I stayed at the Weathervane this past week for 2 nites. Checked in Wednesday and checked out Friday. Came with my sister & brother-in-law. We wanted a quick getaway, to do some relaxing, shopping, & to see the show at Sights & Sounds Theatre. My sister did a ton of research on tripadvisor on hotels in the area. After reading all the wonderful reviews, and seeing the price, she chose Weathervane. Well, where should I start? EVERYTHING was wonderful. I mean, first of all - the price for 3 people was unbelievable! We got there, and Charlie checked us in - friendly and welcoming. Your parking space is right in front of your door. The room was spacious and SPOTLESS CLEAN! Fresh smelling, & the Air conditioner was awesome! Rooms look freshly painted - very pretty colors. Bathroom - very clean (that's always something I look at!) Small fridge and microwave in room. The grounds of the motel are impeccable - flowers, gazebos (that light up at night) lounge chairs, picnic tables and benches.
The next day we went for the free continental breakfast - we were very satisfied considering it was free - coffee, tea, orange & apple juice, fruit, oatmeal, dry cereal, assorted bagels, danish and donuts. We thought the variety was fine - with all the awesome restaurants & smorgasbords in the area, who needs a bigger breakfast - it was enough to get our day started! We met Nick - the owner and his wife - SUCH A GREAT FAMILY! You can see how much they care about keeping their hotel beautiful, clean and running well, and making their guests comfortable and happy. We chatted with them awhile on our 2nd day after breakfast - very friendly and welcoming! Also speaking of comfy - the beds and pillows were very comfy - also something important to me when I stay in a hotel. Finally - the convenience of this motel could not be beat - Rockvale Outlets right across the street, and everything else on the two connecting roads where the Weathervane is located. WE ARE LOOKING FORWARD TO COMING BACK AGAIN, AND RECOMMEND THIS MOTEL TO ANYONE LOOKING FOR AN INEXPENSIVE, BUT CLEAN, FRIENDLY COMFY PLACE to stay after seeing all the Lancaster sights!!! LOVED IT!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- "A Home away from Home"Welcome to Weathervane Motor Court, located in the heart of Amish Farmlands and within easy reach of the famous Sight & Sound Theatre, the Dutch Wonderland Family Amusement Park, the American Music Theatre, the Amish Experience, and various attractions.We’re also within a short drive to the Strasburg Railroad, the venue of the Thomas experience! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Hotels.com and Ebookers so you can book your Weathervane Motor Court reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Weathervane Motor Hotel Ronks
- Weathervane Hotel Ronks
- Weathervane Motor Court Lancaster County, PA - Ronks