“Clean and friendly”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Selinsgrove
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Selinsgrove
Reviewed 18 January 2014 via mobile

Front desk staff seemed genuinely happy to check us in, offered us cookies and a smile.
After unpacking, I realized I forgot my toothbrush went down yo the front desk to ask for help. I was given a free brush (flimsy but functional for one or two uses) and a shower cap when I requested one, again with a smile.
Room was clean, had a fridge and microwave. Hotel was extremely quiet.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
CBuckGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Selinsgrove, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2014

Thank You for taking the time to post your review of our Brand New Holiday Inn Express & Suites Selinsgrove. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay and just as delighted to have you choose our hotel. I have shared your review with our staff and everyone is pleased that you noticed that they enjoy serving our guests. Thank You, again - we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 15 January 2014

New/Excellent hotel. Fresh & clean. Large/roomy rooms. All staff was super friendly and courteous. Fresh Cookies and buffet breakfast available. Only negative; hotel is adjacent to another hotel-entrance/parking seemed a little tight. Not a complaint, but if you care about view, ours was of adjacent hotel roof/highway. In the past we have stayed at a few other hotels in the area. Our family will definitely stay at this HI Express again as long as it continues to stay clean & courteous.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for posting your review of our Holiday Inn Express & Suites Selinsgrove. We appreciate your honest review and are delighted that you were pleased with our property. Our staff would also like to thank you for noticing and thier efforts toward your satisfaction. We look forward to having you back with us.

Reviewed 27 December 2013

My 2 nights at this hotel over Christmas were hotel perfection. It began with Andy describing the rooms and then upgrading me to a suite. This really gave me some space to rest in between family visits. The hotel was extremely quiet. Everything is new, immaculate, lovely. They honor federal employee discount with just a federal ID, unlike other hotels in the area that require a work order. This is definitely the finest hotel available in this area. I believe it was the manager Connie who worked Christmas day [so her staff could be with family] and was so friendly and welcoming. I felt right at home!

The breakfast buffet was yummy. Bagels, various breads and pasteries, chipped beef in gravy and fresh biscuits, scrambled eggs [that were not too salty, yea!!], hard boiled eggs, all types of cereal, hot, cold, sugary and not sugary. The coffee here was surprisingly good; I am a coffee snob and often take my own to hotels. Both the room coffee and especially the breakfast buffet coffee was terrific and very fresh and hot..

The staff here clearly care a great deal about their guests and the property. Holiday Inn is fortunate to have such dedicated and friendly staff. I highly recommend this hotel.

I found the bed to be perfect; not too firm or soft. The linens were fresh and smooth as were the cushy towels. I loved having so many nice and various firmness of pillows. The heating/cooling was not too loud and the room warmed quickly. The large flat screen was GREAT for watching Christmas movies. There were extra cushy blankets and pillows in a plastic case in the closet.

I travel a lot and have stayed in many hotels. This is now in my top 5 favorite hotels. Congratulations to the wonderful staff and thank you for making my stay stress free and comfortable. I stayed in room 326.

Room Tip: I had a 3rd floor east facing room, which I requested so I could get the morning light. It overlook...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
CBuckGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Selinsgrove, responded to this reviewResponded 29 December 2013

Thank You so very much for posting your glowing review of our New Holiday Inn Express & Suites Selinsgrove. We are delighted that you chose to spend your holiday with us. I have shared your review with our staff and everyone is delighted that you took the time to post your much appreciated comments. Each valued team member plays a key role in our guests' experience. We are proud that you consider us one of your favorite hotels and look forward to seeing you again. Thank You again - You helped to make our holiday brighter!

