“OK restaurant !”

Summit View Restaurant
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 4 March 2014

We probably dine there about 3-4 times a year.

Have a lovely salad bar with numerous items. Also 2 kind of soup, but do not recommend the Clam chowder, it is not a chowder, more like regular soup consistency. Also have 3 kind of breads to choose from.

Never had a bad main course, but has never been impressed either. Normally have a steak.

The lightning leaves a lot to be desired, very dark, especially if seated in the bar area.

We normally go there on a Saturday, which is quite busy. While the Servers are nice, not always capable of giving good service, perhaps because of so many guests.

As someone else commented, can be very cold by the window.

Reviewed 8 December 2013 via mobile

We went at night so not much to see. Waitress was very pleasant & helpful when I queried her about some of the food options & ingredients. Large menu to choose from. Salad bar was very nice. We had a nice time visiting with family. One caution though, if you sit by the window at night in the winter, it is cold. I had to keep my coat on.

Reviewed 30 November 2013

So, so disappointed! Thought we would give them one more try, but sad to say it was awful! I have waitressed for 16 years and it doesn't matter what type of day you are having, you still need to put on a happy face and be friendly at your job. Our evening started out with a somber, unhappy wait staff. But what made the evening worse, was the fact that the food was horrible! I must say the only thing that was ok with Summit View is there salad bar. Initially when we went in, the only thing I was going to order was the salad bar, based on previous experiences. However, I was so hungry that I decided to order a meal. I ordered the Chicken Mediterranean. The chicken was not done! I sent it back and they admitted that it was not done and then proceeded to re-heat it. I still couldn't bring myself to eat very much of it since the chicken was pretty much tastless and spongy. It really reminded me of frozen chicken that was definitely not fresh. We feel for the money you pay for the meals, they should at least use fresh meats. The broccoli with cheese sauce was literally one small floret with cold, runny cheese. My husband ordered Chicken a la Summit. It was tasteless and bland, loaded with mushrooms and congealed goo. He usually never complains, but he definitely did not like his meal. It is sad, because the restaurant has a nice view and it is conveniently located for us, but that is all it has. Ironically, as we were leaving we had a conversation with another couple sitting near us. We asked them how they enjoyed their meal. They said it was horrible. They had also been there before and had a bad meal previously, but thought they would give them one more try, and sadly, they too said they will never go back again. Don't waste your time or money with Summit View.

1  Thank chicshimmers
Reviewed 21 October 2013

Took my son and his wife there for their anniversary. Food was just OK. Twice baked potatoes were terrible. Small portions for the price my wife had broccoli with her meal she got two whole flowerets. Clam chowder should be called potato soup. Been going there for years but will not be back for a long time.

1  Thank Hummley
Reviewed 8 August 2013

An unpretentious restaurant with a great location and a stellar menu. There were 3 of us and I selected the unique "Pick 2" combo of a 12oz Prime Rib au jus with one broiled crab cake. The prime rib was juicy without the "au jus" and the crab cake was very meaty and flavorful. My daughter enjoyed a hearty portion of breaded chicken fingers and my wife raved about the variety of selections at the salad bar. The service was timely and friendly. Even on a cloudy late afternoon, the view of Blue Mountain was great! If you visit Schuylkill County, the Summit View is a must.

1  Thank MiddletownDave