort and Suites, BW Premier Collection

Been to Days Inn Lancaster PA Dutch Country? Share your experiences!