“No mcomment”

Best Western Grand Victorian Inn
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Sayre
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Service very good, rooms clean, breakfast average,nice area and suroundings Staff very helpful and attentive, good clean place to stay,hard to find but good.,peaceful and pleasant in all respects. Will come back to visit again

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Vincent S, General Manager at Best Western Grand Victorian Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

Peter,

Thank you for your kind comments. Please come back and visit us soon.

There are newer reviews for Best Western Grand Victorian Inn

Reviewed 30 June 2014

Was a clean place with a good bed. Took dogs. Staff was friendly. Breakfast and food seemed OK but sub-par. Nice place to take your pet. Place is a little dated but clean and the staff have good customer service skills.

Walt,

Thank you and we do our best to accommodate those travelling with thei pets.

Reviewed 27 June 2014

Excellent staff. Eggs made to order! Non smoking hotel (even though most Best Westerns are not!). Room was clean and comfortable. Suggestions: move smoking area from just in front of front doors to side of building. Convenient location to downtown and to Robert Sayre hospital.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Vincent S, General Manager at Best Western Grand Victorian Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2014

Thank you so much. I am glad you enjoyed our complimentary breakfast.

Reviewed 22 June 2014

The hotel looks nice, new and well kept. However, The bed was hollowed out in the centre with no support to it. The shower pressure or lack there of was almost non-existent. I could wetter with a squirt gun. The in room fridge made noises all night and then the delivery trucks early in the morning at 5:30 woke us up with their back-up beepers right outside the window. At 8:00 AM went down for the breakfast and they were already out of syrup, orange juice and coffee. Went to Mcdonalds!! Mentioned the problems to the check out staff and "sorry" was all she had to say.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Vincent S, General Manager at Best Western Grand Victorian Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

Kurt,

I apologize that you were not happy at the breakfast. We were very busy and we did have to replenish the stock. We have always enjoyed good water pressure so I I will have the engineer check the shower head and mixing valve to ensure they are properly operating. We will replace as needed.

Reviewed 20 June 2014

I stayed at the Best Western, Sayre, PA for two nights: Fri and Sat, 6/13 and 6/14, checking out 6/15. The first night was very enjoyable and pleasant. The second night was hell. Early Sun morning, at 12:30 AM, I was awakened by the slamming of the door next to my room repeatedly, at least one dozen times. The ensuing sounds in the adjoining room clearly evidenced a loud teenage or early adult party was going on: shrieks, screams, thuds, loud laughter, etc. I called the front desk and informed the agent that either the noise would have to stop or I would have to be moved. He did not hesitate: he said he would be happy to move me. Let me be clear: I am a seasoned traveler. I have traveled extensively throughout the U.S. and abroad, for business and pleasure, for the past 30+ years. NEVER ONCE in all of that time have I ever had to move at 1 o'clock IN THE MORNING because of loud noise in an adjoining room because the hotel staff failed to control the noise. NEVER ONCE.To make matters worse, the front desk clerk acknowledged that he had seen the noisome residents in the adjoining room moving a "cooler" into the room! So, as a result of all this, in the middle of the night I was obliged to move myself and my belongings to the floor below, then to be placed in a room next to the elevator: a location that I had already told the front desk that I did not want to be. But I wasn't about to argue this point at 1:00 AM. The next morning, after hearing my complaint, the front desk clerk refunded 1/2 of the cost of the room, although I had to argue the point with her -- she did not display much sympathy and I felt humiliated to have to negotiate this situation with her. This disaster leads me to the conclusion that I will NEVER stay at a BW hotel again, and I will encourage all of my friends, relatives, business associates, and acquaintances to stay away from ANY Best Western.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Vincent S, General Manager at Best Western Grand Victorian Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2014

Laverne,

I apologize that the clerk moved your room instead of quieting the neighbors down. Though he is new, this was not the appropriate response you should have been given. I will issue a full refund for your second night. I hope you will try us again in the near future.

Reviewed 10 June 2014

Had to make plans for a wedding in the middle of nowhere, 4 hrs from home. bride suggested this hotel and 3 others and we chose this for pricing and what looked to be decent online. To our surprise it was better than just decent and we enjoyed our stay. Breakfast was awesome, a little bit of everything and free! The lounge was great with band. They were very accommodating for late checkout too which we really appreciated. We would go back there again

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Vincent S, General Manager at Best Western Grand Victorian Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

Thank you Maria. We are so happy you enjoyed your stay. I hope you enjoyed the wedding. Please come back and see us again.

Genera Manager

Reviewed 4 June 2014

Recently stayed here pre and post wedding celebrations for my brother. The greeting at the lobby was very pleasant and friendly, the room was clean and well kept, although we were at the back of the hotel, the room was a bit dark.. The staff all very friendly and breakfast was included however the timings were early so we missed breakfast a couple of morning. There is a pub on-site so we were able to meet up in the evenings and there was live bands a couple of the nights we were there.

Room Tip: Try and get a room at the front of the hotel as they have a balcony, also if you miss breakfast you...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Vincent S, General Manager at Best Western Grand Victorian Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

Trish,

Thank you for your positive comments. I hope you had a great time at the wedding. Please come back and see us again.

Vincent Sano

Also consider these accommodations in or near Sayre
Comfort Inn & Suites
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Sayre
Hampton Inn Sayre
Hampton Inn Sayre
#1 of 5 in Sayre
Candlewood Suites Sayre
Holiday Inn Express Owego
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Big Flats (Elmira)

Been to Best Western Grand Victorian Inn? Share your experiences!