“Surprisingly good! Especially for the area!”

BJ's Steak & Rib House
Reserve with OpenTable
BJ's Steak & Rib House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 40 Restaurants in Selinsgrove
Price range: US$25 - US$35
Cuisines: American, Bar, Steakhouse
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly, Bar Scene, Groups, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Pine Street
PA & FLA
“Surprisingly good! Especially for the area!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2014

Wife & I are in the area this evening and despite the less than stellar reviews here, we decided to partake. We both had terrific meals in an incredibly comfortable atmosphere. She had the small strip steak, It was prepared exactly as asked and was delicious.Her salad was also delicious. I had the BBQ sampler plate. Considering that I was obviously not in Memphis or Kansas City, it was pretty darn good and I would certainly order it or components again. Of note was the wonderful bread basket with the corn bread as well as cinnamon butter. Also, the Cole Slaw was great! We were too full for dessert,,,,We have no problem returning here when in the area again, likewise, I recommend you coming here too!

• Visited February 2014

Maryland
“Frozen food, too salty”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 December 2013

This is only average. Some of the food is clearly frozen and pre-cooked. I rate this mediocre at best. Their prime rib was totally disgusting; it was so salty I could not eat it and it had a chemical taste to it, probably from something to tenderize it. Steer clear of this place, plenty of other good choices in Selinsgrove and area.

Visited March 2013
Selinsgrove, Pennsylvania
“Shared a steak”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2013

Husband and I have been hot and cold with this restaurant over the years. This visit was great...we had oysters off of the oyster bar, they were delicious..don't know how to spell it but it was something like Tallohouse Oysters were the best. We then shared a 24 ounce steak, add 6.95 and get two baked potatoes and two salads. The steak was done medium, red all the way through, just the way we liked it. It was char on the outside and nice and red/pink on the inside, delicious. The baked potatoes could have been done a tad more but were still okay. My husband got the wedge salad which he loves and I got the casear salad, it was perfect, large pieces of parmesian. We had wine and a free beer with the steak as well as a 5 dollar complimentary gift certificate for future use..which you receive when you do a larger steak right now. Total bill was 69 dollars. Happy with the dining experience and will be going back this Friday.

• Visited November 2013
Middletown
“Average food for the price”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2013

Ordered a medium steak which was on the pricey side so I expected something great but got a charred outside and slightly pink to no pink, Baked potato was hard and crispy but the wedges salad was great and considering it was $24 I was a bit disappointed. Others got burgers and sandwiches all priced from $10 to $12 and came with your choice of fries or potato salad which all said tasted good but not $12 good. The Bongo Bongo dips was great but again the portion did not match the price. The decor was nice but soap dispenser was apart and laying on the bathroom sink. If in the neighborhood I may stop again but there was nothing giving me the urge to go back.

• Visited October 2013
Coplay, Pennsylvania
“Small town feel”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 October 2013

Stopped in for a family dinner after discovering the restaurant while passing through Selinsgrove. Interesting building, with several floors of dining, outdoor seating and a second floor balcony to dine on. Menu was filled with an enticing amount of steak and seafood options, which made our entire group happy. We ordered the fried pickles as an appetizer (they were good), but our entrees were hit and miss. The filet was decent, the crab cake good, but the braised ribs were overly fatty. The drink selection was good, with some local beer and wine offerings. Overall, it was an OK dining experience.

Visited September 2013