The long version: This is the place you want to stay if you're visiting Amish Country/ the outlets/ Dutch Wonderland.
Let's start with the location. La Quinta is very well located. It's on the same street as both the Sight and Sound Theater and Good and Plenty Restaurant, almost midway between them. It's around the corner from Rte 30, which contains both Rockvale and Tanger outlet malls as well as Dutch Wonderland, And it's one easy turn to Rte.340, which takes you to Amish shops and stores, the Quilting museum and the Canning Company. Getting around was incredibly easy with La Quinta as our home base.
Now let's talk the hotel itself. It's incredibly clean ;you would NEVER guess that it's pet friendly. The free breakfast is hearty and varied: everything from make-your-own waffles to cereal to hard boiled eggs to bisquits in gravy to bagels you can toast. Hot coffee is available 24/7 if you choose not to use the coffeemaker in your room.
Our room was neat and clean. The beds are a bit high; a little bit of an issue for my 84 year old mom, but not a big deal. The TV was large, the fridge was working (didn't test the microwave.) The blackout curtains kept the room dark at night, and we didn't hear a sound from any of our neighbors.
We did use the pool and hot tub one afternoon (mom's legs couldn't take any more shopping.) We found it delightful. There were towels at the pool for us to use. While we didn't need it, there was a ramp down to the pool area as well as a chair that could lower someone with disabilities into the water. Note: there is no lifeguard on duty, and you need your room key to get you into the pool area.
In short, if we return to Lancaster, this is a no-brainer; we're staying at La Quinta.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The La Quinta Inn & Suites is located in the heart of PA Dutch Country in Lancaster, Pennsylvania. As you wake up in the morning, be sure to take a stroll outside and enjoy the peaceful view of our Amish neighbor's farm as he works the fields with his team of mules. We are conveniently located within a short drive of Sight & Sound Theatre, American Music Theatre, Tanger Outlets, Dutch Wonderland and the Amish countryside. Be sure to enjoy Lancaster County's delicious local cuisine at any one of the area's fantastic restaurants such as Miller's Smorgasbord, Plain & Fancy, Good & Plenty and Hershey Farms Restaurant. Rockvale Outlets is within view of our property featuring hundreds of name brand outlet stores and chain restaurants. We invite you stay at the La Quinta Inn & Suites and enjoy all that the PA Dutch Country has to offer! We hope to see you soon! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LaQuinta, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your La Quinta Inn & Suites Lancaster reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Quinta Inn And Suites Lancaster
- La Quinta Inn & Suites Lancaster Hotel Ronks
- La Quinta Inn & Suites Lancaster Lancaster County, PA - Ronks