“Charming, friendly, comfortable”

Ranked #1 of 4 Saxonburg B&B and Inns
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Charming, friendly, comfortable”
Reviewed 24 May 2014

I came to Saxonburg for work and the Mainstay was recommended as a place to stay: I'm very glad! My room was really comfortable, *great* bed, bathroom (and everything else) spotless, and breakfast was convenient and delicious. And when I had to leave early am on the day of my departure, Jim got breakfast ready for me early. A thoughtful, lovely place in an absolutely delightful town.

Room Tip: Some rooms have bathrooms en suite, some across the hall -- but even if your bathroom is across the...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Erica362

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Meadville, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 25 April 2014

My sister, brother-in-law and I stayed at the Mainstay this past week because of a death in the family. The rooms were quiet and very comfortable, and we were able to greet cousins in the library, living room, and back patio very easily...which made everything like a home away from home. We were so happy for the relaxed atmosphere - it was one less thing to worry about with all of the other things we had to plan and arrange. Breakfast was also very laid-back and we were happy to be able to spend the time together. Definitely will come back again when visiting family in the area!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Patrick B
St. Catharines, Canada
Reviewed 4 November 2013

My humans recently stayed with me at the Mainstay for 2 nights. They often have difficulty finding quality lodgings that are willing to host dogs, but this time they really got it right - beautiful home with loads of character. I loved the upper deck and yard space, and my room was very comfortable too. I could tell from my view from my bed on the floor, that my humans were enjoying themselves too. I liked the house very much (I was permitted to sniff about) and the owner, Buddy, and his human, Jim, were excellent hosts and treated me like family. The wonderful smells coming from the vegan restaurant next door would cause any dog to salivate, and I enjoyed walking my humans along the beautifully refurbished Main Street. I thought our visit was rather short (I was looking forward to furthering my relationship with Buddy), but as humans do they rushed me off to a new destination, just when I was really starting to feel at home >sigh<. I would highly recommend to my fellow dogs that they bring their humans here for a visit. They won't be disappointed.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank leatherandharry
Pittsburgh
Reviewed 28 October 2013

Weekend at the Mainstay was everything others have noted- friendly, immaculate, relaxing and low key. Inn is wonderfully decorated, and host Jim was both knowledgeable and willing to share his insights into the region- which he obviously has embraced with passion. Enjoyed the convenience of the Artist Co-op across the street, the inviting bar and restaurant right next door, and best surprise of all, Randitas organic vegan cafe on the corner. Hope to return again soon and often.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Tom J
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed 4 October 2013

I recently stayed at the Mainstay while visiting family and am totally pleased with my experience. It was my first stay at a B and B and Jim and his canine assistant Buddy truly made me feel like a welcomed guest. I stayed in the Florida Suite (which was fun for me as I live in Florida) and enjoyed the deck for reading in the September sunshine. The Mainstay has historic charm, but all the modern conveniences a traveler would want - lots of outlets for charging electronics, free wi-fi, and a continental breakfast with a wide variety of choices. Jim was an attentive host, going so far as to call me at my sister's to advise me of an event going on that might affect traffic in town one night. I plan on staying at the Mainstay again and would certainly recommend it to others. Thanks Jim and Buddy for making my stay so enjoyable.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
4 Thank Cathy M M
Reviewed 28 July 2013

My husband and I stayed here while in town for business. The owner was extremely friendly, the room was clean, and the breakfast was delicious. The little town is adorable. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013
3 Thank Cshillito
Tallahassee, Florida
Reviewed 10 July 2013

Visiting family in the Natrona Heights area, the Mainstay offered a lovely, convenient location. Host Jim was most accommodating offering earlier than usual coffee and anything else to make our stay memorable. We would certainly stay again. The updated location was beautiful and offered all we needed and then some. Wish I could have taken our bathroom home with us! Thanks again, Jim, for a great stay!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank Chris L
Also consider these accommodations in or near Saxonburg
Comfort Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites
#2 of 8 in Butler
Hampton Inn Butler
Hampton Inn Butler
#1 of 8 in Butler
Days Inn Butler Conference Center
Home2 Suites by Hilton Pittsburgh / Cranberry, PA
Home2 Suites by Hilton Pittsburg...
#1 of 15 in Cranberry Township
SpringHill Suites Pittsburgh Mills
Locust Brook Lodge Bed & Breakfast

Been to The Mainstay at Saxonburg? Share your experiences!