“Proof that the Main Line needs more dining choices!”
Review of Gullifty's

Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Franklin Street
Description: Since 1975, Gullifty's Pizza Grille and Bar has been a Main Line tradition. With great food, award-winning beer selection, and outdoor dining, Gullifty's has something for everyone!
New York City, New York
“Proof that the Main Line needs more dining choices!”
Reviewed 9 January 2014

I have eaten here twice and both times I have had a very similar, lack luster experience.
I will review my last visit here.
First off Gullifty's is in an abandoned shopping center. This center once had a large Border's and several other small, local shops. Today the center sits empty. They have been remodeling it and hopefully they will get it back up and going again, but as for now it's kind of a lonely and a little depressing place.
Tonight I showed up and waited a very long time by the hostess stand. Several other groups were also waiting. When we asked a server who was walking by who would seat us, he pointed to a woman who was down on the floor moving tables around. I think the wait was at least ten minutes of nobody jumping up and greeting us. A manger also was walking the floor and if the hostess was doing another job, he should have jumped in to seat us.
I am not sure why but the restaurant was half full and I was giving a really bad table next to a bus stand, far away from any other tables, alone in the corner.
It took a long time for a waiter to show to greet me. When he did show up I started with a simple ice tea. Truthfully, it took ten minutes for the ice tea to come to my table.
I ordered a Greek Salad and had two orders to go. I asked my server if he could please put in the go orders when my salad hit the table.
Again a long wait for my meal.
When I got my salad it was very limp, warm lettuce leaves served on a white dinner place with a lot of olives, feta cheese and three cherry tomatoes and one oddly cut slice of green pepper. It was room temperature and the greens were no where near fresh.
When I was finished I asked my server if my to go order was ready and he promised it was being boxed up as we spoke. Then it took another 20 minutes for my to go order to show up. There was no way he put in my order until I reminded him. The wait was very long and he was no where to be found.
Then while I was waiting a waiter with a broom came and starting sweeping around and under my table, asking me to lift my legs! Shouldn't this side work be done when no customers are in the restaurant?
My food was really bad and the service was worse.
I think people come here for a beer, burger and to watch the games on the big screen TVs. In the summer they have a patio. It's near Villanova and I think a lot of students frequent this as a hangout.
Clearly the Main Line needs some good dining options if this remains such a popular choice!

• Visited January 2014

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Always fun place hangout with friends”
Reviewed 17 December 2013 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

Our MPA had a small holiday party at Gullifty's. I ordered BBQ Pulled Pork Flatbread and icecream with cubed brownies. There are many types of brownies, but Gullifty's browni was alright;however, the flatbread was great! Little bit salty, but that makes me drink more? Gullifty's has Quizzo and more activities weekly, so I really recommend this place.

Visited December 2013
“Great venue for large gatherings”
Reviewed 12 October 2013 via mobile

I recently had an anniversary dinner at Gullifty's with a party of over ten people. The restaurant was extremely helpful with all of the preparations leading up to the dinner. They were open to bringing outside bottles of wine ($15 corkage/bottle) as well as cake. They even went as far as cutting the cake and boxing up the leftovers.

As far as the dinner was concerned, the food was surprisingly good. It surpassed my expectations. I had the Scottish salmon and lobster risotto. I would highly recommend it and would order it again. Risotto is not easy to cook, but it was done perfectly. All of our guests raved about the food.

The service was also excellent. Given the size of our party, there were two waiters who attended to our table. They did a great job and were friendly throughout the night.

I would definitely go back to this restaurant. I hope you'll check it out too.

“Very Average only go there in the summer when the outdoor dining is available.”
Reviewed 31 August 2013

They have nice portions and good value but I'm looking for better food. Kinda like a Bennigan's or a Friday's. I was there with girlfriend for dinner and she had wings which were yummy. I had tacos but asked if they could be made with shrimp and they were. However, the took 5 shrimp and cut them to divide them among the 3 tacos instead of just giving me 6 shrimp. The sauce looked like it came from a tube and wasn't very attractive or pleasant looking. The table next to us wanted fries with their burgers and were told to go inside and order take out. Crazy!.

• Visited August 2013
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Menu greatly improved”
Reviewed 28 August 2013

Hadn't been here in a couple of years, but the menu has been elevated with some great choices beyond regular burgers and fries. I had crab cakes that were full of crabmeat not filler. It was VERY noisy. We were there on a rainy Friday night and the place was packed. Our servicer was knowledgable and chef even came out when one of our party had a special request. That was impressive. I will definitely go again but on a week night.

Visited August 2013