We've stayed at a number of hotels in the Bird-in-Hand/Lancaster area and we're always looking for new (and inexpensive) places to stay. A last minute visit to Lancaster over Labor Day left us with limited options (if we didn't want to spend $150+ per night), so we tried the Weathervane for a night. It's conveniently located to the outlets and Amish areas (right off Route 30 and 896, diagonal from Waffle House), and we were pleasantly suprised. The staff and owner of the property are extremely pleasant and very helpful. The rooms are very large and newly renovated. The rooms are basic - bed, television, bathroom, but they're clean and comfortable. The rooms also have a small refrigerator, microwave and coffee machine. Continental breakfast is also included, although there's no place to sit and eat, so you'd have to either head back to your room or take it "on the road." The breakfast items are made locally (donuts, bagels, etc.) and are quite tasty. If you're looking for a place to stay that's clean and budget-friendly, definitely give this place a try.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- "A Home away from Home"Welcome to Weathervane Motor Court, located in the heart of Amish Farmlands and within easy reach of the famous Sight & Sound Theatre, the Dutch Wonderland Family Amusement Park, the American Music Theatre, the Amish Experience, and various attractions.We’re also within a short drive to the Strasburg Railroad, the venue of the Thomas experience! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Ebookers and Evoline ltd so you can book your Weathervane Motor Court reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Weathervane Motor Hotel Ronks
- Weathervane Hotel Ronks
- Weathervane Motor Court Lancaster County, PA - Ronks