“Mid-Range Accommodations on a Budget”

Comfort Inn Selinsgrove
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Selinsgrove
Ann Arbor
“Mid-Range Accommodations on a Budget”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 October 2012

The travel to Selinsgrove was for work, and had to fit within a very modest budget. This property is a more than a little dog-eared as it sits right on the highway, is in need of updating and renovation (which it is currently undergoing), and all-in-all, can appear to be past its prime. That said, and considering they are updating the exterior of the property, the rooms were perfectly comfortable and clean, beds were very nice and the bathroom cleanliness and amenities were a real steal for the price. Breakfast is not worth one's time or stomach, and the dining area is far too small to accommodate more than 12-15 medium sized persons.

I needed space and comfort during this business visit and they delivered. The cleaning staff was exceptional as my room was sparkling on each day of the visit. My standard room was spacious, moreso than one finds at comparable hotels

Not the place for a romantic get-away, but for the more utilitarian duties of life, the hotel staff go out of their way to make this mid-range property as comfortable as possible. If working in Selinsgrove again, I would not hesitate to stay there.

Being that both Bucknell University and Susquehanna University are right in that valley, there are a lot of properties on Hwy 11 that get a lot of traffic, which may account for the slightly higher rates than one might expect for this region.

Room Tip: I stayed on the ground floor and found the upstairs noise to be well contained and perfectly quiet...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
carolyn w, Manager at Comfort Inn Selinsgrove, responded to this review, 19 December 2012
Thank you very much for your response. Feedback from our guests is vital for the hotel staff to improve and for training purposes. I appreciate the comments on the cleanliness of the room and will give the information to my staff.

We continue to upgrade & improve all areas of the hotel and your suggestions will help us going forward.

Please consider us again when in the area. Thank you for your business!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Monmouth County, NJ
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 September 2012

I'm trying to rate this hotel fairly. The outside lot is in the middle of a renovation...huge hole in the entrance! I'm pretty sure this will be fixed. The inside lobby and our room was recently redone, nothing fancy but acceptable. Some things I could tell were reused, i.e., bathroom door, faucets. Beds felt a little mushy. The room was clean and reception extremely pleasant and helpful (very nice front desk staff). I can't decide if I would go back, but I'm not sure what other hotels are in the area. Breakfast was included which was normal continental breakfast with waffles - very good and area was very clean. If the rate was a little bit lower, I think I would say it was worth the price - just not sure it was worth the approximately $100 total.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
carolynw23, Manager at Comfort Inn Selinsgrove, responded to this review, 20 December 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a response on our hotel. Guest feedback is vital for our constant improvements, for training purposes and for on going renovations. I have shared this information with my staff and ownership and appreciate your candid comments. We hope when you are in the area again you will consider staying with us at the Selinsgrove Comfort Inn. Thank you for your business!
Buffalo NY
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2012

I'm upgrading my rating since my stay here a few years ago. Everything was fine then, but seemed a bit nicer now. The room was more nicely decorated, the bed and bedding more comfortable and the breakfast offered additional selections. Still a great value for the money!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Glenside, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2012

We have stayed here twice, and will be returning. While the accommodations are about average, the staff is excellent and the included breakfast is quite good for a freebie. Best value in Selinsgrove.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank tc82193
Upstate, NY
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2012

this hotel was easy to find, a good value and clean. the free breakfast was very good by free breakfast standards-several hot food selections

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank shaff01
Philadelphia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2012

Stayed here for 2012 PIAA State Swimming Championships. VERY efficient front desk staff. literally had us checked in in under a minute. Friendly and very helpful. Room was very clean but a bit small for a room with two Queen beds. Sheets felt a little rough but I have very sensitive ski so that may have had something to do with it. Water in the shower felt a little hard but it was not a big deal. Didn't have time to stay for breakfast but it definitely smelled very good. Very easy to get to from Bucknell and right next to the Susquehanna Mall. At $272 for 2 nights it was a little pricey but I had no major issues. They also got us checked out very, very fast. Customer service is first rate. It's about 15 minutes from Bucknell on Route 15. Make sure door shuts behind you. Our room's door did not, luckily we caught it as we were walking out.

Room Tip: If you are heading up for PIAA State Swimming Champs, book early!
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Sean C
Also consider these accommodations in or near Selinsgrove
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Selinsgrove
Hampton Inn Selinsgrove / Shamokin Dam
Comfort Suites Lewisburg
Comfort Suites Lewisburg
#4 of 8 in Lewisburg
BEST WESTERN PLUS Country Cupboard Inn
Holiday Inn Express Lewisburg/New Columbia
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lewisburg

Been to Comfort Inn Selinsgrove? Share your experiences!