“My home away from home”

Ranked #3 of 16 Hotels in Ronks
Greenlawn, New York
“My home away from home”
Reviewed 24 February 2014

I watched over the months as the new La Quinta was being built from the ground up. I hoped it would be as beautiful as the one in Gettysburg. When completed, I booked it right away. What can I say?
Clean, nicely decorated lobby and rooms,wonderful varied breakfasts,helpful and neatly dressed and friendly people who work there make this my home away from home. The pool was incredible! Yes, the hotel is pet friendly, but the pets are basically quiet (better behaved than some guests!) The management strives to maintain the highest standards and will intervene to keep the hotel quiet. This hotel is the cleanest I have seen and I have stayed at every hotel on route 30! (Some have been taken over 3 times and some are now demolished!) I usually stay 2-4 days once a month with my family. I use a handicapped room, but I would ask for the room with the roll in shower. This hotel is reasonably priced and I can use AAA. I also rack up the rewards points and can use them at any La Quinta. The elevators are well situated as well as the location.
ZZZZZ well at the La Quinta!

Room Tip: Higher floors are less noisy.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank LINNIELEE

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 23 February 2014

Recently retired, 1st LaQuinta stay, from the booking experience, follow up email reminder of reservation, to the friendly and professional staff, beautifully decorated and clean room, sparkling pool and premises to the free complimentary breakfast, a WOW, 10 plus experience and excellent value for the money, would highly recommend this facility and La Quinta.

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 18 February 2014

I booked this hotel because the pictures looked so charming, and the reviews were great. First the good. The room was very nice and had some nice amenities. The breakfast was also nice for a budget hotel. Now for the not so nice side. What is not apparent when you book this hotel is that it is pet friendly. What that really means is some less than well behaved dogs running around. And if you are allergic, you’re going to be miserable as I was. They offered to put me in another hotel, but I decided to roll the dice, so that one’s on me. But as nice as the photos are, this is basically a Holiday Inn. The pool is the size of a postage stamp, and the (dog owning) clientele leave a bit to be desired. Exiting the hotel one morning I found dog puck directly in front of the door. Aside from it being extremely disgusting, the dog owner never even reported it to get it cleaned up – I did. At breakfast in this place some people think they are at home and that it’s perfectly ok to come down in your bathrobe and bare feet – again, disgusting. Whatever happened to “no shirt, no shoes, no service”? On the next day we left the room and returned at dinner time. Through no fault of mine our room was not made up. I called the desk and there was nothing they could do. This hotel has exactly ONE person in it from 3pm on. If you have any problem after that you are out of luck. I dragged my kids downstairs and picked up trash bags and clean towels. Here I was in a $175 hotel suite making the beds, putting up clean towels, and taking out the trash. I thought it was a bad joke. I left a message with the GM and never even got a return phone call. If you have to bring your dog on vacation this place might be fine. Otherwise, while the place is fairly new it seems fairly nice, but give it a few years and it could be a dump. Don't be fooled by the pictures. If you get a cheap rate, fine. But to think I booked an expensive suite here -- I feel duped.

Room Tip: Top floor seemed good.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank JRRF
Reviewed 17 February 2014

this hotel was great. i went for valentine's weekend and i loved it. the area is great. room service great. the check in and check out was very good. i recommend this hotel and will soon go back. people are very friendly.

Englewood, Florida
Reviewed 15 February 2014

We take a couple of trips a year to Lancaster PA and so far LaQuinta was superb not only was it clean but very good location as well,center of everywhere we visit while there,we are able to bring our little dog also,again it was so clean for being pet friendly,will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 10 February 2014

My husband and I traveled with our 80 pound Labrador to the Lancaster Area for a weekend visit with family. The hotel was very convenient to all areas - shopping, restaurants and of course our family in both the Centerville and Honey Brooke area. The rooms were very clean and well maintained. The shower and bathroom were also clean with great water pressure. Staff was very accommodating. I would definitely stay there again.

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ronks
Eden Resort and Suites, BW Premier Collection
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lancaster (Amish Country)
Fulton Steamboat Inn
Fulton Steamboat Inn
#2 of 39 in Lancaster
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Lancaster
Comfort Inn Lancaster - Rockvale Outlets
Comfort Suites Amish Country
Comfort Suites Amish Country
#14 of 39 in Lancaster

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Lancaster? Share your experiences!