“Great”

Ranked #6 of 16 Hotels in Ronks
Jersey City, New Jersey
“Great”
Reviewed 9 July 2010

Wanted to add our two cents.... This was a perfectly fine place to stay. It was clean, comfortable, efficient. The bathroom was very nice with large, granite counters. The bedding was clean and the beds were comfortable. The pool was small and un-inspiring but fine enough (my daughter still loved it). The breakfast was also a typical continental. The staff were friendly and willing to make accomodations. The best part was the alfalfa field next door that lit up with what must have been thousands of fireflys at dusk--spectacular.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Gainesville, Florida
Reviewed 6 June 2010

We stayed at the Sleep Inn over Memorial Day weekend. It was an add on to our trip and with the military discount it was reasonable. We arrived late after a day trip to Hershey's Chocolate World. The young man at the counter was on the phone helping another guest. The owner/manager was standing at the other computer but had no desire to help us. We waited patiently for 5-7 minutes while the young man finished the call. This was not an easy feat with 3 tired kids. The room was average. There apparently were many familes at the hotel because as we settled in for the night we could hear the family above us running and yelling. The breakfast buffet was poor. The cereals were for the 65 and older crowd. They did have a waffle maker but not much else. We chose to eat at Bird in Hand Family restaurant about 2 miles away.
The young man who checked us out on Memorial Day was very pleasant and made sure our reservation made it to my Choice Card. We will return to Lancaster but will probably stay elsewhere.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank nulyte
laurel, md
Reviewed 21 April 2010

We had a whirlpool suite, which was just lovely. My personal pet peeve is the fan that has to come on with the light in the bathroom. It kind of drives me crazy. The odd thing about the bathroom is the high distant sink. There was a large portion of countertop in front of the sink so that I couldn't reach the faucet easily or lean over the sink while brushing my teeth. I'm 5'6", so I'm not THAT short. Otherwise, everything else was just great.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank difi2002
N.Swanzey,NH
Reviewed 9 April 2010

Staff extremely knowledgable of the area, where to eat and how to get to "off the beaten track" sights in Amish country. Would recommend local diner and truck stop about 1-2 miles for a great meal. Rooms clean and beds comfortable. Would definately stay here again.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank makl51
ny
Reviewed 21 September 2009

We stayed one night here; the room was large, comfortable, and clean. The staff was very nice and breakfast the next morning was busy (the room is somewhat small for all of the people who eat), but well attended to and kept stocked with a good variety of food. The only problem was that our keys would work only after many swipes. The staff fixed it immediately, however. We didn't use the pool so don't know the condition. We would definitely return again.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank tikadafne
robyn654
Reviewed 27 August 2009

There was mold in the bathroom on the tile and ceiling. The room had a very bad smell. I have made plans in the past around the avalibility of this hotel, not anymore. I first stayed weeks after they opened and every year since then.Staff was very nice. Rooms are spacious. Pool was cloudy and did not look clean, very disapointing for our nephews. The breakfast was good. Very disapointed in the cleanliness, I understand that alot of people go through this hotel but they make enough money to keep up the standards that made them a favorite place to stay. I have stayed at alot of places in lancaster and this was my favorite, time to find a new one again.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank robyn654
Silky66
Reviewed 7 August 2009

The hotel staff and overall hotel was very nice and clean. My only 2 pet peeves: location of my room-- I was located directly next to the stairwell so each time people walked up and down, you could hear them.
My room directly across from the pool. So when I opened my window--they could see me and I could see them in the pool. No privacy. I complained to the front desk and the clerk did not change my room. Rich at the front desk was very professional and helpful.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ronks
La Quinta Inn & Suites Lancaster
Eastbrook Inn
Eastbrook Inn
#4 of 16 in Ronks
Comfort Inn Lancaster - Rockvale Outlets
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lancaster (Amish Country)
Cherry Lane Motor Inn
Best Western Plus Revere Inn & Suites

Been to Sleep Inn, Inn & Suites Ronks? Share your experiences!