“Great place to stop on a road trip”
Review of Skeeter's Pit BBQ

Skeeter's Pit BBQ
Ranked #1 of 13 Restaurants in Shamokin Dam
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Skeeter's is just about half way between our house and my parents. the trip is about 6 hours so a meal break at hour 3 is nice. We've eaten here three times and each time thought the food was pretty good and the service just what you would expect. The view here is unbelievable and if it is warm make sure you sit outside. The prices are good and the menu just large enough to satisfy most people.

Reviewed 21 June 2014

This was a very convenient stop off of the highway through PA. The view was really lovely, but the food left something to desire. I had a pulled pork sandwich- the pork was cooked well, but lacked flavor. My boyfriend had half a rack of ribs, which were very overcooked and dry. The BBQ sauce was alright, and we didn't really have a choice but to use it because we needed the moisture. Overall, it definitely beats fast food, but could improve.

Reviewed 14 June 2014

you order at a counter, sit down the food arrived quickly, ok nothing special. the servers continually hover around ,taking baskets as if they want you out in a hurry. the view overlooking the river is nice

Reviewed 12 June 2014

BBQ pork platter with good beans and slaw, corn muffin. Unbelievable river view, very friendly staff. I will return here again on my next trip.

1  Thank steve s
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Been to Skeeter's on a few occasions, with the latest experience making me sick from the undercooked chicken. When I ordered the 1/4 chicken, the girl at the counter told me that there will be some parts inside which look pink or red, but it's only because the way we cook it in a smoker. Well, I received the chicken and ribs, with the ribs being ok, but nothing exceptional, however the chicken upon biting into it appeared to have a vein which was still bleeding. I asked the waitress and she said it was normal due to how they smoke the chicken.
Long story short, I got sick later that evening from eating the chicken, and vouch that I won't return to a place which fooled me into eating undercooked poultry, simply because some teenager in the kitchen doesn't properly know how to use a meat thermometer.

1  Thank Marylandvacationer54