“Plesantly Surprised”
Review of Tokyo Diner - CLOSED

Tokyo Diner
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed 14 February 2014

I love Bennihana and went here as a skeptic. We I found the food to be better, less expensive and the staff to be more attentive especially the chefs. They conversed entertained and engaged those at the table. We will be back again soon.

Reviewed 27 December 2013

I enjoyed watching the performance of the hibachi chef. He did a pretty good job. I thought the food was very good. I had a California roll and my family got the hibachi. They must have liked it as they all took their remainders home. The next day I got food to go; miso soup, California rolls, and seaweed salad. All were terrific! I spoke at length with "Jason" who is very savy about sushi and Japanese food in general; he is a culinary student. I enjoyed our chat. If you are ordering sushi you might want to consult him about what was just delivered; they get their deliveries every day.

Reviewed 30 November 2013 via mobile

I went here with my husband many times prior to this visit and was always satisfied. Today we took my two year old daughter. We had the onion soup, salad with ginger dressing and hibachi. I had scallops and steak while my husband had steak and chicken. Meals were well prepared with excitement at the communal hibachi. It was very entertaining and the chef was particularly attentive to my daughter. I fear she will only want to dine in the "fire restaurant" after this experience. The outside/inside is not decorated in the most appealing way but the food is very good. I look forward to my next visit.

Reviewed 20 February 2013

If you like hibachi or better than half-decent sushi, this is a good stop in Selinsgrove. It is built in to the Comfort Inn, and looks aren't deceiving -- it's not a fantastic looking place inside or out. But you will find a full-service bar, hibachi tables and chefs, and some decent sushi (especially considering it's in the middle of nowhere, for the most part.) This is probably our favorite restaurant in the area for good food at a good price.