“Serves its purpose!”
Review of Olde Amish Inn

Olde Amish Inn
Ranked #12 of 16 Hotels in Ronks
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Like another reviewer said, no bells and whistles, but you most likely won't be spending most of your time in the hotel room. The location is great - really close to everything. Pretty quiet and small. The beds were comfy and the tv worked. The shower was fine for us and the continental breakfast was exactly what we needed (average stuff - coffee, bananas, muffins, local produce). The staff was friendly to us. We did have to vacate some of the "locals" from our room (i.e. we had about six flies we want to leave our room), but this is farm country. OH and the free Wifi was nice!

Room Tip: If you are able to request it - ask for a room on the "quiet side" (i.e. the side NOT faci...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank BWizMays

Reviewed 29 May 2014

I called this morning about reserving a room and asked about a military discount. I'm a single parent trying to spend time with my kids and always try to get a good deal - thought I had found one with this place... spoke to first man who answered the phone and he couldn't offer me a low enough price - said he'd have to speak to manager - Mgr named Kebal got on the phone and said if I wanted to pay cash he could give me a room for $65 which I said yes but needed to call back with credit card number - by the time I called back Kebal claimed he was the owner, he was the only person there I could have spoken to and he didn't agree on the $65 price - he gave me another price and then the tax on top of it which once again put it out of my price range - not a good way to do business

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank kewoods1968
Reviewed 15 May 2014

No belles and whistles, just a very enjoyable place to stay. Romms are a little dated, but they were clean and restful. Plenty of restaurants in area (Lancaster,PA), and plenty of shopping. Very quiet and relaxable. Would return. Friendly staff.

Room Tip: Looking for a quick place, this is it.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 May 2014

We have stayed here several times over the years. This time was very disappointing. Rooms were not kept very clean. Beds were very uncomfortable. Water pressure in shower was very little. Wish I could give a better review.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank shortymama
Reviewed 18 December 2013

I have stayed here my last 5 trips to Lancaster. The service has always been wonderful. The location is just far enough from Route 30 that you're not bothered by the traffic and yet still right in the middle of all attractions. There's a continental breakfast available. Simple, no frills. If you spend a lot of time in the room, this probably wouldn't be for you. But if you're like me and looking for a bed and shower before you go off exploring, it's perfect!

Room Tip: If you have any kind of walking problems, be sure to request a first floor room. There is no elevato...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Tom K
Reviewed 12 December 2013

We checked into this motel based on the 8+ rating on Booking.com. After four weeks of overnight stays in motels, we more or less knew what to expect of a 2-star establishment - ie a basic, no frills, roof-over-the-head-and-bed-only type of place.

The gentleman at reception was wonderful and we were made to feel very welcome. Checking-in was quick and efficient and without hassles. Fantastic, after a long day driving!

Its location relative to tourist attractions, outlet shopping, restaurants and Walmart is tremendous and convenient. There is complimentary WiFi and the cost excluding taxes of $69 per night is reasonable enough (but please read my qualification below).

As the name suggests, the motel is indeed Olde (read - Old) but Amish it is not. So do not expect any Amish character or ambience.

The room was generally clean but the carpet was beyond its use-by date and it shows. You can literally see stains. There was no coffee and tea available in the room, nor was there writing material (it turned out we needed this).

Unfortunately we had a room directly over the Inn's entry and every time the door was used, the door bell went 'DONG!' loudly. It was an absolute nuisance particularly when it started going early in the morning.

With the above said, and given our recent experiences with motels, the single issue which perturbed us the most is the room rate. It is similar to Days Inns (not that all Days Inns are good) but the quality and guest benefits are more like Motel 6s which cost $50 to $60 per night excluding taxes.

Would we come back? Probably but only if the room rate reflects the condition of the facilities.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank skis-gitz
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 23 November 2013

This is a 2 star motel. The expectation is a clean room, very few amenities and priced low because of the lack of amenities. My rating is based on those criteria.
Facility – 2 story. The second floor is accessed via stairs and an indoor hallway. No elevator. The first floor is a typical motel with direct access from your car parked in front of the door. If you have mobility issues, make sure that you are on the first floor.
Room – Large, clean, no odors,2 queen beds, table & 2 chairs, 4 drawer dresser, microwave, small refrigerator with ice box, clock radio, hair dryer, alcove with clothes hangers, new flat panel TV with lots of channels. The soundproofing in the room is superb. It was totally quiet all night long. The furniture is dated but in good shape.
Beds - good mattress (medium firmness), pillows OK
WiFi – strong signal, decent speed
Bathroom – clean, toiletries, everything worked fine, endless hot water
Heat/AC – wall unit with thermostat. This can be an issue if you are a light sleeper.
Breakfast – breads, donuts, fruit, cereal, coffee & tea. If you want a hot breakfast, there are plenty of good choices in the immediate area.
Location - close to modern shopping, outlets and traditional PA Dutch attractions.
I don’t understand some of the bad reviews. I stayed in room 37 and it was spotless. I find it hard to believe that the other rooms could be so different. I ignored the negative reviews after I looked at the booking.com rating of “very good” with 221 reviews. This is an excellent value for the area. If you plan on spending a lot of time in the motel, this would not be the best choice. If you are just sleeping here, it’s a great choice.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ronks
Eastbrook Inn
Fulton Steamboat Inn
#1 of 40 in Lancaster
Comfort Inn Lancaster - Rockvale Outlets
La Quinta Inn & Suites Lancaster

Been to Olde Amish Inn? Share your experiences!