“Good Hotel, Good Location, Accepts AARP discount”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Lancaster
Ranked #3 of 16 Hotels in Ronks
Colonia, New Jersey
“Good Hotel, Good Location, Accepts AARP discount”
Reviewed 10 August 2014

This was my first stay at this hotel. I love the text when the room is ready feature. We got to Lancaster earlier than expected and did a few activities until the text came through. Check in was very quick. The room was clean. The pool area was clean. It can be a bit slippery when wet so would recommend water shoes for the kids. It was a quick ride to the main attractions in the area.

1 Thank Roseann_F

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
New York
Reviewed 10 August 2014

The hotel is newer, so it's in good shape, and it was kept very clean.
Room was kept clean each day of our stay.
The included breakfast could have a little more choices, there was a waffle machine. It also had gravy for biscuits and gravy as well as oatmeal, and hard boiled eggs, english muffins, etc,. I have been in cheaper hotels which at least provided Scrambled eggs and bacon, but nonetheless. It was not bad. The room it's served in is way too small considering the size of the hotel, so it was never easy to get a table.
The indoor pool also got quite crowded at peak times, and also is probably a little small for the hotel, but nice just the same, and clean. The floor is very slippery. Considering it's a new hotel, I am surprised they didn't get a better choice for floor tiles, as several people had a near falls.
The mattress in the room was very comfortable.
A really nice hotel and a great experience, and would definitely return.

Martinsburg
Reviewed 7 August 2014

This hotel appeared to be brand new. Everything was nice and clean with very up to date decor. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful: and, the hotel is located right in the heart of Pennsylvania Dutch Country, making it perfect for leisure travelers. Since I only got coffee in the mornings from the breakfast bar, I can't really comment on it other than to say it appeared to be more than sufficient. I would highly recommend this hotel for vacationers headed to PA Dutch Country!

NOTTINGHAM
Reviewed 7 August 2014

Based on previous stays at this hotel, we were generally satisfied, however our most recent stay proved the opposite - unfriendly service/poor amentities/tv issues/no eating materials/utensils left out out after breakfast/lack of breakfast options/cleanliness also suffered (odor)/loudness/noisy

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

Kenbridge, Virginia
Reviewed 5 August 2014

I loved the locations there is lots of shopping, restaurants and activities to do nearby. The hotel is clean and does allow pets. If you walk outside, there is a lovely farm to the right that can present a great photo opportunity for those who want to give the "feel" of the area. Also, there is a continental breakfast in the morning that is decent. The cleaning service was absolutely fantastic! The maid was extremely friendly and went above and beyond in getting my mother extra towels for the room. She made sure we had all the items and more that we could ever have wanted. This is a pet friendly hotel which I imagine is a relief for pet owners who enjoy traveling with their animals.

Some of the downsides are the pets barking at 1am. This only happened once but was loud enough to wake my mother and I up in the middle of the night. The rooms still have a clean feel about them even though there are pets in the hotel. My mother asked for a room that never had any pets stay in it which is an option for those of us who don't travel with animals.

My main concern was the pool. Wear NON-SLIP shoes while in that area. In a 15 minute time frame I saw 1 adult and 2 children slip and barely catch themselves. It is extremely slippery. It is small and echoes terribly; with only 3 children running around I could not hold a decent conversation with my mother since we could never hear each other. We finally gave up trying to relax in the pool area. I also wasn't impressed with the wi-fi service. The internet, while free, was spotty and I kept getting kicked off. My mother had the same problem.

The hotel seems pricey but I am not sure how it compared to the area. Overall I enjoyed my stay there although I probably would go somewhere different since I don't travel with animals and another hotel might be a better fit.

Denton, United States
Reviewed 4 August 2014

We come here every year for family vacation. With the ability to bring our dog (mastiff) at no charge is the reason we started coming to this hotel. The rooms are large, and clean. As an added bonus, they include a complimentary breakfast.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Also consider these accommodations in or near Ronks
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lancaster (Amish Country)
Fulton Steamboat Inn
Comfort Suites Amish Country
#14 of 39 in Lancaster
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Lancaster
Best Western Plus Intercourse Village Inn & Suites

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Lancaster? Share your experiences!