“"Goin' there for years"”

French Quarter Bistro
Ranked #11 of 54 Restaurants in Royersford
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 2nd Ave.
Description: Cajun/creole influenced restaurant and full service bar located in Royersford, Pa. We offer a varied menu, nightly specials, gourmet burgers,12 revolving craft beers on tap, & catering services. ‎
Reviewed 27 May 2014

I've tried many things on the menu but more often than note I can't resist the Meatloaf. It is killer! The beer selection is great and the menu is unusual in a very good way. The food is really very very good. As with any place that serves a nice selection of craft beef it doesn't take long to rack up a bill but beer drinkers know that. Doesn't look like much from the outside but don't let it fool you. It won't be your only trip there. And I'll bet you can't go in there more than two or three times and only order the meatloaf once. Your mom never made it like this.
Park on the street or in back. I've rarely had a problem. If you like great food, that you don't see on every menu and a nice beer served by a very pleasant staff, you'll love this place. Enjoy!!

1  Thank Larry H

Reviewed 15 April 2014

Truly a hidden gem. Food is amazing and they have a lot of nightly specials. Great drinks, my husband likes the craft beer selections and I am more of the Mixed drink special person. I highly recommend the Hurricane warning AWESOME. Parking can be an issue but hang in there it's worth it.

1  Thank RofoBeth
Reviewed 25 March 2014 via mobile

Food is amazing. You have to try the shrimp firecracker, Mac and cheese and basically all the appetizers. Great happy hour deals...4-6 m-f, dollar domestic drafts and half price apps!!!

Reviewed 23 March 2014

Live in the area and had no idea this restaurant was in my town and what a great surprise! Definitely a whole in the wall, upside down pizza and po boy were good and the fried pickles were great!

Reviewed 4 January 2014

Our friends recommended we try something new, so we tried this place on a Sat night. First off, no parking lot, so you take your chances finding on street parking (we were early and found a spot right across the street)

Service is very friendly, but a bit on the slow side. It took a bit if time to get anything from the bar, but the beer selection was worth the wait. MANY bottled beers, and a nice selection of beers on tap.

We were given cornbread to munch on, and I highly recommend the fried pickles ( huge portion, be prepared to share) The perogies were also very tasty.

I had the Cajun meatloaf (beef and andouille sausage with an amazing glaze) with mashed potatoes. The wife had the pizza (tasty sauce but burned crust) She's too nice to say anything, found out afterwards.

Our friends are vegetarians, and the kitchen was more than glad to modify the menu for them. They had what looked like a massive pot pie filled with vegetables and spices, and they said it was great.
Desert was a nice crem brûlée, and our friends had the Carmel Apple pie, both were delicious.

Seating is a bit tight, so you have to weave in and out between other couples, but it is a quiet, relaxing place to have a meal with friends.

It doesn't look like much from the outside, but the food more than makes up for some of the quirks. Try it, you'll like it.

1  Thank chuckq