Hershey Farm Inn
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$99
US$82
US$78
Red Carpet Inn(Ronks)(Great Value!)
US$62
US$58
Cherry Lane Motor Inn(Ronks)(Great Value!)
US$56
US$77
US$61
Travelocity
1,271 results
All reviewscarriage housewhoopie pieswalking trailsbreakfast buffetsight and sound theaterthe main hotelgift shophardwood floorsomeletbeautiful groundsoutdoor poollancaster countygreat place to staypetting zoosights and soundsamish countryno elevator
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 25 April 2014

We are a family of five, two adults, three kids. We stayed here on Easter Sunday heading home after a trip to Hershey Park. I booked directly over the phone and then the day before arrival I was checking the prices online and noticed they were about $20 cheaper than when I booked. I called to see if they could cancel my reservation for me to make a new one at the lower price online. The woman I spoke with said to make the reservation online and she would adjust the price. I appreciate her help and had no problems at check-in. Driving up to the location I will say that I was a little shocked. The website designer is a genius because the entire website makes it seems as though Hershey Farm Inn is ultra modern...with not one picture that gives a true view of what you see when entering. From the outside all of the buildings look old. The Inn has a sign that says "Motel" outside of it. I am not one to judge things entirely from the outside, but I don't like being deceived by websites either. We were able to check in early which was nice. Rooms are indeed updated, but the bathrooms need work. The tub needs some good old fashioned hand scrubbing to it because it looked filthy. Either that or it needs the bottom to be resurfaced. There is a nice playground outside the Inn that the kids loved and the surroundings are serene and peaceful.

We had planned on eating dinner at the restaurant, so ventured down to check it out. The place was packed for lunch and I asked the hostess if we could make a reservation for dinner later that night. She looked at her book and told me that she did not have any seating at all for that night. One of the main reasons we stayed at the Inn was the attraction of having the restaurant right there. Considering it was Easter Sunday, I suppose that is understandable, but it would have been nice to know before we booked. I would have expected most brunch places to be booked, but would not have expected this restaurant to be booked for dinner. I at least would have expected that they would anticipate the Inn guests eating there and accounted for.

Later in the afternoon, I ventured down again to check out the bakery that is touted on the website. I asked the lady at the cashier desk on the left where the bakery was located and she said, "Right there," and pointed to a table as you enter the front door. Ok, once again the website designer is brilliant. I expected a bakery...with fresh items being made and displayed through the day. I did not expect a table of wrapped baked goods, most of which by hand testing were not fresh. The website says, "Stop by our bakery..." and "Our bakery is overflowing with the savory scents..." and "Visit the Bakery at Hershey Farm." All things that might make one assume that there is an actual bakery with fresh made items, not plastic wrapped goods displayed on a table. While I was there perusing the items, a party of three walked into the restaurant for dinner. They told the hostess they did not have a reservation and she said she will see what she can do. Not too long after that, they were seated. Needless to say, I was certainly miffed considering I was told earlier that there was no seating left for dinner.

I knew ahead of time that we would not have breakfast upon check out because the restaurant was closed on Mondays. The Inn offered white and wheat bread with jellies, several pastries, juice, cereal and apples and oranges. I know most hotels do not have free breakfast, but I will say this - there are a ton of farm inns in the area that do not offer a full breakfast on Sundays...but they do give you a voucher for a local restaurant on those days. Something Hershey Inn might want to consider since the full breakfast buffet is included with the room rate on every other day of the week to Inn guests.

Overall, our stay was average. I don't know that I would consider staying again considering the disappointments we encountered.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
hersheyfarmmgr, Manager at Hershey Farm Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing about your experience at Hershey Farm over Easter. We value any feedback we receive and view it as an opportunity to address areas of need and better the overall experience for our guests.

I was disappointed to read about the negatives experiences you had while you were here, particularly the impression you got upon arrival and the cleanliness of the bath tub. I am looking into options right away to see what we can do for the finish of the tub. I will also share your feedback with the restaurant's leadership so they can address their team.

