“the lowest I could score here is terrible...much worse”

Scottish Inns Ronks
Ranked #14 of 16 Hotels in Ronks
Reviewed 17 May 2012

Host is terrible.felt like I was a bother to her...rooms stink...towels are like sandpaper...don't go here

Room Tip: go to the Holiday Inn Express or Hershey Hotel...
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
3  Thank veronica j
There are newer reviews for Scottish Inns Ronks

Reviewed 21 February 2012

Okay, When we got there- the parking lot & road were well lit, and we found the place easily. When we walked in the door, the woman behind the counter made us feel like we were a burdan, and didn't speak much. She seemed to throw the room key at us, and did not recommend any places to visit.
Upon entering our room (up two flights of stairs)on the front of the building, we saw or two double beds, with the normal cheap-hotel decor. The bathroom was clean, the linens were fresh & the room was well dusted. Everything was pretty clean, with the exception of a few small pieces of trash on the floor, under the table.
We checked the beds for bedbugs- didn't find ANY evidence of them...we even checked behind the headboard. We sat & ate our dinner, and laid down to go to bed. The beds are too small for a regular sized couple, and are awfully hard. The noise from the road was awful. My husband slept well, but I did not. It seemed everytime I drifted off, the noisy air conditioner would crank on (and not cool the room too well) or a truck would downshift outside. It was noisy. Overall, I would only stay at this place if I got a room on the back of the building.

Room Tip: Look for a room on the back (facing the fields)
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 February 2012

Romantic weekend with my husband, we got the big room behind the office with the hot tub. Our room was very big, but it was freezing when we arrived. It warmed up nicely, but the heater was loud. Even from the rear of the building, you could hear the traffic. Our room was clean, and the people were pleasant. The room was very much worth the price we paid, but if I ever won the lottery.....

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank AprilY
Reviewed 16 January 2012

We had 4 people in our room. We asked for 2 extra towels. The women at the desk (owner) yelled at us and said we are only allowed 4!!! Beware you must use the thin, smelly, dirty car washing towel over and over. Or just don't bath for the week. The women speaks very little English. What words she does know she screams at you. After you go running back to your room. You can stay up all night listing to the non-stop trucks going past your window. It feels like we where camping on the side of the PA Turnpike. The breakfast in the morning was a few muffins in a plastic bag in the office. I couldn't tell if they were blueberry or mold. We ended up eating at the diner down the road. Don't expect a contintal breakfast like it listed on the discription or towels or sleep.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 August 2011

We had reservations for late arrival. (In fact my wife stayed there once before - it was okay then - not treat - but okay.) They were told and agreed to the fact that we were bringing 2 cats. When we arrived, they refused to room us because they "only took dogs". It was 9:15 P.M. on a Friday night in rain, with a hurricane coming in. All other area hotels/motels either did not take any animals or were booked up. We ended up in York PA (50 miles away)in a suite costing 4 times what we had planned to pay. (Yorktowne Inn - very good - with very nice people!)They agreed to the reservation at the Ronks Scottish Inn including our cats. I would NEVER GO TO THAT PLACE AGAIN (Scottish Inn). Avoid it like the plague!

Room Tip: Any one in the area other than Scottish Inn
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 September 2010

The previous reviews about the road noise are an understatement. The noise from trucks going by is indeed terrible. We had a second floor room on the left end facing the motel from the road. I'd maybe try the back which faces an Amish farm field in the future, but if I were forced to stay in the front I'd rather get my money back and sleep in the car! I'm not kidding! And I saw the noisy reviews before we left and thought, how bad could the noise be?! Yeah, it's that bad! Being so bad, I don't know how the back could escape all the road noise, and because of that I think we would probably try another hotel in the area.

It's a shame because the facility did seem as clean as it can be considering it was next to a field. (I live in the woods and the occasional spider and what not are always inside the house, so an occasional bug doesn't bother me. Why is a bad review because a bug is spotted always thrown into the mix of reviews?!) We did not see any inside our room, but the stairs going up to the room had spider webs on them.

The facility also seemed completely refurbished at some point relatively recently. Looks like it had new windows, bathrooms, etc. Really, new everything whenever it was refurbished.

The location was great. Outside the busy outlet area (outside of downtown Lancaster), but right next to it. Also a very short drive to Strasburg Railroad and Cherry Crest farm (both were why we were staying in Lancaster). And even though we had a terrible sleep, seeing the Amish farmer lead his team of 6 horses plowing the field behind the motel was very cool.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank mpheadley
Reviewed 18 September 2010

My sister and I stayed at this hotel last weekend, woke up in the middle of the night - saw a cockroach running across the floor, did more of an inspection, found 4 dead bugs in room. Told the owner about it, she flipped out on us and was very rude, wouldn't give us a discount. Will never go back!

• Stayed: September 2010
1  Thank smoop716
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ronks
Cherry Lane Motor Inn
Sleep Inn, Inn & Suites Ronks
Eastbrook Inn
Eastbrook Inn
#4 of 16 in Ronks

Been to Scottish Inns Ronks? Share your experiences!