“Birthday Cake”

Dining options: Takeout
Allentown, Pennsylvania, United States
“Birthday Cake”
Reviewed 9 December 2012

I ordered a cake with cake pros, 4wks ahead of the date it was needed (in order to ensure there was more than enough time to meet the specifications for the cake). I explained the cake needed to be large ,sheet cake,all black wrapped with a hot pink bow to look like a gift ....She took the flavors next and i also specifically said no whipped icing, only butter cream. The day of the party I arrived to pick up the cake, once at the party, it was unwrapped - only to see a WHITE cake, with black polka dots.(i NEVER wouldve "ok'd" ths bc the person whos birthday it was,HATES polka dots). When I called to bakery to see what happend, no one had any answers - they insisted I ordered it that way and offered to fix it if i drove it back to them.....This only irritated me - bc the cake was ordered 4wks prior - with simple instructions on the decor - black and pink...(im not sure how u manage to mess that up?!?) and the party was already starting,so this wasnt an option.......Then when i asked if it were possible to get money off - being i paid $100 for a cake that wasnt what i ordered they told me "no,the bossisnt here right now shell have to cll you back".....to which she never did......later at the party while cutting into the cake i should also mention we found a hair BAKED into it - and the icing i asked to be buttercream, whipped.....seems they are far from compitant there.Why take a order for color/flavor when your just going to do whatever you want anyway?!?! i will NEVER buy from them again

• Visited December 2012
29 Thank Mary K

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Best Bakery In the Area”
Reviewed 26 November 2012 via mobile

I have ordered two cakes and purchased many desserts from the Cake Pros, and all I can say is that the Cake Pros makes some amazing desserts!

The first time I ordered a cake, we brought it home to discover that the iced flowers on the cake had been smushed by the box lid. We called the Cake Pros and we rushed the cake to the shop. They fixed the mistake, delivered it to my house, and gave us a half dozen sticky buns free of charge! They are excellent to work with, and they really care about the customers.

In terms of desserts, the Cake Pros makes some pretty excellent desserts! I recommend their red velvet cake/cupcakes, white cake, and iced decorated cookies (if they have them). Check this place out! I can guarantee that you'll be back!

5 Thank morganbates