Reviewed 26 December 2013

My boyfriend and I were in town for a wedding and stayed 2 nights. We checked in fairly late and called ahead which wasn't a problem at all. Upon check in we requested a room change to stay on the same floor as our friends - also not a problem. The room was clean, modern with a mini fridge, microwave, coffee maker and iron. Beds were comfy with plenty of pillows. We didn't make it to breakfast either day but the afternoon cookies and always coffee was great. The nice staff at the front desk even handed us bottled water just so we didn't have to walk out to the car. The location was very convenient. Right off the major highway and next to a mall and Wal-Mart. I booked on Price Line so the rates were extremely reasonable. This is a great Holiday Inn Express. We would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
CBuckGM, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Selinsgrove, responded to this reviewResponded 27 December 2013

Thank You so much for taking the time to post your review of our New Holiday Inn Express & Suties Selinsgrove. We are delighted that you chose our hotel and we all enjoyed having you with us. Guests such as yourselves brighten our day. It was a pleasure to host your stay. I've shared your review with our staff and everyone is pleased that you noticed their efforts toward your satisfaction. Happy Holidays! We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 21 December 2013

Everything was clean and new. Beds were comfortable. The room had microwave and fridge coffee maker. Complimentary water and snacks. Great stay and price will stay again. Great job to the cleaning staff and front staff great service!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
CBuckGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Selinsgrove, responded to this reviewResponded 27 December 2013

We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us at our New Holiday Inn Express & Suites, Selinsgrove. Our staff would like you to know that everyone appreciates your having taken the time to post your review of your stay. There is no better employee motivator than our guest's positive comments. We all enjoyed hosting your stay and look forward to welcoming you back in the future. Happy Holidays to you and yours.

Reviewed 5 November 2013

I travel for business to various locations in PA, MD & DE. The customer service at the hotel is second to none! Everyone who works there is so friendly and helpful, from the custodial staff to the breakfast hostess to the front desk! Great job, Connie!!!! I wanted an idea of a good place to take a walk last week since the weather was so nice. They guided me to the Marina state park and made sure I knew how to get there. Cecilia (breakfast hostess) even suggested that she and her son would take me to the overview of the mountain the next time I visit! Thanks for making my business stay so much fun! You all make me feel like part of the family!!!
Carol B.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
CBuckGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Selinsgrove, responded to this reviewResponded 9 November 2013

Thank you for your kind and thoughtful review of your stay with us at our New Holiday Inn Express & Suites Selinsgrove. I've shared your review with all the staff and everyone has asked me to let you know how they appreciate your kind comments as well as your having mentioned them and their service to you. We are pleased that you enjoyed the weather during your walk at the Shikellamy State Park Marina. The location Celia has in mind is even closer to our hotel - the Shikellamy Overlook is a woodsy state park that overlooks the Susquehanna River confluence. There are walking trails as well as a breathtaking view to be enjoyed. We look forward to your future return, Carol, and we will be happy to assist you with further exploration of the Susquehanna River Valley. Thank you for choosing our hotel. It was delightful to host your stay.

Reviewed 26 October 2013

Hotel is newer. Very clean. Walls are thin and you can hear everything in the hallway, including all doors when they close. The beds were comfy but the pillows were not my thing. I have stayed in 8 hotels since the summer and it seems that all are going to the fluffy looking pillow that collapses the moment you lay on it.

Breakfast - perfect. The eggs were delicious. Great variety. Area was clean. Celia was the one in charge at the time and she was a doll. She saw my daughter needed a fork so she got her one. She also got her cream cheese. My hands were full and she would have had to wait a minute. Celia also engaged in a conversation with my 5yr old daughter about her hair (we were there for a gymnastics competition).

Food items seemed fresh and very well stocked.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
CBuckGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Selinsgrove, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2013

Thank you for your honest review of our New Holiday Inn Express & Suites in Selinsgrove. We are delighted you chose to stay with us. I have shared your comments with our staff and Celia expecially wishes you to know that she appreciates your kind comments concerning her sevice to you and your daughter. We hope you enjoyed the gymnastics competition and look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Selinsgrove
Comfort Suites Lewisburg
Hampton Inn Selinsgrove / Shamokin Dam
Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Lewisburg, PA
Best Western Plus Country Cupboard Inn
Holiday Inn Express Lewisburg/New Columbia

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites Selinsgrove? Share your experiences!