“Used to be great”

BJ's Steak & Rib House
Reserve with OpenTable
BJ's Steak & Rib House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 40 Restaurants in Selinsgrove
Cross street: Pine Street
Selinsgrove, Pennsylvania
“Used to be great”
Reviewed 12 September 2013

This place used to be great! Then what happened? They made the menu smaller, took off some of my favorites and significantly raised the prices. I know times are hard and times are tough and I don't mind paying for a great meal but this place leaves me wanting more. If you go, get the bongo bongo dip, it is wonderful. Definitely get a long island ice tea because they haven't changed these and they are THE BEST. Don't get the crab cakes, dont get the steak...who pays that much for beef?....the salad wedge is good. The ribs are of course always good. Disappointing, as a couple of years ago I went here every Saturday night..now I go once a year....what a shame.

• Visited September 2013

Morristown, New Jersey
“Best Place to Eat in Selingsgrove”
Reviewed 5 September 2013

BJ's is the best place to eat in Selinsgrove. Good quality food priced appropriately for a higher end restaurant. It has a large seafood raw bar. The steaks and seafood are all delicious. Very good caesar salad. Fresh, tasty breads come with the meals. Be careful, the corn bread is addicting. Good selection of wine and cocktails, although they are a little pricey. Nice atmosphere and you can sit outside in good weather. Beware of the bees if you sit next to the flower boxes on the windows. Service is excellent. Reservations recommended.

Visited August 2013
Endicott, New York, United States
“Nice experience, good food.”
Reviewed 27 August 2013

Nice bar, and oyster bar slection was good. We had a 24 oz. dryed aged Porterhourse - sharing any steak over 18 oz. with adding the sides for only an additional $6.50 was a great idea! The bread basket was so-so, but the Wedge salad was really good and filling. The steak was very flavorful and cooked perfectly to our very rare request. We both tried the seasonal creamed corn which was delicious! The courses moved along quickly, almost too quickly. If you want to relax a bit, I'd suggest you delay your entree order by a bit. Overall, the experience was pleasant and food was good. We would visit again when in town.

• Visited August 2013
Northumberland, Pennsylvania, United States
“Do not get crab cakes”
Reviewed 29 July 2013 via mobile

The first time my husband and I went we liked this place. The steaks were good and so was the service. So we went back for my birthday, and I decided to treat myself to their house special crab cakes. Huge mistake. There was NO crab. It was bread, celery, and who knows what else in a mushy pile on my plate. I was extremely disappointed. We haven't been back. It's a shame.

• Visited January 2013
Bloomsburg
“Average food. Good beer”
Reviewed 22 July 2013

I want to like this place, buti always leave thinking the food was average. We ate their early on the day of the brewfest( one of the first patrons) and waited quite a bit for our sandwiches. The French fries were just the kind out of a freezer bag and the meatloaf was bland. Nice selection of beers. Has outdoor seating.

Visited July 2013