“Step back and time.....”
Review of Roadside America

Roadside America
Reviewed 8 May 2014

suspend reality for a bit and get ready for some nostalgia and a slice of Americana. Hard to believe that this attraction was the brainchild of a man, who as a young boy saw houses off in the distance and thought they were toy houses.... He worked his entire life building the structures ... and nothing has changed since he passed away in the 60's. Stopping feels like you're back in the 60's both in the exhibit and the gift shop. Incredible care went into the effort - and it shows. For the light show - they use the same technology as in the 60's - the light show was fun and we loved it. Still run by the founder's family and worth the stop.

2  Thank ADWestfield

Reviewed 5 May 2014

Train and Americana devotees will get a kick out of Roadside America; scale modelers will probably cringe a little. Roadside America has been going for decades, and it shows, both inside and out. The large sign on the facade is missing a few letters, the store seems like a throwback to the 1950's and 1960s, and the train layout itself is getting a little long in the tooth.

Still, the layout is impressive, albeit rather out of scale at 3/8" to the foot, on an O gauge layout which normally would be 1/4" to the foot. My two boys got a kick out of the various animated scenes, which are innovative and fun, including a zoo, parade, barn dance, farmyard and many other scenes. This is the second time I've been, and there's always a little detail that catches my eye and says "build me" for my own train layout.

2  Thank ibcgg1
Reviewed 14 April 2014

My 11 year old daughter and I visited recently after driving by and commenting that we should stop....very satisfied. We had fun. She really enjoyed the display. Everyone should take the time to stop with the family. You will not be disappointed. The owners were great to talk to. Stay long enough for the evening pagent that they run about every hour or so....really neat. Hats off to Roadside America!!!

2  Thank James R
Reviewed 2 April 2014

this little gem sits off I78 in southeastern pa...it was built by one man starting about 50 plus years ago and it is amazing. the diorama shows you many different scenes you might see in America at different times in our history. the work that went into creating this is mind boggling..it is especially nice when night comes and the lights in each village go on..definitely worth a stop.

1  Thank Joe32926
Reviewed 1 April 2014

I have been driving past this place for years and finally stopped in. It looks a little corny at first but when you realize that everything (and I mean everything) was made by hand by one man and how long it took.......well, God bless him. What dedication and patience and a love of our country . Next time you drive by, stop in!!!!!!!!

2  Thank roadtoretirement