“Best thing is the price”
Review of Red Carpet Inn

Red Carpet Inn
Ranked #10 of 16 Hotels in Ronks
Reviewed 31 July 2012

I stayed here because I wanted to stay at another hotel longer and they had no rooms for the weekend. I was glad to find a room. Price was lower than most in the area. The beds were very comfortable. Close to a lot of attractions. If noisy traffic bothers you like it does me then stay away from this motel. Traffic noise all night. Otherwise, it was ok. You can park right outside your room and move luggage easily. Had refrigerator and hairdryer. Clean.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank 4travelersNc

Reviewed 23 April 2012

I have stayed here numerous times. It's not a luxury suite by any means, but if you are looking for a CLEAN, well maintained place to stay in the Lancaster area, this is worth a try. Beds are very comfortable, and easy access onto to Rt. 30.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank BusymanNY
Reviewed 29 August 2011

I was very happy with my room. (45) It has a regular window that you can open for fresh air, although the road is pretty noisy with traffic. Still, it's nice to have fresh air.
My room was clean and included fridge, microwave, iron, ironing board. Don't remember if there was a coffee maker, since I don't drink coffee.
This is a small motel with parking at your door. No pool or breakfast. Just a clean place to sleep at a great price. $48 for weeknight, $60 for Friday night with free internet.
I will stay there again on all trips to Lancaster County.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank priviesandprims
Reviewed 28 June 2011

What can I say..it was super cheap, but clean. NO bed bugs (yes-I checked before putting anything in the room!!) You don't get all the extras, and some of the panel board on the wall in the bathroom had cracks/could tell it was covered from water damage. Other than that, at least the damage was covered, there were no smells (other than the normal horse odors outside from the buggies), and everything in the room worked. The room was actually bigger than I anticipated, with a kitchenette type room off the main area with a separate door. I went with my husband and 2 kids under 3, and I wasn't worried about anything (safety/cleanliness, etc.) for any of us. We stayed for one night as we passed through for an attraction, and I am extremely happy with the choice. We weren't needing the pools/extra amenities and were only there to really sleep. The beds were decent enough for the price-a little hard, but nothing terrible (I am just used to a super soft bed). Probably not the best place to ask for directions (everything seems to just be "down the street"-which may be the whole area's answer to things whether it is a block away or 10 miles), but that was out only "problem" if you even call it one. Would definitely stay here again if I went back there.

Room Tip: Best pricing was a direct link through tripadvisor
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank myth224
Reviewed 16 July 2010

My wife and I have stayed at this motel several times over the years and always found it accomodating, nothing fancy, but we liked the locale. We stayed late December to see the Christmas play at Millinium theatre, the night before we were to check out my wife became ill and was unable to travel until early afternoon, which put us a couple hours late checking out. I went to the office and spoke to the woman owner she seemed gracious and said it would be ok and there would be no extra charge. When I went to pay the bill I saw the man owner/husband leave the room and the woman had put an extra 20 dollar charge on the bill. I asked why and she said it was for not checking out on time, I confronted her with what she had said earlier and she became irate and swore that she had never agreed to her earlier promise of no charge. Sorry but I don't tolerate liars very well and we won't go back. The family is not from this country and although they put on a good front of being nice to clientale I've seen them show their prejudices at times over the years especially the husband. I guess we experienced it first hand.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple
7  Thank OwnMan
Reviewed 6 July 2010

My husband and I usually stay in a cabin at millbridge camp resort, but this time they were sold out for the 4th. We have a little one as well. We decided to give this little hotel a try as it was a little less than a 1/2 mile from the resort and we could still go there for the activities. The owners at the red carpet in are extremely kind and the maintain the hotel themselves. It is very clean!!!. The hotel is a 1/2 mile to the outlets as well. You can not beat the price either, we would highly recoment this place.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank bunge123
Reviewed 7 August 2009

I stayed there for 6 days in July, and had nothing but problems with them. First of all, they say that they are dog friendly when you talk to them on the phone, but that's not the case when you get there. When we checked in, no one said anything, but they expect you to not walk your dog anywhere near their grass... you must walk them on the road, which has people that travel quite over the speed limit. They didn't clean the hotel room ANY of the 6 days, they were rude, just everything a hotel shouldn't be. It was a horrible experience dealing with them.

• Stayed: July 2009
3  Thank soPAgirl19
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ronks
Sleep Inn, Inn & Suites Ronks
Cherry Lane Motor Inn
Comfort Inn Lancaster - Rockvale Outlets
Clarion Inn Historic Strasburg Inn
Scottish Inns Ronks
Scottish Inns Ronks
#13 of 16 in Ronks
Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Lancaster (Amish Country), PA

Been to Red Carpet Inn? Share your experiences!