“Great facility”

Sleep Inn, Inn & Suites Ronks
Ranked #6 of 16 Hotels in Ronks
Reviewed 8 July 2008

This facility was a delight. Room was clean, roomy, had a comfortable chair and ottoman, refrig and microwave. A/C worked very well, rooms were quiet. Breakfast was well stocked, clean and had waffles. Computer in front lobby for guest use n/c. Staff was friendly and helpful. Very convenient to all Lancaster area sights. Miller's buffet is just down the road about 1/4 mile and was very good. Great stay at a good price.

Stayed: July 2008

Reviewed 30 June 2008

My wife and I decided to stay at the Sleep Inn & Suites in Ronks for our six-month anniversary. The sign advertized that they had rooms available with "Jacuzzi tubs" and so we asked for one of these. The counter person by the name of "Claudia" was very nice, polite, and accomodating. We went to the room, and since we were exhausted decided to take a nap. After waking we realized there were smears of some sort ALL OVER the wooden headboard. Not something I would normally complain about, but it was not pleasant and made me worry about the cleanliness of the rest of the property.

Around 9:00 PM we ecided to use the "Jacuzzi tub" (after I had to rinse it out) and found it to be non-functional. I went to the front desk to ask if there was a special trick to its operation (not likely since I work in the pool & spa trade) or if there was a breaker that needed to be switched. The man wobbled his head, and in broken English claimed he didn't understand what I was saying. After about five minutes of me using broken English, the man of certain sub-continent of India origin got on his cell phone and made a call. He said "No maintainence until tomorrow". That did not sit well with me since we were only staying that night. I asked to speak to the manager... "no manager" was his response. I asked him to come to the room, and see if he could get it to work (I wanted verification for when I did get to speak to the manager). He proceeded to dip his hands into the water several times and say "very hot". I don't understand why he found it necessary to test the water temperature as the button was above the water line. Even if it did work I would have had to drain and refill the tub after his hands had effectivly soaked in them. I flipped the switch on the wall several times in his presence, and the tub failed to work. He gave me a shrug and walked out of the room. This was a major disappointment for two people on a "second honeymoon".

Later that night I went to get change for the soda machine, and I found the same attendant asleep. While he was snoring away, I said excuse me at regualr speaking volume FIVE times. It finally took an "excuse me" at geater volume and a hand slammed on the counter to rouse him. What kind of security is that? A cow could have walked through the automatic doors and this guy wouldn't have heard it.

I explained all of this to the desk person, Claudia, in the morning. She was very understanding and said "I might be able to get you a 10% discount?". Sorry, but I could have stayed in a hotel down the street without a hot tub for $79... it was going to taake more than a $13.50 credit to make this situation right. I invoked their 100% Satisfaction Guarantee that they had plastered in the lobby and on cards in the room, and she said "well you'll have to talk to the Manager about that". I asked for him, but he wasn't there. I have called three times now and the manager is never there. I have called their corporate telephone number and they are "passing along my complaint to the owner.

I am not a complainer... but this goes beyond the bounds.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 June 2008

We were actually headed to Delaware for a graduation, but all the hotels there were $200 a night due to NASCAR and graduations in one weekend. This was a little inconvenient, since we had to drive an hour to the graduation, but it was a great savings. The hotel was clean and quiet. The towels are not real plush, but they were clean and good enough. The room was quiet, although the house facing our window had an outdoor party one night. Breakfast was set up attractively and everything seemed very neat and clean downstairs. One other nice feature was a fridge/microwave in each room (so you could heat up your tea or coffee that you brought up from the lobby and keep your pop cold in the fridge). We would stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 May 2008

Hotel was clean and fairly new. When we checked in the desk clerk could barely speak english. We explained we had reservations but he said he could not find them. In broken Hindi he said he had a room but it was not ready. We registered and said we would return when the room was ready. When we returned it still was not ready. We said no thank you and went to another hotel. T hree weeks later we got a charge on our credit card . Be careful of this place, it took us some extra time to straighten this out.

• Stayed: May 2008
Reviewed 31 March 2008

I went to Lancaster a day early for the Quilter's Heritage Show and would be staying at the quilt show's host hotel for the weekend. I decided to stay at Sleep Inn for the 1st night (Thursday), if I have not already paid at the other property in advance I would have stayed at Sleep Inn for the duration of my Lancaster visit. I was more than pleased as I found it to be clean, comfortable and the staff very friendly and helpful. This was a great place to stay with a wonderful price, I was more comfortable here than the show host hotel. When I return to this area I will stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 March 2008

I was pleasantly surprised by the Sleep Inn. The pricepoint was low that I thought it would be shlocky. It wasn't. It was very nice. Quiet. Clean. The room was bigger than I thought. The pool was small but comfortable. I have nothing but positive things to say. Oh, maybe just one small thing. The manager and staff were not the friendliest folks in the world. So don't expect smiles and chit chat. Which was surprising but I got over it quickly and had a really nice stay!

• Stayed: March 2008
Reviewed 14 March 2008

Sleep Inn is just a mile beyond the congested area of Lancaster outlet shopping. Even though it is on the main highway, Rt 30, once you turn onto the property, it is quiet... adjacent to a large farm. That said, the weekend we stayed, travel teams were also staying and there were voices and doors slamming until exactly 10 pm (It must have been the curfew). Other than that, the room was very comfortable, the breakfast satisfying with an array of cold cereals and breads and make your own waffles, there was a small indoor pool and fitness room, a computer with internet (and printer) in the lobby, and a very pleasant and accomodating staff.

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled with friends
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ronks
2 mi away
#4 of 16 in Ronks
Comfort Inn Lancaster - Rockvale Outlets
Cherry Lane Motor Inn
Best Western Plus Intercourse Village Inn & Suites

Been to Sleep Inn, Inn & Suites Ronks? Share your experiences!