“Very Nice B&B”

Candlelight Inn Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 4 Ronks B&B and Inns
Reviewed 12 October 2010

Nice B&B located close to all attractions. We had a suite with jacuzzie and fire place, very comfortable. Hosts were pleasant and very helpfull with local knowledge.
Pros: Great location, close to everything, yet set back in a fairly private local. Room was great, with jacuzzi and candles everywhere. Host was very helpfull.
Cons: No TV in the room. (We didn't want one, but some do.) No choice at breakfeast. It was good, but not what I would have liked for breakfeast. Free wi-Fi if you are in the right part of the house and have a PC with a good range.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 30 August 2010

The Candlelight Inn B&B is a good balance of being a short drive to civilization (shopping malls, chain style restaurants, etc) in one direction and the quiet of Amish country in the other direction. We stayed in the Minuet Room which is located on the top floor and is very quiet. The breakfast was excellent and the B&B owners friendly.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank julesk24
Reviewed 4 August 2010

My family and I stayed at Candlelight Inn as a surprise for my mother, it was the most enjoyable stay, away from the traditional hotel this B&B was just my style in elegance and decor. The serene dining area had fresh homemade delights with beverages and coffee as you relaxed to the sounds of classical music. The Victorian style bedrooms each having their own flares was so beautiful. In the morning you were awaken to a gourmet breakfast in a sitting area that overlooked a beautiful garden. My stay reminding me of my mother hosting her friends and it was most pleasing to see her on the receiving end. Thanks Tim, and I look forward to coming back!
Misha

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank lilmisha
Reviewed 27 July 2010

My family and I took an overnight trip to celebrate my mom's birthday by going to the Sight and Sound Theater. We decided to be adventurous and find accommodations when we got there. To our delightful pleasure we found the Candlelight Inn B&B. If you are familiar with B&B's then this one does not disappoint. It actually surpassed our expectations. The antique Victorian decor captures your attention as you make your way to your gorgeous room. Tim, the innkeeper was very hospitable, informative, and a fine chef. Special care was taken to make us feel special and our stay memorable. Whenever your travels take you to Ronks, PA area, be sure to get away from the busyness of life and be pampered by the Candlelight Inn atmosphere. By the way, we are going back next month!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank ssparkle
Reviewed 23 July 2010

My husband and I stayed for 3 nights at a peaceful, relaxing Bed & Breakfast in Amish Country. Close enough to all the attractions and wonderful restaurants, but on the quiet, outskirts of town. Surrounded on 3 sides by Amish farms. After a day of touring, we sat on the covered, outside porch, and enjoyed a glass of wine from a local winery. The breakfast and coffee was delicious. I would highly recommend this famil run Inn. The victorian room was very comfortable.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank relaxer54
Reviewed 22 July 2010

The inn is lovely to look at. The rooms are gorgeous. Our room was especially charming, like a fairy tale come true but...... the air wasn't working so our room was so warm that we had to keep both fans running all night. Each room has liquer in a dainty decanter and I enjoyed a shot every night. The breakfast is meatless. Everyday we got fruit and two kinds of bread. Since my husband is a happy meat eater had I known this I would've booked us elsewhere. The inn is right on Route 30 and trucks are flying down the road all day and night. The house is well isulated and you truly don't hear the trucks but I was expecting something a little furhter away from the highway and we really needed to be extra alert when pulling out of the driveway into the traffic.
The hosts and their family were very pleasant. It's a nice place it just didn't do it for me.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank RichmondVaDymphna
Reviewed 4 May 2010

I was hoping for a quaint little retreat for some R&R. The price was right about $100 for the night. The room we had was really pretty. The bed was really really comfy. There are a few things I would recommend for the innkeepers. When we got to the room we opened the wardrobe thinking there might be a TV, no such luck. There was complimentary Anisette, not my favorite. I would rather have had a six pack of water. I thought the sink outside of the bathroom was kind of cute, but the towels (needed fabric softener) were inside the bathroom. I would have been okay with no TV if there was free WiFi. Our room, The Alegro room was up against busy Route 30. The breakfast was tasty but it was missing a country meat. I would recommend getting a room maybe in the backside of the house to avoid the traffic noise and bring a portable DVD player.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple