“Excellent service, pretty good food”

BJ's Steak & Rib House
Reserve with OpenTable
BJ's Steak & Rib House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 40 Restaurants in Selinsgrove
Price range: US$25 - US$35
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Pine Street
Reviewed 18 March 2014

This is a comfortable, friendly place where the desserts and drinks are a bit better than the food, which is certainly not bad, just not excellent. My wife's steak was tough, my scallops perfectly done with an excellent potato pancake, but the serving of scallops was a little skimpy, whereas the peanut-butter chocolate cake was enormous — and excellent.

There are newer reviews for BJ's Steak & Rib House

Reviewed 4 March 2014

A tad expensive for the amount of food you receive. The last couple of visits I made to BJs, I did not get a good value to food ratio.
On a good note, the service was good.

Reviewed 4 March 2014

Not impressed with the entrees. Appetizers, especially the Bongo Bongo Dip is good. A good variety of cocktails.

Reviewed 22 February 2014 via mobile

We went to BJ's for a late Valentine's day dinner. They offer a full menu until their closing time (which I believe is 1 or 2AM), we arrived at approx 10:30PM. We split a ribeye steak and paid the $6 to have it split into two meals. Basically we ended up getting one steak, two sides, two salads, and two beers for $50. I would have been upset if I had paid $10 for that steak. It must have been frozen and they thawed it in the microwave prior to cooking it, (we ordered it medium rare) because it came out with the outer 1/2" inch cooked to a rind and it had a burnt meat taste. My wife's garlic mashed potatoes tasted like plastic so I'm assuming they were done up in the microwave as well. She said her beer tastes funny and she thought it was due to the mashed potatoes so I took one small bite and then a drink of beer and she was right, it left such a bad taste the beer didn't taste right afterward. BJ's used to be our favorite place to celebrate special events, but the last few times we've been very underwhelmed with the food. The service, as usual, was great.

Reviewed 16 February 2014

Wife & I are in the area this evening and despite the less than stellar reviews here, we decided to partake. We both had terrific meals in an incredibly comfortable atmosphere. She had the small strip steak, It was prepared exactly as asked and was delicious.Her salad was also delicious. I had the BBQ sampler plate. Considering that I was obviously not in Memphis or Kansas City, it was pretty darn good and I would certainly order it or components again. Of note was the wonderful bread basket with the corn bread as well as cinnamon butter. Also, the Cole Slaw was great! We were too full for dessert,,,,We have no problem returning here when in the area again, likewise, I recommend you coming here too!