“An excellent choice!”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Selinsgrove
Baltimore, Maryland
“An excellent choice!”
Reviewed 22 February 2014

The hotel search in Selinsgrove was rather limited. There was only a $1 a night difference between the Holiday Inn Express and the Comfort Inn next door, and boy am I ever glad I chose the former. The staff were incredibly friendly and welcoming and my check-in was made even better with the offer of fresh cookies. The rooms are in excellent shape and very clean. The hotel itself even still smelled new! My room was very quiet even for having a view of the road. The king bed was extremely comfortable and made for an excellent sleep. The breakfast selection was great and fresh. If I'm ever in the area again, I won't even have a choice about where I'm staying!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
CBuckGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Selinsgrove, responded to this review, 23 February 2014
Thank You from all of us for your candid review of our property. I've shared your review with our team and everyone asked me to tell you how much we appreciate your comments concerning your satisfaction with our breakfast, our staff service to you and the comfort and cleanliness of your room. We also enjoyed the photos you posted on TripAdvisor. It was a delight to host your stay in the Selinsgrove area. Thank you for choosing us! We look forward to your future return.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
PA & FLA
Reviewed 16 February 2014

I think I kinda' nailed it in my introductory sentence. This is just the kind of place that you <<hope>> to find when an overnight stay is on your agenda. Just opened in June 2013, it is still new and maintained impeccably. All the usual Holiday Inn Express features are here. Andrew at the front desk in a gem of a guy, and he went out of his way to accommodate us, with my wife having a temporary medical issue. Of what it is, it is as good as it gets. Have no hesitation staying here!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
CBuckGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Selinsgrove, responded to this review, 17 February 2014
On behalf of all the staff at our Holiday Inn Express & Suites in Selinsgrove I would like to thank you for posting your review of your recent stay with us. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay and that you noticed how much we care about our property and our guests. I've shared your review with our staff and everyone appreciates your comments. Andy, especially, would like you to know that he appreciates your mention of his service to you. We wish you both well and look forward to seeing you again in the future.
Annapolis, Maryland
Reviewed 11 February 2014

If you are traveling on 11/15 and need a place to stay I would highly recommend this Holiday Inn Express. The rooms were clean and quiet. The staff was friendly and it seems like a lot of care goes into maintaining this hotel.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Jennifer W
CBuckGM, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Selinsgrove, responded to this review, 14 February 2014
Thank you for posting your review of our Holiday Inn Express & Suites of Selinsgrove. We are delighted that you took the time to let everyone know you enjoyed your stay with us. I've shared your reveiw with our staff and everyone is pleased that you noticed the care invested by each team member. Our goal is for each valued guest to enjoy a positive experience. Your review is a wonderful and positive reinforcement vehicle. We all thank you again for choosing Holiday Inn Express and look forward to seeing you again.
usa
Reviewed 18 January 2014 via mobile

Front desk staff seemed genuinely happy to check us in, offered us cookies and a smile.
After unpacking, I realized I forgot my toothbrush went down yo the front desk to ask for help. I was given a free brush (flimsy but functional for one or two uses) and a shower cap when I requested one, again with a smile.
Room was clean, had a fridge and microwave. Hotel was extremely quiet.

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
CBuckGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Selinsgrove, responded to this review, 20 January 2014
Thank You for taking the time to post your review of our Brand New Holiday Inn Express & Suites Selinsgrove. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay and just as delighted to have you choose our hotel. I have shared your review with our staff and everyone is pleased that you noticed that they enjoy serving our guests. Thank You, again - we hope to see you again soon.
East Coast
Reviewed 15 January 2014

