“Short version: stay here!!!”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Lancaster
Ranked #2 of 16 Hotels in Ronks
Reviewed 12 May 2013

The long version: This is the place you want to stay if you're visiting Amish Country/ the outlets/ Dutch Wonderland.

Let's start with the location. La Quinta is very well located. It's on the same street as both the Sight and Sound Theater and Good and Plenty Restaurant, almost midway between them. It's around the corner from Rte 30, which contains both Rockvale and Tanger outlet malls as well as Dutch Wonderland, And it's one easy turn to Rte.340, which takes you to Amish shops and stores, the Quilting museum and the Canning Company. Getting around was incredibly easy with La Quinta as our home base.

Now let's talk the hotel itself. It's incredibly clean ;you would NEVER guess that it's pet friendly. The free breakfast is hearty and varied: everything from make-your-own waffles to cereal to hard boiled eggs to bisquits in gravy to bagels you can toast. Hot coffee is available 24/7 if you choose not to use the coffeemaker in your room.

Our room was neat and clean. The beds are a bit high; a little bit of an issue for my 84 year old mom, but not a big deal. The TV was large, the fridge was working (didn't test the microwave.) The blackout curtains kept the room dark at night, and we didn't hear a sound from any of our neighbors.

We did use the pool and hot tub one afternoon (mom's legs couldn't take any more shopping.) We found it delightful. There were towels at the pool for us to use. While we didn't need it, there was a ramp down to the pool area as well as a chair that could lower someone with disabilities into the water. Note: there is no lifeguard on duty, and you need your room key to get you into the pool area.

In short, if we return to Lancaster, this is a no-brainer; we're staying at La Quinta.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 10 May 2013

I stayed here with my husband and 2 small children and we enjoyed our stay very much. The staff was very pleasant and the entire hotel was very clean. The beds were comfortable and soft, and having a microwave and fridge in the the room made our stay less complicated with the little ones.
We had a blast playing in the pool so much it was hard trying to get the kids out. There was even a small outdoor seating area adjacent to the pool room where we just sat and took in a little sun after pool time. Breakfast was nicely organized and had a decent variety. The boys liked looking out at the farmland next to the parking lot.... You really get a nose full of farm life from time to time! The location of the hotel was ideal , close to everything we had planned to do ...miniature golf, sight n sound, miller's..etc . We enjoyed the hotel and are looking forward to our next stay.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 May 2013

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Reviewed 25 April 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights on a family trip. Love this place... very clean. Pool was great! Fitness room on premises. Room was clean, tidy and comfortable. The whole family loved the place and we stay there each time we go to Lancaster, PA.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
1  Thank A La Quinta traveler
Reviewed 15 April 2013

Very pleasantly surprised by the helpfulness of the staff, the decor and comfort of our room and the price we paid for it. Our room was on the first floor, right by the exit which made handling my dogs in and out of the building a snap. The beds were large, comfortable, the heat/ac unit quiet, the bathrooms sparkling clean. Breakfast was very good, and though we were not there long enough to use the pool and exercise room, I did take the opportunity to check them out and both looked inviting. I'll be certain next time I'm in the Lancaster area to leave enough time to make use of both.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank seamimr
Reviewed 8 April 2013

I reserved this room on the premise that I'd be bringing our medium-to-large sized dog with us on the stay. Those plans, however, changed when we realized we'd have to plan our entire trip around the dog. So, boarding the pooch was our only option. Well, we decided to go forward with our stay here even though we didn't really need to choose a hotel with a pet acceptance policy.
Never having stayed at a La Quinta before, I wasn't sure what to expect. I figured it would be on the same level as our usual standby when traveling with a pet-the ever reliable Red Roof Inn chain. Overall, La Quinta not only met but exceeded my expectations in terms of cleanliness and overall room decor. I was very pleased with the fact that the room had double king sized beds, a flat screen tv, and both a fridge and microwave. The bed was quite cozy and yes-clean! I was also very happy with the shower/tub--sparkling clean and large. So for the price and location (yes, this hotel is located on a main "drag" that features other chain hotels as well as small local motel/hotels), I was pleasantly surprised and would definitely recommend this hotel for a one or two night stay in the Amish country.
My only complaints...well, we were given a room on the main or ground level very close to the pool, vending, ice machine. In hindsight, I suppose we could have asked for a room on a higher floor, but having just had a Mai Tai at a local restaurant, I was feeling a bit adventurous. Blech. Next time, I'll get a room on the rooftop if I can.
After doing the Strasburg wine and cheese train tour, which I will review separately, we returned to our room with the intention of taking advantage of the jacuzzi or even the pool. Though we had no swimwear, a quick trip to Walmart fixed that dilemma and we were soon outfitted with our new swim gear and ready to take full advantage of the amenities. Lo and behold, immediately upon changing into our suits, we headed for the pool area and were greeted by the unmistakeable cries of kids and adults slopping around in the chlorinated, hot water. Once we discovered that the pool area was unattainable, we trudged back to the room and changed out of our clothing and decided to stay in the rest of the night. No sooner were we in the room, relaxed and watching the flat screen, when I was surprised by the sound I can only describe as a mini-explosion. After a few seconds I realized that our room was situated about 5 rooms down from the ice machine!
From about 10pm to sometime around 3am, the ice machine would make an ungodly earth shattering clatter that rendered sleep an impossibility-at least for myself. I recommend that if you do decide to stay here, get a room on an upper level and away from the parking lot!

Room Tip: Upper level away from the lot and pool, vending and ice machines. Ugh! You won't sleep unless yo...