“Wonderful Little Diner”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Reviewed 21 April 2014

This place is so quaint and perfect. Everyone on staff were so friendly and kind. Food was reasonable and delicious!

1  Thank tlc2ny

Reviewed 5 March 2014

Cute little local restaurant serving PA Dutch food. The sandwich are always good no matter what you have. Service is always good and served with a smile. Very clean place.

Reviewed 5 March 2014

Food is very good & owners/staff are very friendly. Owned by Amish & all staff Amish so if you want to meet any Amish on your vacation - go there.

Reviewed 1 February 2014

Let me start by saying that my husband & I visit the Amish country quite often. We have our travel trailer in storage in that area so we go back W/S/S&F. If you've ever read any of my reviews you will see that I try to be fair so I will be fair about Katie's also even though it was very disappointing. I am very (very) surprised that this place is in the top 5. I feel it should rank about 50-75 of all restaurants in that area. I made my husband stop there after reading the reviews promising a great meal. What we found was just OK. There are so many places (and reasonably priced) in the area. The place is a little run down and the service wasn't as stellar as others have commented. I guess it depends what kind of service you're used to. We placed our order and within a few minutes the waitress brought out the famous dinner rolls, you know the ones everyone raves about on their reviews. There were 3 of us but we only received 2 rolls. I guess the waitress could tell by the look on our faces that we couldn't understand why there were only 2 rolls. She very quickly made a point of telling us that only 2 of us got rolls because we ordered platters and my husband got a sandwich. Really? They couldn't give us an extra roll? What would that have set them back? 10 cents? It was just tacky, I hate going to places where they nickel and dime everything. I offered to split my roll with my husband but I guess he thought it was so ridiculous that he didn't even want it. In the end I told him they weren't worth it anyway. There was NOTHING special about them. Moving on to our meals. My daughter had fried chicken which she enjoyed, my husband had a chicken sandwich which said was OK. And I had the roast beef, again just OK. These meals did not deserve a 5 star rating. You would think with that rating at least 1 of us would rave about our food! And BTW; I did try the Cheeseburger soup which was good( albeit a little on the salty side). I should have just had that as my meal. We did not have dessert. We were so disappointed with our dinner that we just wanted to leave (and never come back). Look I am one of these people that when I read reviews and see a ton of 5 star reviews and a few 1-2 stars I will be the first to say that you can't make everyone happy so I am always willing to give it a try. But with all the other "Homemade" Amish restaurants this one is not worth the stop. Jennie's Diner and Dienner's are far better with much better service and reasonable prices. Both places are clean and they don't nickel & dime you and both are very accommodating. Katie's is great if you're a "local" and you want to take your kids out after softball or soccer (they serve cheese steak, burgers, hot dogs, ice cream, etc). It's not a a place for people staying in the area looking for good Amish cooking no matter what the other reviewers say.

5  Thank vacationgirl62
Reviewed 13 January 2014

Lovely little local restaurant serving PA Dutch and homemade specialties. We have visited this restaurant twice and have found to be delicious and delightful both times.

I enjoyed the hot roast beef sandwich which was excellent! Where do you get fresh mashed potatoes, roast beef sandwich served open face and a fresh dinner roll that is out of this world! Did I mention that the roll is served with butter and the most delicious whipped peanut butter sensation that you have ever tasted?

Service is outstanding!