“Good for the price.” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Shamokin Dam
Fairview Park, Ohio
“Good for the price.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

My mom and I stayed here while visiting my sister. The place was clean and staff was friendly. We've stayed at Econo Lodge a few times and never had any problems. Being dog friendly is very convenient.

Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
EconoLodgeSD, Manager at Econo Lodge & Suites, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
Thank You for taking time to post a review of your stay. Guest feedback is very important to the
Econo Lodge,it helps with training and is also used for encouragement for the staff. We love to see guests bring their pets with them and also give them their only little gift bag! Thank You

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Stevensville, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2014

We were on our way home with a boat we had bought so we needed large parking. When we came to this motel it seemed ideal. We checked in and were told to park in back as there was lots of parking.We were able to park right across from the entrance. I did not expect greatness, what a surprise. The room was large inviting and very clean, the king size bed excellent, very comfortable. I would love to come here in the summer as it has a great layout. The rooms are around an open courtyard with a pool sitting area, very inviting. We had not eaten and did not really want to go out with the boat or unhook it they have a Mexican restaurant in the front and we decided to just go there. We figured how great can a Mexican restaurant be in a motel. The last time we had Mexican food this good we were in Mexico. Don,t miss it. Everything was a plus Staff were all friendly and helpfull !.

Room Tip: all rooms are in a central courtyard so I think any room is good
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank mary l
EconoLodgeSD, Manager at Econo Lodge & Suites, responded to this review, 23 May 2014
Thank You for taking time to post a review of your stay. It was nice reading your compliments about the comfort of the bed and the large room. With all the security cameras on site it is nice to be able to park boats etc with our worries. Having a restaurant on site makes it nice when tired from driving or in your case towing a boat you can just walk and get a great Mexican meal. Hope you will be able to come back for a summer visit to relax in our courtyard and enjoy the large pool. Thank You
Shamokin Dam
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2014

Ask for an extra blanket . . . I was chilly!
While the exterior of the property needs better upkeep and some improvement, the rooms themselves have been nicely renovated. I was content with what I got for the reasonable price.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

EconoLodgeSD, Manager at Econo Lodge & Suites, responded to this review, 6 May 2014
Thank You for taking time to post a review of your stay. I like your heading don't judge a book by its cover. We are glad you found you renovated room nice and reasonably priced. Look forward to your next visit to Shamokin dam.
Amsterdam, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2014

The staff were so nice. The room was the right size very nice condition. Very clean and comfortable. The breakfast was good. Bagels, muffins, danishes mixed canned fruit, waffles to toast, juice and coffee.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
EconoLodgeSD, Manager at Econo Lodge & Suites, responded to this review, 31 March 2014
Thank You for the nice review of your stay.at our Econo Lodge. We are pleased that your clean, comfortable room was the right size for your stay.Glad you enjoyed our continental breakfast. I will share your comments as words of encouragement to the staff. We look forward to hosting your next trip to Shamokin Dam.
PA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2014

Room was clean and comfortable, enjoyes the king size bed. Building is a little run down, but not bad at all, just not 4 star. Great location as it is very short drive to shopping, eating, etc. Breakfast is our only complaint. Would stay here again.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Thank You for taking time to post a review of your stay. We are glad you found enjoyment with your king size bed. Our hotel is at a prime location for shopping and dining experiences.Sorry you were disappointed with the basic continental breakfast..Look forward to your return trip to Shamokin Dam.
Wethersfield, Connecticut
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 January 2014

My only 1 complaint would be the breakfast. It certainly does not compare to other hotels we have been to. We have stayed here several times in the past 4 years. My daughter attended Susquehanna and we first chose to stay here because of the price, but kept returning because of the comfortable rooms and always friendly staff. The bathrooms are small but the beds are very comfortable, there is a small fridge and microwave in the rooms as well. What made me write this review was because on one of our stays, my mom lost her wedding ring. I informed the hotel, they called me and let me know housekeeping did not find it. I was sure it was gone, but a month later, I got a call from the hotel that the ring was found. They were renovating the room and someone found the ring. You can't imagine how happy my mom was and how surprised I was that a month later they still had my information and actually called. My daughter is still in Selinsgrove and we still stay at the Econo Lodge whenever we are in town.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank TMRI
Thank You for taking time to post a review of the Econo Lodge. Am glad you find our rooms comfortable and staff friendly. In regards to the finding of the ring, you weren't the only happy one. You don't know how happy we were to be able to return something of such sentimental value. Thank You for being a loyal customer.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 January 2014 via mobile

I enjoyed the King size bed, the room was spotless. I got a great price and the staff was friendly and helpful. This was my first visit, we came to play a concert at front street station. Can't wait to come back! Take your room key envelope to bob Evans for a discount!

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Jason T
EconoLodgeSD, Manager at Econo Lodge & Suites, responded to this review, 16 January 2014
Thank You for the great review of you first visit. We look forward to hosting your stay the next time you are in the area. Thank You for the nice comments of the room cleanliness and friendly staff, they will be used as words of encouragement for the staff
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shamokin Dam
Red Roof Inn Danville
Red Roof Inn Danville
#3 of 6 in Danville
BEST WESTERN PLUS Country Cupboard Inn

Been to Econo Lodge & Suites? Share your experiences!