“The worst dump I have ever stayed in.”
Review of Lancaster Motel

Lancaster Motel
Lancaster Motel
Ranked #3 of 4 Ronks B&B and Inns
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Save your money and stay somewhere else. The room reaked of smoke and this was a non smoking roo. Carpets were completely black with dirt, headboards wre falling off beds. Bathroom had mold and mildew on tub and floor. All the furniture was in bad shape. Paint was pealing off door frames. I wrote a complaint letter to my booking agent why I was still there, and they contacted the owner of the hotel. His response was that we should of said something why we were there. We did threw our agent. Very very poor customer relations on his part. The electrical wiring is not legal running microwave off of extension cord, fire hazard looking to happen. Owner seems like he could care less, he just wants the money.

Room Tip: Drive by it don't waste your money
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Don E

Reviewed 6 September 2013

I came down to Lancaster by myself and thought I would just stay in a motel room. I did not expect much but that room was disgusting.The carpet was so stained, I did not want to walk on it without shoes. The owner said the carpet had been cleaned about two months ago. The smell was terrible. As I had already paid for three nights, I thought I could endure it. I put my belongings in the room and quickly went to Walmart and bought an air freshener. After I paid for the room, I found out that there was a man living in the next room that they were trying to get rid of and he would probably bug me for cigarettes. I did tell them that the plugs in the bathroom were not working, and to the owners defence, he came right away and repaired it. I went out then to explore the area but the more I thought about the room, the more depressed I was. Upon my return, I told them that I would stay one night only and requested a refund. The owner was not pleased. They did offer me another room but after seeing the "bum" living next door, I did not feel comfortable in the next room to this man. I then went out and got another motel room and went back and left without even staying the one night. Although my belongings were only in the room for a few hours they charged me $157.47 for two nights. The owner said he wanted to charge me the whole three nights when I told him I would give him a bad review and he stated that he was being nice by charging me only two nights. I am monitoring my credit card and will get in touch with booking.com again to sort this out. The only good thing about the motel was their front desk manager named Donna. She was great to talk to and you could tell she was a very hard working person. The owner had better keep her as I think she has alot more business sense and personality than him.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
4  Thank tailing
Reviewed 24 June 2013

This is a small privately owned motel. It's very basic, but the rooms are clean and tidy as advertised and they are pet friendly. The rooms are air conditioned and they have wireless internet. Yes, it needs some TLC, but if you're on a budget, it will work nicely for you and you won't be paying $150 - $200 for a place to sleep. The young lady in the office was very friendly and helpful. She answered all of our questions and was quite accommodating. The soda machine is still broken, however, they sell cold sodas for a very reasonable price, (much cheaper than from a machine.). They serve coffee and pastries in the morning. As someone wrote, it is close to the highway, but it was not noisy; I slept like a baby! The motel is a little over one mile from some outstanding restaurants and attractions.

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper ask for room #12, it's the farthest from the highway. Didn't noti...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank CapeMayPuffin
Reviewed 20 August 2012

We decided to go on a last minute trip to Amish county so I was excited when we were able to get a room since most places were booked. The front desk person Donna was very nice even though we got there really late. The room was clean and all appliances worked. It was also quiet. The room got cleaned when we left and came back. I will definitely come back.

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank Peacelovingmom
Reviewed 19 August 2012 via mobile

Another dump in Lancaster / Ronks ! Scary as.all hell! Manager was very nice! Hotel was run down and dirty. Huge black buckling mess on ceiling. 1 Window view of side of motel...view of a broken soda machine and a dirty broken air conditioner on the ground. This is right on Lincoln highway so dont expect any sleep due to trucks and motorcycles all night long..dusty mess. vents were encrusted.with filth..a bug ran out from the on wall bottle opener. Ashtray outside hasnt been emptied in a while....mattresses were.old uncomfortable and filthy. this place got nothing on the Bates Motel! Run for your life. The pictures they show are nothing like this dump...I was told owner hardly checks on his properties. It was my anniversary weekend.I was so disappointed and grossed out. At $100.00 per night. I would of been better off in my car...couldnt get another place because I had my small pet with me! manager on phone told me when I booked " you're gonna love it" What a crock of .......

• Stayed: August 2012
3  Thank Donna1954069
Reviewed 7 September 2010

The Lancaster Motel is an older 12 room road side motel located on busy Rt 30 in the heart of the Lancaster dutch amish farmlands. The property faces farms and cornfields.Even though it is on a busy highway you can still get a feel of the beatiful countryside. The motel has comfortable seating in front of the rooms so you can sit out and enjoy the fresh country air and views. The rooms are of the older type but very clean. The beds and pillows are very comfortable,the bathroom is very large with a great working tub-shower combo. The room also has a great working T.V and wifi. The pricing is very affordable at about $54.00 per night. To me the old road side motel has an ambiance about it that you can not find at the bigger chain properties. If in the area give the Lancaster Motel a try

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled on business
8  Thank amishboy
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ronks
Scottish Inns Ronks
Fulton Steamboat Inn
Fulton Steamboat Inn
#1 of 40 in Lancaster
Weathervane Motor Court

Been to Lancaster Motel? Share your experiences!