“Excellent Hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Royersford
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Excellent Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 November 2013 via mobile

This hotel is fantastic and very clean. I'm a diamond member with Hilton and platinum IHG and travel often. This was my fist experience at a Staybridge Suites and surely won't be my last. The free breakfast is very good and a few notches better than Hampton inn and holiday inn express. The fitness center is nice, clean and spacious......and they have dumbbells.....and if you work out in hotels.....you know that's a bonus!!! Great place and very clean!!!

Stayed November 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 November 2013

Upon arriving to the hotel, I had three rooms booked for a wedding and was able to check-in to all three rooms early. The check-in was easy and without any issues. The employees seemed very nice, but distracted at times. The check-out was also quick and easy and without problems. The hotel lobby was nice and roomy and very clean. The location was somewhat isolated, but it was next to an Outback and had other select businesses in the area, but not really walking distance.

ROOMS (215/222/400)

Of all the rooms, no one had any major issues. The rooms were clean, had some free toiletries in the bathroom, and some nice amenities in the rooms. I stayed in Room 215 (1 Queen) so I will focus on that room. There was a queen bed, a love seat and coffee table, desk and chair, fridge, dishwasher, microwave, toaster, sink, 2 range stove, and some cups, plates, bowls, and silverware. The only thing missing that I, and other guests stated they wish they had, was there was an in-room safe.

BREAKFAST

The breakfast was a nice spread with lots of variety. There were eggs, bacon/ham/sausage, breads, cereals, make your own waffle station, oatmeal, yogurt, whole and mixed fruit, and coffee/juice/soda. The food was good and constantly re-stocked. They were accommodating many people whom were in the area at one time.

BUSINESS CENTER

They had a nice little business center with a couple computers as well as other supplies such as a printer, copier, paper, stapler, etc. Internet is available. Internet is also free for all hotel guests.

GYM/POOL

Unfortunately, I did not get a chance to use the gym but I was told it was very nice. I was told the equipment was newer and they had a variety of equipment such as treadmills, ellipticals, bicycles, and dumbbells. The indoor pool also appeared to be very large for a hotel and also maintained well.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank JonnyBlaze777
NJ
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 November 2013

looking for a place to stay , found a coupon for this hotel, although it wasn't accepted a good rate was given and the the front desk clerk tried really hard to accommodate us, I was surprised to see how nice the room was, very spacious , and clean , wish it was a little more sound proof, you can hear other peoples conversations in the hall as you passed the rooms, it looks like there was a small kid upstairs that was jumping until really late , at time of checkout I waited until the front desk staff had a long & friendly conversation with the person in front of me, I don't remember a greeting and when approached her and expecting maybe a bit more professionalism all I got was your set to go" with a blank stare, a little disappointed as other places asked how was the stay or at very least thank you, I felt like she lacked a bit of professionalism. over all I tried to keep in mind the hard work the first person put into , trying to accommodate my needs, overall being my first stay with this chain of hotel I can say it was nice,...

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites Royersford-Valley Forge, responded to this review, 30 November 2013
Dear simplemom2013,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review regarding your recent stay. It is very nice to know that you liked our rooms and have noticed their cleanliness. My apologies for the inconvenience you experienced over the noise and over the unsatisfactory service you received from the desk staff. Rest assured that your comments will be looked into and take actions accordingly. Despite your disappointment I do hope you will return to stay with us again at some future date when you can be assured of our very best attention.

Karen G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2013 via mobile

The area is ok, has a lot of shopping (10min) from the King of Prussia Mall and lots of restaurants in the area. The hotel is nice, the lobby is nice and it does appear to be clean. The rooms are nice and of pretty good size. The is a couch in the room, a refrigerator, glasses, plates, and dish detergent. The frustrating part was that our room was located on the 4th floor and there is a vent and (maybe) when the wind blows the flap of the vent slaps down and it is so Lois and it continuously and repeatedly hits. It is so loud and it prevents you from sleeping and if you do fall asleep it wakes you up. We called to comain about that noise nd they let us know that they are aware of it but it just is. We asked for eat plugs and they don't have any. Very frustrating! You can also hear the cars and trucks on the highway. Bottom line - they hotel seems nice, breakfast in the morning, but if you are looking to sleep soundly, not sure this place is perfect. I would try a different place.

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites Royersford-Valley Forge, responded to this review, 26 November 2013
Dear Lovemybirds,

Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay with us. We work diligently to ensure our facilities are well maintained and we try our hardest to provide not just good value, but comfortable, clean and friendly accommodations. I would like to offer a sincere apology for the inconvenience the noise had caused you and regret that you were not satisfied with the service you received from our staff. I have taken note of your valuable comments and will use these to monitor and improve the quality and services we offer for to our guests.

Jaime W
Case Manager
IHGCare
Marlton, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 October 2013

We used the Staybridge for our son's wedding weekend. The hotel is very clean. The rooms were very nice and equiped with everything you need. Its a smoke free hotel which is a breath of fresh are :) Front desk was very professional and organized. Breakfast in the morning was great. Everything was fresh, clean and a good selection of hot and cold breakfast items. Walking distance to the Outback. I would recommend this hotel if you need a hotel in the area.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
trieste
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013

in Valley Forge . Close to king of Prussia, Franklin Mills,Premium outlet, Delawere crossing,etc.
Very clean rooms, free working internet,nice breakfast with two people at work.
Front office working nicely, walking distance to Outback where you can get a 10% discount showing your room key.
Nothing is perfect and the panorama from the hotel is a cemetery in front and highway on the back ( not too much noise !! ), but I definitely be back , even if one person in the staff disappointed me ( maybe too busy because of a marriage ? )

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Sebastian, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2013

Very nice, new, clean room. Had a suite for a couple of nights. Nice having a private bedroom for us and a pullout bed for my nephew. Room very clean and seems really new. Nice free breakfast bar too--better than many at more expensive hotels. Super glad we got to take our pekingese too.
No problem in our room with fleas--and thank goodness the whole place is no smoking. Just because I like to take my dogs doesn't mean we want a smelly, smoky room. Would definitely recommend.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Royersford
Hampton Inn Limerick-Philadelphia Area
Hilton Garden Inn Valley Forge/Oaks
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Limerick
Courtyard Philadelphia Valley Forge/Collegeville
Hampton Inn and Suites Valley Forge/Oaks
Comfort Inn & Suites Pottstown

Been to Staybridge Suites Royersford-Valley Forge? Share your experiences!