“A Great campground”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ronks
Mill Bridge Village & Campresort
Reviewed 28 July 2014

This is a great campgrounds, quiet and clean and they were full. There is a historic covered bridge (although needs some repair) and an old mill and a stream. It is a wooded campgrounds with mostly graveled roads and gravel pads. The road by office and pull thru sites are paved. It is an older campgrounds. We have a 40 foot motorhome and reserved a pull-thru site but when we got there the pull thru sites and the road to them (although paved and wide) was all together so your RV back hung out on the road. The pull thru sites were very close together. They were very accommodating to move us to a back in site. Although this site was vacant because they worked at the campsite and had to leave because of illness (well wishes to them). This site was not be enough to park our tow vehicle but they had us park next to site by building, although if we had to park at office it would have been a short walk and not an issue. They did not have a lights out policy for late night. A couple of 5th wheels had lights on all night but far away from us. I do not know if they had activity for kids as we don't have small kids but the kids that were there were having a good time. I did not check out the restrooms. They have a very friendly and helpful staff, one of the nicest staff I have met and we have stayed at many campgrounds over the years. They would have rated a five star if they had better sites for pull thru RVs especially bigger rigs. We would stay here again if we can get the same site. Our voltage meter read low but had enough power to run air conditioners as it was hot and humid. Didn't have any problems with power. We were backed up next to building so couldn't get satellite signal but they had cable (limited channels). They charge extra for pull thru sites and 50 amp service but their base rate is lower so by the time you add it all up they are basically at the going rate of other campgrounds in the area. We dont' mind paying extra for 50 amps, in fact, it only seems fair to do so. They are close to a lot of attractions for Lancaster area. Very peaceful campgrounds. Can't say enough good stuff about the staff.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank RVonthemove

Reviewed 10 July 2014

My wife and I rented our cabin months in advance and we were looking forward to a nice vacation in Amish Country. We rented the cabin for Monday thru Friday, but left Thursday even though we had already paid for Friday. When we first got to check into the cabin the woman at the counter was not very pleasant to deal with. She had a "whatever" attitude towards me and the other two people in the store. I shrugged it off figuring maybe I caught her at a bad time or perhaps she was busy. When my wife and I unpacked our bags everything looked so nice and cozy. We soon noticed quite a few ants on the kitchen counter. I've gone camping, both in a cabin and in a motorhome, so I do understand some ants. However I killed upwards of 70-80 ants in our cabin for our short stay. By the time we left the ants had worked their way into the bathroom as well. When I told the management about the ants they said they knew about it and figured they were going to spray after we left anyway, they didn't seem to care at all.
For our first night sleeping there my wife and I went to sleep on the full sized bed in the bedroom. We had one of the worst nights of sleep we have ever had. The mattress was not too bad, however the box spring was so noisy that we both woke up if either one of us would move even a little bit. The following night we figured since neither of us got a good nights rest on the bed we were going to try the pull out bed from the sofa. The mattress on the pull out sofa was so thin that we could both feel the metal bars running right through our backs and got another horrible night of sleep. We also parked our car right in front of our cabin on the paved parking spot, the woman from the store woke us up in early morning to tell us to move our car because it was not where it was supposed to be. I asked her where she wanted it and she said in the grass somewhere but not there.
Now for some other things. They have advertised that they have a game room, try lack there of. They had three games, one being out of order. You shouldn't advertise that you have a game room if you really have no intention of having any games in it. They also had advertised their activities during the day, none of which took place.
As other reviews have stated, the campground is very cramped. I know we only stayed in a cabin, but we usually stay in a 40' diesel pusher. The campground is basically too small for this. The only place they were putting motorhomes that large was in the parking lot. The other sites were just very small and on top of each other.
We left a day early because we just couldn't wait to go home.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Timothy F
MillBridge, Owner at Mill Bridge Village & Campresort, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2014

Mr Timothy F,

Thank you for taking the time to write a thoughtful account of your experience at Mill Bridge.
We strive to handle all complaints in a quick manner.

Unfortunately, you noticed ants on your first day in our cabin rental. I can assure you that if we were made aware of this immediately, we would have gladly worked on the problem. I find it odd that you did not report the issue to the office until the day you were leaving. The cabins were treated by a professional pest control company the day after you notified us.
I like to tell folks that “the great outdoors” tends to keep us on our toes and are much different than staying in a hotel.

As far as the other issues you mentioned, we can only fix them if we are made aware of them.

The box spring will be replaced; the mattress in the sofa bed will be changed also. We have two brand new ones on site that we could have used as a replacement, if we were notified that there was a problem.

The movement of the car was for the purpose of allowing another customer access to their parking spot. At the time of the discussion, our staff was told that it wasn’t a problem and was not aware that you minded moving your car. Parking on the grass is a common occurrence in campgrounds and is often expected.

Our game room has 3 video game machines, a pool table, and a ping pong table. The game that was not working was waiting to be replaced by the vendor and has indeed been replaced. All repairs on the machines are handled by the vendor that owns the machines.

Of our 94 campsites, 28 full hook-up sites and 9 electric/water sites will accommodate an RV of at least 40’, some are even larger. Eight of those sites are on the paved parking area with 50 amp full hook-ups and are often requested because of the ease of parking and good satellite reception.

We are not a large campground; however we are in a prime location only ½ mile from Rt. 30 and attempt to accommodate a wide variety of campers. If there is ever a problem, we do our best to make it right, if we are notified of the problem as soon as it occurs.

We wish you the best in your future camping and hope that you realize that camping is not the same as a 5 star hotel, and things are bound to go wrong every once in a while. When we are made aware, we can make them right. Thanks again for bringing these issues to our attention.

Mill Bridge Camp Resort Management

Reviewed 28 June 2014

Great campground with very friendly staff. Plenty to do and see in the area. We will stop there when ever we travel that way. PA Amish country is very beautiful, great place for antiques and amish handcrafted wood working.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

We have been staying at Mill Bridge Village Campresort for 7 years. We like renting a cabin .They have all the convenience of home which comes in handy with small children. My older children love the pool and activities the campground has. They have a nice playground and room for kids to ride bikes. It is clean and staff is friendly. My girls look forward to going here every year. This last visit they even met up with a child they had played with there 2 years ago. They were so excited. The campground is near the outlets, Amish farmlands and stand, sight and sound theater abd Stasburg Railroad. So you wont get bored. A weekend is never long enough.

• Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed 12 March 2014

This is a nice campground. It is close to Amish Country; in fact, right in the middle of it. Families seem to love it here and come back year after year. The sites are pretty level. The campsites by the creek are great. There are a few sites out in the front that are on the pavement, otherwise there are no paved sites. It has a nice heated pool, but otherwise, not a ton of kids activities. If you are visiting Amish Country, you won't have time to do activities at the campground anyway.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank karinjakemaggie
Reviewed 17 November 2013

This campground is beautiful. The playground is great for my nieces and nephews. My family and I love the sites that back up to the stream and also enjoy watching the horse and buggies going by. We have camped at other campgrounds in the past, but this is the one we have been faithful to for the last 5 yrs. It is close to all area attractions and shopping.

Room Tip: Book early in season, as sites fill up fast in the first couple weeks of November.