“The BEST Amish Tour”

29 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 47 helpful votes
“The BEST Amish Tour”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

My husband and I stayed in Dutch Country for our honeymoon and wanted to go on a true Amish tour that didn't intrude on or disrespect the Amish community. Choosing this tour company was the best decision we made. Kathy (the owner) gave us an amazing tour. She is full of knowledge regarding the Amish and Menonite communities and she makes you feel like family. She takes her time to answer any questions you have and to show you who the Amish truly are. My husband and I had a great time and we hope to return soon with the rest of our family. If you want the best Amish tour in Lancaster County then book a tour with Kathy...she is the BEST! Thank you for an amazing tour Kathy!!!

Visited July 2014
3 Thank Natalie R

• Hebrew first
Wake Forest
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Amish Experience”
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Our bus tour guide was very knowledgeable of the Amish history and it was very educational to know how different the Amish lived. Stopping at the shops were wonderful to see all the hand made items and the detail on some of the items along with the homemade goodies.

Visited June 2014
3 Thank Danette C
Boston, Massachusetts
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“A REAL Amish Experience”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

My girlfriend and I were visiting the area and wanted to go on an authentic Amish tour while also being respectful of the Amish people. Kathy of Old Order Amish Tours certainly delivered. You begin by following Kathy in your vehicle as she takes you on a scenic tour of the area. You communicate with her via walkie-talkie as she tells you all about the history of the Old Order Amish and a wealth of other information. She really knows her stuff. After, you visit a working Old Order Amish farm (Kathy has some sort of special relationship with the community in which she can bring visitors onto the site) where you get to see how the Old Order Amish live and also have an opportunity to purchase some of their goods (we bought some beautiful knitted goods). The whole tour lasts about a an hour and a half and was $50 for the two of us--very reasonable for all the sites we were able to see and how much we learned.

Kathy also helped us plan the rest of our day, including where to go for some authentic PA Dutch cooking.

I don't ususally take the time to write online reviews but I was so impressed with Old Order Amish Tours that I just had to. If you are in the area and are looking for an authentic and informative Amish tour, look no further than Old Order Amish Tours. Thanks again Kathy!

Visited May 2014
6 Thank Toooooooob
Silver Spring, Maryland
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 72 helpful votes
“Wonderful, respectful way to see Amish country”
Reviewed 29 April 2014

I selected this company from among the half-dozen I found on the internet because it seemed to be the most respectful and least obtrusive. The idea of traveling in a van gawking at the Amish men and women working their land and shops was completely unappealing. Tour director and owner Kathy Eshbach was very friendly, knowledgable, and totally accommodating to the needs of my family group, which included four French relatives, two of whom are non-English speaking. She adapted our stops to interest our horse-smitten 15-year-old cousin to include a visit to a harness shop, where Chloe was thrilled to see the operation and find horse-related paraphernalia to buy to show off to her equestrian friends in France. Kathy knows the community intimately and was greeted warmly by her Amish friends at our various stops. Having the opportunity to have 83-year-old Alsatian aunt Helene speak German with folks at the Fisher farm was priceless. After the tour, we took tips from Kathy on where to eat and what to see during our remaining hours. A lovely experience, and very highly recommended!

Visited April 2014
5 Thank Athena222
Barboursville, Virginia
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Awesome”
Reviewed 3 February 2014

This was a very nice and very informative tour. It lasted about 2 hours and the lady gave us a very nice history of the countryside and Amish way of life. We visited the Fisher home and saw their dairy barns and were able to purchase som of their goods. Worth every penny!

Visited February 2014