“Super atmosphere. Wonderful bread. Topnotch spot.”

Saint Peters Bakery
Ranked #1 of 1 Dessert in Saint Peters
Cuisines: American
Description: this is a sweet bakery cafe in an old SE PA village, that was once a company town housing miners and granite quarry workers. Bakery cafe is in the old general store. Adorable and tasty!
Reviewed 23 November 2013

I have been meaning to go here for quite some time. Finally made it yesterday. St. Peters is a very small town, neat to have time slow down when you are there. I stopped in this Bakery and was not disappointed. I got a wonderful cup of Rooibos tea as well as 5 treats and a loaf of bread to go. I must say, the bread is all but gone, two pieces left and so are the treats. For a neat experience and great food/atmosphere, give this place a try. They have a lot of neat things going on, so check out there website. Pizza night looks like something I need to do sometime soon.

1  Thank jkwa2robbins

Reviewed 4 September 2013

I always make a point of going to St. Peters whenever I get back home to PA. This little cafe has become one of our favorite places to eat in the area. Their food is always freshly made and any of their baked goods are excellent. They have a nice balcony on the back that overlooks the rocks and you will probably hear the waterfall, too.

1  Thank blooknup
Reviewed 18 August 2013 via mobile

Great cup of coffee, excellent pastries, amazing view. I had the maple bourbon pecan pie and it was delicious. My daughter had a chocolate peanut butter torte and it was equally good.

Reviewed 15 July 2013

It was wonderful to find this place in a rural village in Chester County, Pa., near some historic sites I was visiting. I asked a staff person at the Hopewell Furnace National Historic Site where I could get some lunch and she directed me to St. Peter's village on French Creek, apparently famous for its water-filled abandoned quarry hole, which has its own paved parking lot. Anyway, I was looking for the sandwich shop she had mentioned and found this bakery that also makes sandwiches. The first thing you see when you walk in is a glass case filled with the most beautiful pastries and cookies, and happily, a chalkboard listing of sandwiches for this hungry camper. I ordered the "Pilgrim," with sliced turkey, cranberry sauce, and lettuce, tomato etc., on their bakery-made walnut/cranberry bread. It was fabulous. And I didn't know I was going to get, with the sandwich, a side of fresh field greens and sliced carrotts - a nice surprise. The iced tea, unsweetened was good too. This was a Saturday and the place was busy, but I got my sandwich in 10 minutes and enjoyed the happy people coming and going. Nice lunch, and afterward a bit of antique shopping, even some old books, my favorite thing, a few doors up. Nice place to visit.

2  Thank Deborah B
Reviewed 2 April 2013

Love driving to this cute little town, to hike/walk on the rocks, and in the summer wade through the creek. BUT we all LOVE Friday Night's there for the pizza...inside/outside depending on the weather. Pizza is AMAZING!!! Reasonably priced also! BYOB. Also purchased their Chocolate Mousse Brownie Cheesecake to bring for Easter Dessert...DIVINE!

4  Thank ninibeans1027