New/Excellent hotel. Fresh & clean. Large/roomy rooms. All staff was super friendly and courteous. Fresh Cookies and buffet breakfast available. Only negative; hotel is adjacent to another hotel-entrance/parking seemed a little tight. Not a complaint, but if you care about view, ours was of adjacent hotel roof/highway. In the past we have stayed at a few other hotels in the area. Our family will definitely stay at this HI Express again as long as it continues to stay clean & courteous.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for posting your review of our Holiday Inn Express & Suites Selinsgrove. We appreciate your honest review and are delighted that you were pleased with our property. Our staff would also like to thank you for noticing and thier efforts toward your satisfaction. We look forward to having you back with us.
Maryland
Reviewed 27 December 2013

My 2 nights at this hotel over Christmas were hotel perfection. It began with Andy describing the rooms and then upgrading me to a suite. This really gave me some space to rest in between family visits. The hotel was extremely quiet. Everything is new, immaculate, lovely. They honor federal employee discount with just a federal ID, unlike other hotels in the area that require a work order. This is definitely the finest hotel available in this area. I believe it was the manager Connie who worked Christmas day [so her staff could be with family] and was so friendly and welcoming. I felt right at home!

The breakfast buffet was yummy. Bagels, various breads and pasteries, chipped beef in gravy and fresh biscuits, scrambled eggs [that were not too salty, yea!!], hard boiled eggs, all types of cereal, hot, cold, sugary and not sugary. The coffee here was surprisingly good; I am a coffee snob and often take my own to hotels. Both the room coffee and especially the breakfast buffet coffee was terrific and very fresh and hot..

The staff here clearly care a great deal about their guests and the property. Holiday Inn is fortunate to have such dedicated and friendly staff. I highly recommend this hotel.

I found the bed to be perfect; not too firm or soft. The linens were fresh and smooth as were the cushy towels. I loved having so many nice and various firmness of pillows. The heating/cooling was not too loud and the room warmed quickly. The large flat screen was GREAT for watching Christmas movies. There were extra cushy blankets and pillows in a plastic case in the closet.

I travel a lot and have stayed in many hotels. This is now in my top 5 favorite hotels. Congratulations to the wonderful staff and thank you for making my stay stress free and comfortable. I stayed in room 326.

Room Tip: I had a 3rd floor east facing room, which I requested so I could get the morning light. It overlook...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
CBuckGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Selinsgrove, responded to this review, 29 December 2013
Thank You so very much for posting your glowing review of our New Holiday Inn Express & Suites Selinsgrove. We are delighted that you chose to spend your holiday with us. I have shared your review with our staff and everyone is delighted that you took the time to post your much appreciated comments. Each valued team member plays a key role in our guests' experience. We are proud that you consider us one of your favorite hotels and look forward to seeing you again. Thank You again - You helped to make our holiday brighter!
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 26 December 2013

My boyfriend and I were in town for a wedding and stayed 2 nights. We checked in fairly late and called ahead which wasn't a problem at all. Upon check in we requested a room change to stay on the same floor as our friends - also not a problem. The room was clean, modern with a mini fridge, microwave, coffee maker and iron. Beds were comfy with plenty of pillows. We didn't make it to breakfast either day but the afternoon cookies and always coffee was great. The nice staff at the front desk even handed us bottled water just so we didn't have to walk out to the car. The location was very convenient. Right off the major highway and next to a mall and Wal-Mart. I booked on Price Line so the rates were extremely reasonable. This is a great Holiday Inn Express. We would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
CBuckGM, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Selinsgrove, responded to this review, 27 December 2013
Thank You so much for taking the time to post your review of our New Holiday Inn Express & Suties Selinsgrove. We are delighted that you chose our hotel and we all enjoyed having you with us. Guests such as yourselves brighten our day. It was a pleasure to host your stay. I've shared your review with our staff and everyone is pleased that you noticed their efforts toward your satisfaction. Happy Holidays! We hope to see you again soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Selinsgrove
Hampton Inn Selinsgrove / Shamokin Dam
Comfort Suites Lewisburg
#4 of 8 in Lewisburg
Holiday Inn Express Lewisburg/New Columbia
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lewisburg

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites Selinsgrove? Share your experiences!