“Downhill after a great beer list”
Review of Gullifty's

Gullifty's
Ranked #1 of 7 Restaurants in Rosemont
Price range: US$15 - US$25
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Groups, Bar Scene, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Franklin Street
Description: Since 1975, Gullifty's Pizza Grille and Bar has been a Main Line tradition. With great food, award-winning beer selection, and outdoor dining, Gullifty's has something for everyone!
Elkins Park, Pennsylvania
“Downhill after a great beer list”
Reviewed 8 May 2014

The beer was the best part of our dinner. Sweet Baby Jesus chocolate peanut butter stout was excellent. The food was okay after sending my overcooked burger back. The service was abysmal.
We had 6 PM reservations and were seated immediately in a half full room. Our waitress took our orders and we waited. About an hour later our food came out, main course and salads all together.
They may have a great bar but as a restaurant forget about it.

• Visited May 2014

Scranton, PA, USA
“Not so great.”
Reviewed 17 April 2014

We tried Gullifty's recently and were very disappointed. We found the food to be OK, the service exceedingly slow (for bar service, specifically - seemed like interminable wait for drinks), the house wine offerings to be sub-par and the others offerings to be expensive. In addition, the orders were mixed up and one entree was different than what was ordered. Service was also inattentive. Would not return.

• Visited April 2014
“where's my bacon??”
Reviewed 24 February 2014

after a team paddle session from Main Line Health & Fitness, i was told that around the corner has some great food... this foodie got his hopes up! we, a team of 15 were seated promptly, after a rush of a busy grand opening for a new farmers market next door.

we were going to order regular appetizers, and our friendly waitress greeted us with a happy hour menu! in that case, we ordered double the amount of appetizers!!
(GOOD JOB WAITRESS!)
our drinks were placed.... after ordering our appetizers, we were ready for the entrees... the waitress happliy took our orders and the food came out accordingly... i asked for the Asiago (APPLE WOOD SMOKED) Bacon Burger - meduin rare... when my burger came, it was missing the bacon, and was cooked through...after the team finished their meal...(how long does it take to cook a medium rare burger?) the waitress glady came back with a new meduim rare Asiago (OSCAR MAYER PRECOOKED) Bacon Burger...o.O
(GOOD JOB WAITRESS!!)
ok, the burger wasn't all the waitress's job... she was busy bartending... i was hoping she made me a drink! instead, she was running around like a chicken without a head. i gove it to her though, she managed to serve about 6 people at the bar and came back to our group of 15 to make sure all was well... when the bill came, we stumbled upon a -$24... we couldn't figure it out. we then asked her personally, she replied, "because some of the appetizers ran out, and a few other mistakes (my baconless burger), i took off $24 off your bill to make up for our mishaps..."
(GOOD JOB WAITRESS!!!)

the atmosphere was - eh...
the chefs were -------- meh...
the attitude was ----- weh...
the food was ---------- wey...
the waitress was ----- YEY!!

• Visited February 2014
Valley Forge, Pennsylvania
“Horriable !!!”
Reviewed 10 January 2014

I have been eating here for 20 plus years. They updated the interior and everything spiraled downward fast and very badly. The prices went up, the food quality and taste went way down. The staff use to be great. Now they are lazy, inattentive and unprofessional. My family has eaten here for 20 years plus as well. We all are in total agreement that none of us will eat there again. I have given them 4 chances recently and they failed every time. Way to many other great places to eat within 3 or 4 minutes.

• Visited January 2014
New York City, New York
“Proof that the Main Line needs more dining choices!”
Reviewed 9 January 2014

I have eaten here twice and both times I have had a very similar, lack luster experience.
I will review my last visit here.
First off Gullifty's is in an abandoned shopping center. This center once had a large Border's and several other small, local shops. Today the center sits empty. They have been remodeling it and hopefully they will get it back up and going again, but as for now it's kind of a lonely and a little depressing place.
Tonight I showed up and waited a very long time by the hostess stand. Several other groups were also waiting. When we asked a server who was walking by who would seat us, he pointed to a woman who was down on the floor moving tables around. I think the wait was at least ten minutes of nobody jumping up and greeting us. A manger also was walking the floor and if the hostess was doing another job, he should have jumped in to seat us.
I am not sure why but the restaurant was half full and I was giving a really bad table next to a bus stand, far away from any other tables, alone in the corner.
It took a long time for a waiter to show to greet me. When he did show up I started with a simple ice tea. Truthfully, it took ten minutes for the ice tea to come to my table.
I ordered a Greek Salad and had two orders to go. I asked my server if he could please put in the go orders when my salad hit the table.
Again a long wait for my meal.
When I got my salad it was very limp, warm lettuce leaves served on a white dinner place with a lot of olives, feta cheese and three cherry tomatoes and one oddly cut slice of green pepper. It was room temperature and the greens were no where near fresh.
When I was finished I asked my server if my to go order was ready and he promised it was being boxed up as we spoke. Then it took another 20 minutes for my to go order to show up. There was no way he put in my order until I reminded him. The wait was very long and he was no where to be found.
Then while I was waiting a waiter with a broom came and starting sweeping around and under my table, asking me to lift my legs! Shouldn't this side work be done when no customers are in the restaurant?
My food was really bad and the service was worse.
I think people come here for a beer, burger and to watch the games on the big screen TVs. In the summer they have a patio. It's near Villanova and I think a lot of students frequent this as a hangout.
Clearly the Main Line needs some good dining options if this remains such a popular choice!

• Visited January 2014