“TOO MUCH HYPE”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Upper Darby, Pennsylvania
“TOO MUCH HYPE”
Reviewed 28 August 2012

Really disappointed after hearing from my friends about the food. Seating was good-country style but waited much too long for the preparation. The day we visited, we waited over 40 minutes for barbeque sandwich which was too fatty, cole slaw was warm and way overpriced. We will give it a try one more time hoping it was an off-day for them.

Visited May 2012
1 Thank Lulu S

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Worth the visit!”
Reviewed 22 August 2012

Simple but tasty the BBQ is tangy and the corn fritters and hushpuppies are loved by the kids. The funnel cake with apples on top is always a favorite end to the meal!

Visited August 2012
Richmond, Rhode Island, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Cold awful food”
Reviewed 25 July 2012

The BBQ was cold, the sauce bland. The fries were under cooked and greasy. The tables and cutlery were dirty. Took one bite and threw out the whole meal. A total waste of money. DO NOT GO HERE!

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank Kirsten L
“JAKEYS--NOT REAL AMISH”
Reviewed 9 July 2012

Jakey's isn't really Amish, and the food is basically a version of "Fastfood BBQ." The BBQ we ordered was good, although a little fatty. Don't expect real disheware, and better get used to maneuvering sporks. Overall, the food wasn't bad, but the high prices with a picnic table environment made the meal less enjoyable.

• Visited October 2011
New York City, New York
“The worse.”
Reviewed 3 June 2012

I was lured into this place on the promise that they served great barbecue. I tried their brisket, their pork and their ribs. The brisket was loaded with fat and grizzle the pork was dry and the ribs were small. Everything was covered with the worse sauce I have ever had. Unfortunately I took my food back to our hotel because if I tried to eat it at the restaurant I could have saved myself the cost of another lunch. I ended up throwing everything in the trash. I've eaten Amish food many times and if this is Jakey's idea of barbecue I think he should ask Amos Zook for some help at the grill.

Visited July 2011