Our leadership is in the process of addressing some of the bigger issues that you noted with a renovation, focusing on the exterior of some our buildings and really taking our property to the next level, both aesthetically and functionally. Although this does not impact your stay, I want you to know that this feedback helps confirm the need to improve those areas, coming directly from the people that matter most, you, our guests.

I hope you would consider staying with us again and if I can be of any assistance to you, please reach out to me directly.

Reviewed 24 April 2014

Our family has been traveling to the Lancaster area for years. We love this hotel now that the rooms have been renovated.It is very quiet and clean. The rates are very reasonable. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: The renovated rooms are located in the same building as the lobby.

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your patronage to Hershey Farm and for sharing about your experience with others, especially about our renovated rooms. We value any feedback we receive and view it as an opportunity to address areas of need and better the overall experience for our guests.

We look forward to your "return home" to Hershey Farm and thank you again for sharing about your trip. Our guests are what make our Inn a special place.

Reviewed 21 April 2014

A couple of days before we checked in, we were informed that they had some problem getting us the rooms that we had originally booked and they upgraded us to suites instead!

The staff are very friendly and warm.

Brteakfast was just fantastic.

Great place to stay. We highly recommend it. Literally a 5 minute walk or so to the Sight & Sound theatre. In fact it was righ in our back yard (from where our room was).

Thank thecrabnebula .

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your patronage to Hershey Farm and for sharing about your experience with others, especially about our staff. We value any feedback we receive and view it as an opportunity to address areas of need and better the overall experience for our guests.

I also happy to read that you were able to experience one of our upgraded rooms while you were here and that you enjoyed breakfast.

Reviewed 19 April 2014

Drove 2 1/2 hours for a weekend getaway only to find out that Hershey Farm was full and did not honor our reservation. They call other hotels and wanted me to pick up the tab for the move. The other hotel they called were either booked or more than double the price. I had originally booked a smaller room but changed to a larger room. Somehow they canceled my reservation for the first night for both rooms. They showed me the paper work but it clearly showed I had a 2 night reservation. They got less and less friendly when I refused to pay double at places they were trying to send me. They finally found a smaller room for us. IF YOU MAKE A RESERVATION ONLINE CALL AND CONFIRM IT. THEY DO NOT TAKE ANY RESPONSIBLY FOR THEIR MISTAKES!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JAWheaton
hersheyfarmmgr, Manager at Hershey Farm Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing The Inn at Hershey Farm for your weekend getaway and for sharing your feedback in regards to your booking experience.

I again wanted to extend my apologies for the confusion about your reservation. Per our in person conversation on both Friday and Saturday, we were missing some information from the Third Party Booking Agency, used to secure your booking, in regards to your reservation for Friday night. I was delighted to have been able to get you a room at our property after numerous phone calls to other hotel looking for availability.

You had noted that you will return and we look forward to that time. If you decide to use a third party for your booking, please know that you can always follow up with myself or staff directly to ensure the reservation is correct. We will also continue to work with the Third Party Booking Agencies to better the communication about reservation changes and modifications.

If I can be of any further assistance, please reach out to me directly at 800-827-8635, ext. 725 or via email at jeffg@hersheyfarm.com.

Jeff Goodrich

Reviewed 16 April 2014

We've been here a couple of times and were very pleased each time. It's a quiet, clean place to stay with nice pond and petting zoo. Their restaurant's breakfast and dinners had great food. Everyone was friendly and accommodating. We could walk the short trail to Sight and Sound Theaters. Close to many things to see.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your patronage to Hershey Farm and for sharing about your stay with others, especially about our restaurant. We value any feedback we receive about the experiences of our guests.

I was also happy to read that you got a chance to experience the property surrounding the Inn and the petting zoo. The animals are also very happy that Spring is here and they can be out "entertaining" our guests.