“Great Service and Atmosphere”
Review of Isabella

Isabella
Ranked #8 of 41 Restaurants in Selinsgrove
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 1 August 2014

We stopped in for dinner while in town for a family reunion. We were seated immediately and were greeted by our server. Our server was attentive and the service was great. I had the Veal Marsala which tasted good, but there no hint of Marsala wine in it. It had a type of brown gravy that tasted ok, but it was not the Veal Marsala I was used to. My companion had the crab cake which was very good. We did enjoy our experience there and if we are ever in town again we will certainly visit this restaurant.

1  Thank TFB-1

Reviewed 30 July 2014

This is the place to go if you want ambiance. Linen table cloths and napkins, upholstered chairs, marble.... Italian food that is amazing. Fantastic service. It is a bit pricey for the area if you order certain items. However, basics are priced equivalent to other resteraunts. While this is upscale dining, attire can be casual. This is the place for that special occasion.

2  Thank mpup2014
Reviewed 28 May 2014

The restaurant is set in an old bank building. In fact, in the bar, you'll see the old vault! Beautiful surroundings and great service. They are always accommodating with my meal. The servings are generous and even after traveling through Italy, they have the BEST bruscetta I've ever had!

Reviewed 18 May 2014

Good service. Liked the Pretty room; it is an old bank building. Food is good, not outstanding, but tasty

Reviewed 12 May 2014

Isabella is an unexpected surprise for such a small town. The restaurant is a beautifully restored bank, circa 1930, and the staff is warm, very accommodating, and provides excellent service. The hostess was extremely attentive to my elderly parents, and our excellent waitress Michelle quickly provided out cocktails and appetizers (by the way, the bartender makes a perfect vodka Gimlet...no small feat!). The calamari was fresh and prepared in an unusual but tasty light batter, and the shrimp cocktail was enormous. This was followed by the best Caesar salad I've had outside of Baltimore or DC, and my Veal Parmigiana was delicious. The rest of our party also enjoyed their entrees, especially the Lobster Ravioli and the signature Penne Isabella. The portions were so generous that we sadly couldn't sample their desserts. I highly recommend this beautiful and charming restaurant. I hope to soon return!

Been to Isabella? Share your experiences!